The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Graphics basically shafted

CrowInTheWood
Just applied to the new patch today and it screwed up everything. My game was working fine, but now the glowing is pixelated, some figures appear to be neon pink (???) and it can't play 20 minutes without crashing. Tried to repair, but it says everything is fine. Suggestions? Clarifications?
Lonan of Dubh, Breton Hedge-Sorcerer-
"Monsters all, aren't we? The only difference being some of us are proud of our claws."
"Love only has one other name- Betrayal."
"Power. The prize that takes everything. Such a price we pay..."
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pink textures are placehoders for textures that cannot be found or are corrupted.Try running the repair function from the Launcher. If that doesn't help, try a reinstall. For a really fresh start, you need to rename, move, or delete the Elder Scrolls Online folder in your profile's Documents folder.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've deleted all associated files and folders and reinstalled the game 3 times now and still get the pink textures.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    My machine specs are...

OS 10.11.3
    Late 2013, 27" iMac
    3.5 GHz i7
    24 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 780m 4096 MB VRAM
    500 GB SSD
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's an exact copy of my current machine. Well, I've further upgraded my RAM. :smiley:

I still haven't seen anything pink where it shouldn't be, neither on PTS nor on live, but then again, I didn't get much play time due to the EU login issues yesterday evening.

Do you run ESO from the Macintosh HD (main partition)?
    If you lower the Texture Quality setting, do you keep seeing pink textures?
    Try disabling all addons.
    Try renaming or removing the UserSettings.txt file to start with a fresh one.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run ESO from it's default location in the Applications folder on my main HD. Forcing texture changes with the video settings has made zero difference. It may or may not happen while everything is enabled or disabled and set to high, and it may or may not happen with everything enabled or disabled and set to med or low. It happens randomly with no add ons installed, add ons installed but no add ons enabled and all add ons enabled. I've dumped and repopulated the UserSettings.txt file several times... as well as the ShaderCached.cooked file.

From another thread...

Also, regarding the pink textures, that appears to be totally random. I can log onto one toon and see every texture, log onto another toon and only mounts are pink, log onto another toon and only chicken, monkeys etc are pink. I logged onto my main and my own armor was fine, toon hopped to check mails and then went back to my main and my own shield and sword were pink. I can quit the game entirely then log back onto a toon that saw pink tigers and normal horses before the logout, and now everything is fine, maybe later on the same toon only critters are pink. It seems more to be a texture fetching issue than a corrupted or missing texture file on the client side.

I really don't know. The only thing I know for certain is that this game is unplayable for any extended period and the few minutes at a time that I can play it are wholly unenjoyable. It's beyond me how the decision was made that this was good enough to release.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • CrowInTheWood
    I'll try to repair again, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything.... The pink figures don't seem to be showing up as much, but I've still got those super gritty lighting situations.
    "Monsters all, aren't we? The only difference being some of us are proud of our claws."
  • CrowInTheWood
    I've also tried to play around with video quality settings and it didn't do a whole lot either
  • CrowInTheWood
    These are the screenshots of that damn blue pixelation. It seems to be happening with special effects (like spells and footprints)
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have some weird tearing or very bright type of texture that appears in the distance. I am not sure if it is actual tearing or its trying to show the reflection of light from the sun. Not sure, but kinda looks funky.

Also with 64 Bit client versus what we had before, assets popup on screen much faster and the game generally feels much more smooth for me. But they way trees and walls etc popup in the distance could be further refined.

Also, with the previous client, my Mac's fans would either be off or run very slowly and quietly when in PvE. Now I hear the fans running much faster and louder (yet my Mac does not feel hot at all). Not sure what's that all about.

Late 2013 Macbook Pro 15" retina
    16 GB Ram
    2.6 GHz i7
    Nvidia GT 750m
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey all, I've updated my 2.3.5 64-bit client FAQ with a possible fix for the frequent client crashes and pink textures (section 4); it was suggested by Chris, so please give it a try and report how it works out for you.
  • CrowInTheWood
    Ugh, looks like I'm going to have to do a fresh reinstall after all..... was really trying to work around it. Thanks for the help!