Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Returning to ESO. Can there be such thing as a Khajiit sorcerer?

Elektrakosh
Elektrakosh
✭✭✭
Decided to try out a new character and wanted to find out if a Khajiit could be a sorcerer. I know Altmer can be great (I have a low level vampire) and already have an Argonian restoration Sorceress in another faction.
What path and race would suit it. I'm terrible with nightblade builds and die too easily.

Comments of "L2P" and polite versions are not helpful.
Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
EU/UK. Xbox One.
Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any race can be anything. Can a Khajiit be a Sorcerer? Sure. With enough effort they could even be decent, but will never be as good as Altmer or Breton, due to lack of magicka racials. I guess whether you'd be OK with that or not depends on how much you care about min-maxing and having a fully optimized character. Me, I have an Imperial Sorcerer who's my main, and I'm fairly happy with her performance despite her limitations.
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on March 7, 2016 10:23AM
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course. Will you be as efficient as a Altmer, Breton or to a lesser extent, Dunmer? No. Unless you are looking at topping leaderboards i wouldn't worry about it.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen one before. His death was not pleasant
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    I don't do PvP as I'm poor with competitive games. Not my taste.

Okay thanks for the information, folks. Looks like I'll just have to go with the characters I have.
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a friend who plays one, he's beaten all content he's taken part in.

As others have said everything is viable in this game, just some race/class mixes will give you better results if you want super scores.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Mophet
    Mophet
    ✭✭
    I have a Khajiit Sorcerer and Levelled it as a Stamina Tank and DD but when I tried to go full normal sorcerer I just could not pull the numbers that Altmer & Breton could get. I talked to a lot of them after dungeons and was quite surprised at the spell damage and amount of magic pool difference there was. In the end this character returned to stamina and became a good Sniper in PvP and a very good CP farmer in the sewers.

It is surprising how much fun it is farming with it. While in sewers I run duel wielding daggers and found a Bow back bar best, but if you come up against top end players especially magic sorcerers you will need sword and board back bar mainly for the shield spell reflect which really helps on survival.

On contrast I have a Altmer magic Sorcerer which I find some what OP but is not as much fun to farm with and I am always relying on Bolt Escape as your main quick movement due to needing to save what little stamina you have.

At the end it,it is fine at being a magic sorcerer if you are good at it (I did get L2P in some group dungeons) but is better as being a stamina sorcerer to take advantage of its racial bonuses (while levelling I used 2Handed sword and is so much fun one shot a mob from stealth with it) but until Dark Brotherhood Patch stamina build are going to be on the back foot as the new patch will buff magic even more.
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes magicka Sorc will be the new go to class for 6 months
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you do it? Yes.

Should you do it. No

Is there a way to do it and come out on top. Yes, Check over the sets, see what racials you can capitalize on, and create a niche build that basically your racials could only support.

I don't know if this is remotly updated but anyway this is what I found: (I dont play as a kitty as much as the ladies would love it)
    Increases Weapon Critical by 8%
    Increases damage done while in Stealth by 9%
    Reduces your detection radius in Stealth by 3m
    Increases Health Recovery by 20% Increases Stamina Recovery by 10%

All these racials scream stamina...and I think with the proper tuning you could produce a stamina sorc with the best burst damage there is out there for pvp, and it could be fairly powerful.

To go magicka would toss the recovery and major bonus (weapon critical) in the garbage...and those are simply to tasty to throw away.
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • jluchau
    jluchau
    ✭✭✭
    I've been a Kahjiit Sorc. Since game launched. I have fun and there isn't anything I haven't been able to do. Play what you like.
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. You would be weaker and likely will regret it at endgame if you choose to go magicka. It is a good choice as a stam sorc though.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • Lorde1
    Lorde1
    this is false, im a endgame magic khajiit sorcerer and i love it
    Acsvf wrote: »
    Yes. You would be weaker and likely will regret it at endgame if you choose to go magicka. It is a good choice as a stam sorc though.

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't PVP, a Khajiit sorc is very playable. I have one and she has been able to do all content outside of PVP.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    nowadays with the resource requirements and with stamina now playing such a big part of that with break free and such...

Khajiit magicka Sorc is not too bad, not good for vet trials, but ok for the rest

Khajiit stamina Sorc is also pretty good, not good for vet trials, but ok for the rest

Edit: I play Khajiit magicka NB and it works really well for me for everything except vet content
    Edited by Imza on November 28, 2017 5:27AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorde1 wrote: »
    this is false, im a endgame magic khajiit sorcerer and i love it
    Acsvf wrote: »
    That depend on type of endgame, you will do 10% less dps than an Altmer as mage sorcerer, this is only relevant for veteran trial groups who tend to have dps requirements, typical 25 or 30K and they are easier to reach with the altmer.
    In that case you could convert him to stamina sorcerer and be bis.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Well first of all there are two variants to sorc gameplay (as a DPS) you can be a stamina sorc or a magicka sorc. Khajiit for stamina sorc is fine, as a magicka sorc you will find recourse management problems which can be frustrating and will make you weaker. But it's up to you if you don't mind that and are looking for casual gameplay khajiit sorc does just fine.
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Bosmer magsorc (pets) and Bosmer magplar (healer) would say yes. Both are strong characters and neither have sustain problems.

That said, the reason I choose only Bosmer is totally for roleplay purposes. If your reason for race selection is to get the best possible numbers then there are better choices for mag chars that Bosmer or Khajiit. Race is a thing. . . it is just not that big a thing as far as performance.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imza wrote: »
    nowadays with the resource requirements and with stamina now playing such a big part of that with break free and such...

Khajiit magicka Sorc is not too bad, not good for vet trials, but ok for the rest

Khajiit stamina Sorc is also pretty good, not good for vet trials, but ok for the rest

Edit: I play Khajiit magicka NB and it works really well for me for everything except vet content

The only reason a Khajiit stam sorc isn't good for vet trials is because stam sorcs aren't good for vet trials. It has nothing to do with being a Khajiit.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• DeathHouseInc
    DeathHouseInc
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't care about end game stuff. That is pretty much the answer for everything that sounds cool and interesting to you.