The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Puncturing Strikes bug/nerf

Cinbri
Cinbri
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Since I afraid it will be ignored in main templar feedback thread and since patch based on bug fixes, there we go:
In 2.3 patch Jabs lost ability to proc Siphon from restoration staff. It seems considered as dot for this skill now and can't proc siphon even on first hit. It means in PvE for templar who using Jabs for his dps rotation it is already impossible to proc support-sustain skill like Elemental Drain upon using spammable class attack(Jabs), and now it is impossible to proc Siphon Spirit (on live it is proc 4 hp returns and 2 mana returns).
If it is bug - it is must be fixed before patch goes live as it is huge weakness. If it is intended nerf - let us know the reason.
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KNowak
Edited by Cinbri on March 2, 2016 8:27AM
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont worry, working as intended for the moment, but will be fixed in 2018
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Since I afraid it will be ignored in main templar feedback thread and since patch based on bug fixes, there we go:
    In 2.3 patch Jabs lost ability to proc Siphon from restoration staff. It seems considered as dot for this skill now and can't proc siphon even on first hit. It means in PvE for templar who using Jabs for his dps rotation it is already impossible to proc support-sustain skill like Elemental Drain upon using spammable class attack(Jabs), and now it is impossible to proc Siphon Spirit (on live it is proc 4 hp returns and 2 mana returns).
    If it is bug - it is must be fixed before patch goes live as it is huge weakness. If it is intended nerf - let us know the reason.

If I'm not mistaken Jabs is magic dmg so it will never proc elemental drain since u need to do elemental dmg (fire, frost, lightning).
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

If I'm not mistaken Jabs is magic dmg so it will never proc elemental drain since u need to do elemental dmg (fire, frost, lightning).
    Yes, you could proc mana returns only by Siphon Spirit. Thats why loosing ability to proc it with this skill is big loss.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no fix until next major update
    #MOREORBS
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO
    Templar issue !? naaaaa, working as intended
  • deleted220701-004865
    Our nerfs have nerfs
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they will adress it like Surge - in a year you will be able to proc it again, with a cooldown. :innocent:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just stay in your house like some agoraphobic hermit and you will be fine.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biting jabs is stamina. Sweeps is magic. I think they both treated as Dot! Not sure? Use repentance maybe?
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're considered a dot yes! It has it's advantages and it's disadvantages, we, templars, have some issues but that is not one of them.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Biting jabs is stamina. Sweeps is magic. I think they both treated as Dot! Not sure? Use repentance maybe?

Repentance requires bodies and how will it help him manage his magicka?
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope this one doesn't get ignored as well. With the 8 second nerf on channeled focus, being unable to proc siphon is just another hit to our sustain.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sure hope your healer got his/her orbs ready. Pick your fork and pop those bubbles!
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to say it, but this is WAI and that's not a joke or a jab at ZoS.

For those who do not know, before 1.6 the force siphon skill healed every time you did damage, every DoT, every animation cancel, every crushing shock hit, everything.

1.6 change this spell (and made the healing component useless) by restricting it to offer a single heal once per global cooldown, no matter what. That is the intent of the spell. Yes, this means "healers" will be giving their team like 473 health per golbal cooldown in a game where you take 20K single hits, but that's what the combat designers were looking for.

If sweeps was procing 4 heals, this was a bug that benefited templars so had to be squashed with prejudice and impunity.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »

Magic management is still coming from siphon spirit and increased with Resto staff heavy attacks. I think?
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »

Magic management is still coming from siphon spirit and increased with Resto staff heavy attacks. I think?

Reread the OP. "In 2.3 patch Jabs lost ability to proc Siphon from restoration staff."