Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who would win in a fight The three living false gods or a Dragonborn?

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Putting this up because this guildly says a dragonborn would win against any of the three. Which of course I said the false gods would win but yeah he says no so your thoughts?
Edited by Thevampirenight on February 29, 2016 9:40AM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.

Who would win in a fight The three living false gods or a Dragonborn? 99 votes

Yes a Dragon Born would beat them at east during this time period.
42%
SolarikenSunraMaseriZigoSidTannakaobiValen_BytebabylonNonamesbutmineub17_ESORinaldoGandolphiTX12001rwb17_ESOZorrashiJa50nXUvirythFfastylKreetarI_killed_VivecAnhedonieamericansteelJeffCapra45Strider_Roshin 42 votes
No the Three would beat the dragonborn with only just a wink.
54%
TabbycatTotalitarianagabahmeatshieldb14_ESOEmissary_VexKovaNerevarTelvanniWhiteCoatSyndromeRedTalonKendaricYusufbertenburnyb16_ESODanikatSnowstriderDhariusAbeillekkravaritieb17_ESOElijah_Crowtheroyalestpythonnub18_ESOHortator Indoril NerevarThe_Sadist 54 votes
No you don't think someone that Had Babies with Molag Bal Nor someone with the Voice could beat possibly Beat each other.
3%
KingDasDingNinjaMykVangy 3 votes
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on which dragonborn.
    If the Neverarine can kill them, who otherwise has no special powers like a dragonborn. Sure immunity to disease because of corpus (it doesn't make the Neverarine immortal because he/she can still be killed) but that's hardly a superpower compared to near-godlike magic that the Three have. If the Neverarine can kill Amalexia than a dragonborn like Tiber Septim (Talos) could too. I guess she was pretty weak when she dies though... at the top of her power? IDK

It all depends on when and who.
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    Who? There are quite a few.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • Lookstowindwards
    Lookstowindwards
    ✭✭✭
    Now (ESO time) no.

In the third era - yes (assuming you mean a dragonborn like Talos)
  • vakieh
    vakieh
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought that at this point in time ALMSIVI still have the Heart of Lorkhan and Kagrenac's tools at the ready, and could therefore knock any Dragonborn square on his backside if he even looked at them funny.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, at this 2nd Era time period the Three still have full access to the divine power of the heart of lorkhan, and thus would make short work of any dragonborn, dragonshouting nonwithstanding.

Wait a few centuries until Dargoth Ur awakens though... and the equation slowly starts to change. And once you get to TES:Morrowind time... the three barely have any power left, and... well... many here played through it, so no more needs be said.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Putting this up because this guildly says a dragonborn would win against any of the three. Which of course I said the false gods would win but yeah he says no so your thoughts?

lore wise the Dragonborn is blessed by Akatosh, the 3 use mortals for their bidding.
    Nerevarine would destroy the 3 with ease and he is weak.
    most dragonborns were the shezarinne, an avatar of lorkhan good luck trying to combat that!
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I'm biased, I really hate what Skyrim did to Dragonborns. And nords, but that's for another topic.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there is a Dragonborn alive on Tamriel during the timeline of ESO.

Am I wrong in that? I could be wrong.
    Edited by JD2013 on February 29, 2016 7:07PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • ForlornBeliever
    Considering you kill Almalexia in the Tribunal expansion of Morrowind, I say yes because they obviously aren't all-powerful.
    Edited by ForlornBeliever on February 29, 2016 7:07PM
    Leader of the Bloodborne Rogues. Werewolf looking for a pack or want to be a werewolf? Or just looking for teammates to take on Tamriel's baddies? Feel free to message me if you have questions or are interested in joining. Xbox One/NA Server
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    I don't think there is a Dragonborn alive on Tamriel during the timeline of ESO.

I don't think there are any known dragonborn.

It's hard to say if there are any at all, because my understanding is the only way for anyone (including the individual themselves) to know they're dragonborn is to try and do something only they can, like light the dragonfires.

But I think it is hereditary, so presumably there must be some, like Septim's ancestors.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering you kill Almalexia in the Tribunal expansion of Morrowind, I say yes because they obviously aren't all-powerful.

Atm they are close to it, they have powers of hearth of Lorkhan.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on February 29, 2016 7:10PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

I don't think there are any known dragonborn.

It's hard to say if there are any at all, because my understanding is the only way for anyone (including the individual themselves) to know they're dragonborn is to try and do something only they can, like light the dragonfires.

But I think it is hereditary, so presumably there must be some, like Septim's ancestors.

Yeah, I know that a Draginborn may not know they are, but with the Dragonfires dark, I'm not sure there are any at least consciously Dragonborn at the moment.

However, someone Datamined (which doesn't mean to say that it'll be put in game) a dragon priest outfit for the crown store, and some Skyrim type armour, and a lot of the outfits now are tied to DLC, so maybe we will be seeing something related in the future?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're all distinctively powerful that I wouldn't even know who to root for.

But go figure a Skyrim player thinks the Dragonborn is the be all end all.

My love for all things Morrowind though I'd probably throw my crowns at the Nerevarine.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not a wink but the Three could beat a Dragonborn because the Three ALREADY DID beat a Dragonborn. Reman II didn't manage to bring Morrowind into the Empire, he was killed in battle and his heirs had to take up the fight. (Whether he was killed by the Three themselves or one of their followers hardly matters; if they were able to get their lackeys to do it, they were still responsible.)

Now, if you meant to ask if the Three could beat ANY Dragonborn, I'm going to say no; I suspect Talos would have stomped them and probably the Last Dragonborn would have too. Maybe Miraak.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People need to read some lore.

As pointed out and ignored by some, the Three have complete access to the power of the heart of lorkhan, alongside the tools required to harness said power. Honestly there shouldn't even be a war going on right now, the Three are currently extremely overpowered.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only One can beat the Three (or really, the two), and they were a Dragonborn, so we already have the answer to this. :smile:
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Access to divine power, and more importantly, the Numidium, would give the Tribunal the power to strike down everything, and why they don't use it to affect the Planemeld is beyond me.

That being said, if a Dovahkiin could get their hands on the Numidium, or any other matter of divine power
    Like the Amulet of Kings in the main story
    then the Tribunal would have a threat on their hands.

This makes me think about how powerful the Pact are in the war. If the Tribunal wanted to, they could strike down the opposing armies with either their powers or the Numidium (after a power source is found).
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone voting for the dragonborn just aren't reading what people are posting in this thread, or don't really care.

Also, false gods? Tiber Septim wakes up and achieves Chim and is never seen from again for the entirety of three games, with the exception of his "Lucky Coin" appearance as wulf in morrowind, and people still fight for the stormcloaks in skyrim in the name of Talos.

Sotha-Sil, Almalexia, and Vivec achieve Chim and rule for 3500 years and they're false gods?
    Access to divine power, and more importantly, the Numidium, would give the Tribunal the power to strike down everything, and why they don't use it to affect the Planemeld is beyond me.

That being said, if a Dovahkiin could get their hands on the Numidium, or any other matter of divine power
    Like the Amulet of Kings in the main story
    then the Tribunal would have a threat on their hands.

This makes me think about how powerful the Pact are in the war. If the Tribunal wanted to, they could strike down the opposing armies with either their powers or the Numidium (after a power source is found).

"Simply put, as the Gods cannot know joy as mortals, their creation, so mortals may only understand the joy of Liberty by becoming the progenitors of the models that can make the jump past mortal death."
    Loveletter From the Fifth Era, The True Purpose of Tamriel

The Gods, by their own purpose, can't seem to act directly on the mortal world. That might explain it.
    Edited by Kova on February 29, 2016 11:21PM
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • LBxFinalDeath
    LBxFinalDeath
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Nerevarine would win of course.
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A dragonborn could just become a vessel of Akatosh and then the Three would be no more... but then it would a draw.

But that wouldn't happen because Akatosh has greater concerns during the time of ESO... like Molag Bal and his planemeld... and being the god of time he'd know that the Three would be dealt with anyway.

But theoretically speaking if a dragonborn could become a vessel of Akatosh to fight the Three, he'd win, but at the cost of his life. But you'd still need the Amulet of Kings.
    The only reason your character is not killed by becoming a vessel of Akatosh at the end of the main quest because they are missing their soul and someone else died in their place.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread needs a spoiler tag...
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »

The Gods, by their own purpose, can't seem to act directly on the mortal world. That might explain it.

Ah, that would make sense. Of course, the Numidium would be able to circumnavigate that, unless, of course, the Numidium itself is considered a god and cannot act directly.

Of course, I would think that, due to the fact that the Tribunal were once mortal, they would be able to interact with the mortal world. Perhaps they should have also used the Numidium for that :wink: . However, the Tribunal also has massive amounts of potential to rally up massive armies (religion can be a real motivator) to kill a Dovahkiin. And if all else fails, that would probably work.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • vakieh
    vakieh
    ✭✭✭
    ALMSIVI presumably know that using their power to take over would set them against not just every non-Dunmer race in the game, but would also see a pretty unified Aedric and Daedric pantheon set against them.

Just because they have the power atm to swat a Dragonborn on his ass (and yes, they absolutely do right now) doesn't mean they can set themselves against a unified 'everybody else'.

Also, everyone talking about the whole Amulet of Kings, Avatar of Akatosh situation needs to go replay Oblivion - becoming the Avatar DESTROYS THE AMULET. No way that's happening before its appointed time.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the Three are typical Gods who prefer to do nothing. Look how long Vivec waited before he ended the Akaviri invasion. And I don't thing anyone, including the Three, completely understands Dwemer tools. Plus I'm sure they still remember what happened the last time someone activated Numidum (a complete race disappeared), so I don't think they'll risk it.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the Three are typical Gods who prefer to do nothing. Look how long Vivec waited before he ended the Akaviri invasion. And I don't thing anyone, including the Three, completely understands Dwemer tools. Plus I'm sure they still remember what happened the last time someone activated Numidum (a complete race disappeared), so I don't think they'll risk it.

Very good thoughts. I never considered that there might be unforseen consequences of the Numidium's use (but of course, if the sole focus was destroying a Dragonborn, then that wouldn't matter). And, of course, repeating myself (jokingly of course), perhaps they should have used the Numidium for the knowledge of fully working it :wink: . The Akaviri invasion and the Planemeld were dire events that, in my opinion, required action over inaction.

It would seem as if the Ascendance to godhood for the Tribunal have caused them to abandon their mortal roots. If I were in their place (I would want to be Almalexia for sure), I would certainly act differently. If I were a member of the Tribunal, The Dunmer would have a god-king who is both a protector of their people and a fierce adversary. Of course, that brings all of it's own disadvantages.

On a completely other topic, I've been writing a novel about a general situation similar to this (I formed the idea before I knew anything about ES lore). Where people who are like the Tribunal (in that they are mortals transcended to gods) set up great nations and rule over the world. Their massive personalities and nations get into massive wars consistently. Everything progresses from the dawn of civilization to hyper-futuristic nation-states, following the stories of the leaders and the common people. I guess you can see where I get bias and ideas from. When I finish it [whenever], it'll be cool. But until then, I have a ton of other stuff to write, namely ESO fan fic.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No no you are right.

OP honestly I wouldn't bet on such weaklings.

Padomay killed a primordial, then made Sithis - all in on Sithis.

"Where is your god now?"
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Vivecc
    Vivecc
    ✭✭✭
    have voted, but not read thru the other posts. As history, ah, sorry future ^^ will tell theres only ONE that can beat the Three (as told in the awesome Morrowind )
    pc/eu
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Dragonborn would win, or the three gods would need a nerfing.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did kill the false gods.
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends if it was me playing the Dragonborn or not, but I'd destroy anything put in front of me... or!

`tgm