The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2.3 Healthplar Build - Help required!

roigseguib16_ESO
roigseguib16_ESO
✭✭✭
I am thinking on using a health based templar build for 2.3 (at least for some time) and I was wondering if anyone who tried this can provide feedback and advise concerning the gear.
The core of the build is to get 60k+ Healthpool and have a very strong Blazing Shield (15k+ in PvP). Maybe this is a silly idea, but any tips are welcome!
Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok...so blazing shield is OP as hell with that much health, so you done good there! I also canNOT help you fully untill I understand your playstyle. For example, having high health/ high magick regen is the build you are describing, its also the build you go for when you have a fantastic amount of support. As in...you cannot sustain you're health in even a 1v1. Reason being, your magicka is going to casting your blazing shield, as it is three times stronger than your breath of life, you will not be casting breath of life. You could use vigor but that skill heals an incredibly low amount if you have 60k health...also your incredibly low stamina regen says that you cannot Break free as often as necessary, while hitting vigor every five seconds. So you live, by having a healer heal you up...

The second blazing shield build is a fair bit harder to gear up for, but in my opinion is far better, because you never know when you wont be able to rely on friendly heals. Better to sustain yourself than rely on a squish a$$ healer. This build requires MASSIVE health regen (mines at 5.5k buffed) and good magic and Stan recovery (mines at : Magic-2k and stam-1.2k). In order to get those regens, you need to sacrifice a lot of health to the tune of almost 10k...i know that sounds really bad...but once you've hit that 40k health threshold...you really don't notice much else. For example, at 20k health, you are getting an almost 4k bubble, at 50k health thats 9.5k bubble, at 60k health, its more like 12k. So take the so at 50k and 60k the damaging effect of the shield does 4.75k and 6k non crit...take those numbers and increase them by 50% to get the crit damage of roughly 7k and roughly 9k...so sorry for the numbers but the numbers to me are not significant enough to drop all my regens, for the miniscule amount of damage increase...just not worth it. So settle for 45-50k health, and go for HIGH health, magic/ stamina regens...better to be able to hit a slightly less powerful shield two times as often than not.

For gear I chose permafrost neck, four piece body. Two piece rings endurance. And five piece orgnums scales. My health regen I means I self heal more than 10% of my health every two seconds at 50k health...that...is...crazy
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh...and there is NO WAY to get your shield to 15k bubble unless you are around 6+ enemies for the increase. At 100 cp into bastion you only have 19% of you health bubbled instead of the 15%....so not much more
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, how are you going to maintain your survival, if you only rely on a shield and high health?

You'll have to recast the shield when it gets knocked off or the duration of 6 seconds run out. If you focus everything on health, then your skills will be costy meanwhile your resource pool to cast the abilities will be little. A few shields casted and you run out of resources to recast it, and will rely on people around you to keep you alive, meanwhile you can't contribute to the fight with anything but heavy and light attacks.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, how are you going to maintain your survival, if you only rely on a shield and high health?

You'll have to recast the shield when it gets knocked off or the duration of 6 seconds run out. If you focus everything on health, then your skills will be costy meanwhile your resource pool to cast the abilities will be little. A few shields casted and you run out of resources to recast it, and will rely on people around you to keep you alive, meanwhile you can't contribute to the fight with anything but heavy and light attacks.

That's why he said really high regen rate. To compensate for the lower resources.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds