Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Not enough bag space even with upgradesI

LionheartRichard
LionheartRichard
✭✭✭
I am level 0. My bank is completely full of only "materials". I'm crafting every time my bags fill up and I have to go back to town. I have purchased the first bag and bank upgrades and can't afford any more at this point.

This is just not acceptable. There are too many ingredients in the game and not enough bag/bank space. I should not have full slots in my storage and no where to put it except to sell the mats I may need for crafting. Could we please get an infinite storage receptacle for our materials? Soooo frustrating and boring to have to go back to town after two quests to have to do inventory management. This needs to be fixed.
  • LionheartRichard
    LionheartRichard
    ✭✭✭
    Whoops I meant to say I am level 20, I am so overwhelmed by the over 100 crafting items in my bank that I am spending more time switching between bank mules than actually playing, stuff like this drives players away and over to other MMOs like GW2 that have better mechanics
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always create a guild for just you and a few friends to share. An extra 500 slots goes a long way. There are several ways to going around this. I personally think having the extra 500 slots is plenty.

Also, upgrade your inventory! +60 is a lot!
    Edited by Eshelmen on February 25, 2016 3:29AM
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • LionheartRichard
    LionheartRichard
    ✭✭✭
    Wow 500 Is there a way for me to be the only member
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should also be crafting and selling IMO. You'll earn the money you need for the space, and level your crafting. I had a severe gold shortage until I started crafting and selling... and mats aren't that typically hard to come by until you're trying to craft your vet gear.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • LionheartRichard
    LionheartRichard
    ✭✭✭
    Where should I sell to I just sol to vendors It was only like level 10 gear though
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was selling to vendors too. You'll get more for higher levels of course. The day I figured this all out, I spent at least an hour or two crafting all the highest level food I could make, burning through my mats until I could make no more, then just dumped it at a vendor for a few thousand gold. I hope someone jumps on if I've got it wrong for blacksmithing though. I haven't leveled that yet.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    It is enough. Was for me at least. I believe I had upgraded bank or bag at least few times by level 20. I'm VR2 now and all my money still goes to horse training and bag upgrades. I don't buy anything else.
    Sure there comes times when you just can't pick and store everything you want. But that is part of playing rpg getting to make decisions.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually you have 8 character slots not 1 so you have 7 chars with a minimum of 60 slots, for as little as 2400 gold on each ( 16800 gold ) you can increase that to 80 x 7 = 560 just from alts no bank and no guild bank, now add the latter and you have plenty.

Also you are able to feed your mount for a total inventory increase of 60 slots on top of the regular bag vendor.

So really you should not have a problem.

You should decon or merch 99% of the gear you pick up ( you only start picking up worth while gear at like VR1-16 anyway).

What you do with set items, superior, epic's and legendaries is up to you.
    Saving everything ( especially provisioning mats ) is such a waste of bank space put that on an alt!
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

Make 10 alt accounts and have them all join the guild.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Unstable.Pixel
    Unstable.Pixel
    ✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

Guilds are on the account level so technically all your alts automatically belong to any guilds you're in.
    I swear to drunk i'm not god
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lunch.Box wrote: »

Guilds are on the account level so technically all your alts automatically belong to any guilds you're in.

No not alt characters alt accounts

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lunch.Box wrote: »

No not alt characters alt accounts

Yes you need 10 accounts in one guild to unlock the guild bank. If one leaves you can get stuff out of the bank but can no longer put in until you have 10 again.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like everyone says above, join a guild, or make a solo guild using your xbox accounts etc.

So you know we've all been there. Its meant to this way, it drives you to mine gold etc and have a plan. You cant do it all at the start. Be patient. Also focus on limited crafts not all, work what mats you really need (I.e. Dont need all for writs) it will come!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even a max-upgraded bank (240 item slots) can sometimes feel like too small storage. Especially when starting new characters after getting the master crafter to max level. All those runestones, herbs, waters, traitstones, ingredients, etc have a tendency to flood the bank. Having a guild bank or two :p all to yourself helps a lot.
    Halcyon Black
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where should I sell to I just sol to vendors It was only like level 10 gear though

Sell to the guilds you belong to.There is the option to do that when you go into the bank.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...I have max character inventory on all 8 of my characters, plus max bank space, and it's still not enough. I recently got rid of all my 200 stacks of style stones that can be purchased at vendors. That freed up 10 spaces. Of course, once all the new styles get introduced, that'll take up those slots, but hey, it's something.

I have this tendency to want to be able to craft anything, of any style, level, etc. So, I have all potencies, essences, aspects for Enchanting; all provisioning mats; and so on. I'm a hoarder, and it was hard to get rid of those style stones - but they're only 15g each at vendors (which is why I'm so baffled when I see these for sale in guild stores at 100g or more - heck, anything more than 15g is overpriced).
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 1, 2016 11:14PM
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree that the bagspace system is totally inadequate and a real turn off. It seems quite typical for newer players (who don’t have full bag upgrades yet) to spend more time managing their inventory than they do actually playing - it’s tedious and not good for keeping players interested in the game. Many people have found it necessary to create ‘bank alts’ that are just there to hold things instead of being able to actually go out and play with them. This is not how it should be!

People usually rush into threads like this with the ‘hoarder’ accusation, but that is only SOME of the players that have issues with inventory space. Personally I do not hoard. I try to keep only one stack of each material, and I sell or deconstruct everything else that I loot. I would enjoy collecting mementos, it would add something to the game for me, but I gave up on that almost from day one, and only keep the stuff I need. When I get an overflowing stack I craft and sell or decontruct. I’ve been steadily upgrading my space but I still agree that I have to keep running back to town far too often for a ‘pit stop’ at the merchants/bank.

A while back I did some math on this (it may not be completely accurate now):
    —Consumables: 134—
    Enchanting: 56
    5 Aspect
    19 Essence
    32 Potency

Alchemy: 27
    18 reagents
    9 solvents

Provisioning: 51
    25 food
    26 drink

—Equipment: 130+—
    Blacksmithing: 24
    10 types of ore
    10 types of ingots
    4 tempering

Clothing: 44
    10 cloth materials
    10 types of cloth
    10 types of hide
    10 types of refined leather
    4 tempering

Woodworking: 24
    10 types of rough wood
    10 types of sanded wood
    4 tempering

18 Trait Stones
    20+ Style Materials

For One Stack of every Crafting Material you would need at least 244 spaces. This is not quick and easy to get in this game, and can really put a damper on things for newer players (and even some who have been around a while) who want to craft. Sure you have space on your alts, but it’s a pain to log in and out to pass the gathered materials to the other characters, and again to retrieve the needed materials when you want to craft, and having them loaded up prevents you from being able to enjoy actually playing with the other characters and builds you may want to try.

A few tips.
    1. Do crafting writs each day (which will use up some materials and make you some coin) - then if you have a horse stop by the stable after turning them in and upgrade your bagspace, put the rest in the bank to save up for bank and personal bag upgrades.

2. Don’t save a lot of items to research, only a couple that you’ll be able to start soon, otherwise try to just go check the guild traders for items with the next trait you want to research and buy them when you’re ready to actually start. I know it feels like a waste, but when you need space….

3. For provisioning you can probably rely on crafting writ rewards and hirelings to provide you with all the materials you need so you don’t need to worry about picking up any of those as you’re questing.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on March 2, 2016 3:40AM
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Early in the game I spent probably a 1/3 of my time managing inventory, which is ridiculous.

I've read a few threads that said infinite crafting bags are coming but for ESO+ members only. Really ZOS? That greedy huh? Why not let us buy a crafting bag from the crown store that is character bound. I'm sure lots of people would want them for multiple characters (you'd still get your $, ZOS). But I find it extremely greedy to require ESO+ to get something that would end up being vital and almost necessary to stay competitive in the crafting portion of the game.
    Edited by GreenGhostMan on March 6, 2016 3:08AM
    Alozar [] AD [] vet7 High Elf Templar
    Dronus Agni [] AD [] 9 Redguard DK
    Vaden Luxor [] AD [] 4 Redguard Templar
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we need an increase to bank space 240 slots is not enough, I would pay more gold.

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    240 slots is enough to hold at least one stack of every mat except provisioning mats. Provisioning is the craft I have decided to ignore. I can fit everything else in though, including multiple stacks of expensive mats. Gear I might use I keep on me, and gear I will probably never use but want to keep I put on an alt, I call him my outfitter and he also holds my collection of disguises/costumes. This also helps to avoid accidental decons. So my bank is just one huge cache of mats. I'm reasonably happy with this setup and don't crave infinite storage. I do remember it being hard when you start out though, but then everything is. Having said that though I wouldn't oppose a storage increase; would be nice not to have to use an alt. My brother is lucky enough to own a guild with 7 inactive players in, plus me, my bro and a mate. So I have been using that to collect all the interesting sets I loot while levelling alts.

IMO bank space > bag space, but both are nice.
    PC | EU
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Crafting Bag is "Coming Soon"TM. That's going to truly solve this issue once and for all, but we have to wait another 3 months and you have to subscribe to ESO+ in order to get and maintain access to what's in the bag.

The concept of a shared bank isn't new, and can be a real help in an MMO where people have lots of characters they like to play. However, instead of designating a set number of slots as shared, as well as not allowing fillable containers go into bag and bank slots to help alleviate space issues, ZOS created the STUPIDEST and CLUNKIEST space issue in the entire industry. I love this game, but seriously, I've never seen anything more IDIOTIC than the bag and bank system in this game. The person, or persons who thought that our current system was good and/or FUN, which is what a GAME is supposed to be...FUN, needs to have their head examined.

Now that I've gotten that rant out of the way, there is also the unspoken storage system in this game that no one here has mentioned. It's a bit clunky, but what else about this game ISN'T clunky when it comes to storage? That storage system is... Your mailbox!

Yes, your mailbox. You can store quite a bit in your mailbox for up to 30-days before you either have to take it out and keep it, sell it, or resend it back out. This is what is known as the RTS, or Return To Sender trick. While it doesn't require an add-on to do, it sure makes things a whole lot easier if you are using Wyykyd's Mailbox add-on, which automates the entire process, and puts some safety back in as well. The biggest requirement to doing the RTS trick, is have friends in the game whom you trust. Getting into a guild, making friends with the people in it, and especially using Teamspeak with your guild mates will get you those trusted folks with whom you can regularly Bounce mails with on a daily basis.

I bounce RTS mails off of friends pretty much daily, and they do the same with me. We all use Wyykyd's and you don't even really notice that the bounces are occurring. As soon as you log into your in-game mailbox, any mail which uses one of a set group of keywords in the subject line is automatically Returned To Sender. This means you can mail groups of 6 items at a time, clearing your inventory for more loot so you can keep grinding without having to take a bank/decon break, and then get all of those items back in your mail quickly where they can sit for up to 30-days waiting for you to pull them from your mail and decon/sell them. On a long grinding day, I can send out 10-20 RTS mails which equates to having an additional 60-120 bag slots!

RTS mail bounces are also good for semi-longterm storage of items you plan on putting up for sale in your guild traders. I've now begun to organize and label those items within the body of the mail itself for easy sorting when items in my various guild traders sell. The only important thing to remember here, is that when using your bank for semi-longterm storage your mails can only sit there for 30-days before they vanish, taking your stored items with them! However, your mailbox tells you exactly how long a mail has been sitting in your mailbox, so you can just accept the mail and resend it back out as another RTS bounce when it gets close to that 30-day mark. I never let things get closer than a week before rebouncing them as a buffer for unforeseen life/game circumstances which might keep me from logging in and losing mail. If I know I'm going to be gone on holiday for a while, I'll just renounce the whole lot just before I leave.

The new Crafting Bag will almost certainly end my use of my mailbox as semi-longterm storage, but it probably will never end the use of RTS bounced mail for long grind sessions. Give it a try. It will truly change your life for the better in this game. As one of my all-time favourite bands once sang, "I get by with a little help from my friends".