The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Epic (or should I say Legendary Fail)

• tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, been there, too.

And as a matter of fact, I think those special crafting stations should not even have an option to produce normal gear.
    After all - they are "special", "magical" or whatever one may call it.
    If you venture out there you should get exactly what is advertised. And only that. Always.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been there done that. Also accidentally golded out a few V15 pieces.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    I lost Rube Leather (VR16) when I went to the Gold upgrade when the number of resin reset to 1...
    I lost Rube Leather (VR16) when I made the same item I had already made... got a few back when I recycled it...
    I lost Rube Metal (VR16) when I made some other silly mistake...

I have to admit, I did not forget to craft the item set and craft a normal item... but I am glad I am finished making VR16 gear for a while and will not have the chance to screw up yet again...
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Done it loads, never at 16 though.

I triple, even quadruple check that stuff. Like read it out loud check.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is also a bug in the current game where if you change equipment types (going from say a Jack to boots or other piece) where it also changes the quality level. For instance, you are creating a V15 Jack, then change the equipment type to boots, and the level changes to V16. You don't want V16 boots, it just changed it for you. So suddenly you are making a piece of gear that uses 130 pieces of rubedo instead of 13.
    Edited by Ashtaris on February 29, 2016 4:46PM
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have screwed up multiple gear pieces b/c the level changes - Arghhhh. That one gets me all the time.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Slashie
    Slashie
    ✭✭
    My NB hit v16 about a month and a half ago, my first v16. After lots of farming and blowing all of my gold, I finally had a full suit of armor.
    My last piece of crafted gear was a belt of hunding's rage.
    Crafted it, enchanted it, made it gold, equipped it, and realized it has no trait.
    That's like a 50k gold mistake?
    That's the last time I craft armor under the influence, I swear.

The funny thing is, I'm having more survivability and pretty much same DPS running with 5pc Hunding's and 5pc Briarheart. So 100k in agility rings and 100k in crafted leather was unnecessary. Lol.
  • DEATHquidox
    DEATHquidox
    ✭✭✭
    Acharnor wrote: »
    Take heed crafters so that you may learn from the error of my ways. I was at the Julianos Crafting Station making some gold light armour. Made two pieces, shoulders and shoes - then added the kuta enchants only to have my son point out to me that I did not select the Julianos and had crafted regular gear. Curse holler swear - he was right. So I wasted two Kutas, 16 Dreugh wax, 260 Ancestor silk, a laurel, 8 purple upgrade mats. I was gutted.

Has anyone else made a stupid mistake like this. Share your shame. We can support each other. Or am I the only knuckle head playing this game. (I'm not totally hopeless - the day before I had made chest, hood and legs - correctly)

Happens to me all the time I just haven't wasted that much mats on it tho xD I'm sorry bro but yeah I screw it up all the time