The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best Armor Set for my Sorc?

Heisennburgg
Hey everyone. My Sorc is focused on obviously magicka and my role is DPS. Right now I have a full Gift of Magnus set that a friend of mine made for me until I hit VR1, which is when he's making me a new set, then another set once I hit VR16. My main weapon is a destruction staff, resto staff on my second bar. I guess my question is which crafted armor set would be the best for my character? I'm pretty new to this game so I apologize if I wasn't specific enough or if I left out important information.
Alawen Springshade | Breton | Magicka Sorcerer | DPS | 200CP | Ebonhart Pact

Spartan Legion | Immortal Fury

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

[PC] [NA]

Best Answers

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 piece Julianos, the rest Magnus. Or once you reach v16, 5 piece Julianos and 3 piece Arch Mage
    Answer ✓
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafted? 5x julianos for pve or 5x kagrenacs for pvp. Magus is good, so is torugs pact. Good non-crafted sets from about v10 include martial knowledge, cyrodiils light, adroitness, arch mage. My v14 setup was 4x martial knowledge, 3x arch mage, 2x cyrodiils light and 2x torugs pact. At v16 in pvp I wear 5 x kagrenacs, 3 arch mage, 3x willpower. For pve I swap out the kags for 5x julianos for a slight boost in spell damage but less survivability.
    PC | EU
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, Julianos for the 5 piece, and then what ever you can get for the other ones.

Note as you level VR Ranks, some gear to look for as drops are Syrbane, Soulshine, Warlock, and Adroit. These are all nice to mix in with Julianos Crafted.
    Edited by Nestor on February 22, 2016 5:47PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • NoMaassPliz
    NoMaassPliz
    ✭✭
    I highly recommend trying to track down warlock at v1 if you can - it makes resources a non-issue, and it has jewelry (not sure if the rings drop anymore). Syrabane is also good as it has jewelry.
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    5 piece Julianos, the rest Magnus. Or once you reach v16, 5 piece Julianos and 3 piece Arch Mage

If going purely crafted, do what he said. Torugs Pact also has a good three piece set if you plan on using a staff, as you'll get a spell dmg bonus. Either is fine, just depends on whether you want resources (magnus) or dmg/health (torugs)
    Answer ✓
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i went ahead and got a full set of the julianos and got 2 piece of magnus with it. gonna make a pvp set as well, thinking kagrenacs for that one. hoping to find some cyrodiil's light items as well! thanks for all the excellent suggestions ~

EDIT: I just read that v1 Cyrodiils Light rings come from reward mails from pvp. It's probably easier for you to buy them off of pvp players.
    I think the v6-v14 ones can be bought from NPC for Allience Points.

Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on March 5, 2016 9:53AM
    Answer ✓
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    I like 5 Julianos and 3 Seducer
    Answer ✓
  • Heisennburgg
    all excellent suggestions, thanks! :)

[PC] [NA]
  • Heisennburgg
    i went ahead and got a full set of the julianos and got 2 piece of magnus with it. gonna make a pvp set as well, thinking kagrenacs for that one. hoping to find some cyrodiil's light items as well! thanks for all the excellent suggestions ~

[PC] [NA]