The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Linking a new PSN-ID

MasturCheef
MasturCheef
✭✭✭
Hello,

My issue: I had to change my PSN-ID because of missing humour of Sony employees. Now I dont know if I can play with my old character again. It's in fact no account change, it's basically the same. Only the ID will be changed, that's why its so difficult. There's two possibilities:

1.: The game/my ESO:TU account recognizes the PSN-ID change and everything is fine, I'll keep my progress (few people say this can happen, but it's not guaranteed.
2.: The game/my ESO:TU account wont recognize the change and I will have to unlink my old PSN ID and link the new one.

The question to users who had to change their PSN/XBL-Username and to Zenimax staff:

Will the username-change apply to your ESO:TU account without a problem? Or in case I have to unlink my old PSN-ID and link a new one, will i be able to play my character again after this change? In other words: is all of the progress (characters and so on) tied to just my ESOTU-account, so when i link it to a new PSN-ID/the ID changes i can access it all? Some Destiny-players said on their forums that the ID-change works fine and they can play with their characters again. Other players, from GTA Online, stated that they lost their progress due to this change and had to start all over, which is the reason why I'm more than worried now.

I already contacted customer support, they were not yet able to help. All i got were generic pre-written answers about character transfer, which i did not ask for.

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say for sure, but I would imagine unlinking your old PSN and linking up your new one would be fine, as long as your ESO account is the same one. All character progression data should be tied to your ESO account, not your PSN one.

For a bit more information, which may or may not be useful to you, try the PS4 Account FAQ.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MasturCheef
    MasturCheef
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your help, Enodoc. Maybe some Zenimax employee can enlighten us about character-/progressionstorage and what happens in case of ID-changing.
  • MasturCheef
    MasturCheef
    ✭✭✭
    To all of you guys out there, facing the same issue:

The PSN-ID-change works totally flawless, i still have my character. I assume that linking a totally new ID (which was not my case) should also work fine. Other games however (yeah you, GTA Online) may wipe your progress, so be aware. Thanks to Zenimax for their Support, which helped a lot in the end. Keep the good work up, especially the community-/forumsupport.

Best regards,
    A happy customer
  • spawn_to_kill
    spawn_to_kill
    ✭✭✭
    To all of you guys out there, facing the same issue:

The PSN-ID-change works totally flawless, i still have my character. I assume that linking a totally new ID (which was not my case) should also work fine. Other games however (yeah you, GTA Online) may wipe your progress, so be aware. Thanks to Zenimax for their Support, which helped a lot in the end. Keep the good work up, especially the community-/forumsupport.

Best regards,
    A happy customer

they dont seem interested in helping me with this issue its start again or quit for me
    August Palatine
    vr16, dk
    vr 16 sorc,, templar,, nb
    500+1 champion points eups4