The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any new classes coming in 2016?

Rebel230
Rebel230
✭✭
Necromancer?
Warlock?

Anything?
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will never be another class nor should there be. There are plenty of problems with just the four. In two years to get here... where we are ATM lmao.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are still balancing the four they have, so I highly doubt it.
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its like any mmo(in my experience) they have balancing issues then decide well we cant balance the issues so lets throw in 1-2 more classes and have those ones balance out the current issues(that's what I normally see happen.) so who knows.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope not. We have enough classes and enough issues with them as it is.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    They are still balancing the four they have, so I highly doubt it.

Agreed. I think the backlash would be pretty bad if they announced new classes while there are issues still to resolve.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again for the last time no.

Why should ZOS add new classes when the 4 already in the game are broken, imbalanced, useless, one sided, and so on?

Seriously to any one wanting new classes answer that question then you can post till your heart contains abut adding new classes. Till then please stop asking thank you.
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    well they've already got another class but they withdrew that class, so I imagine eventually new classes will come but in 2016 who knows,

warden class
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well they've already got another class but they withdrew that class, so I imagine eventually new classes will come but in 2016 who knows,

warden class

LOL just read the description
    However, the class was alleged to be more “nature oriented,” and didn’t possess the Templar’s tanking or damage capabilities.
    No wonder it got scrapped. Jesus christ.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd be guessing, but when and if they release an expansion (a full expansion pack) they will likely have to add a new class.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So many "New Class" threads. If they will add anything new it will just be new skill lines in my opinion. Or as I have seen before a class morph which I think is a great idea and the better way to go. My apologies for not remembering who made the thread but anyway if they did add a new class I don't think necromancer would be one because that would go against the story of the game where you are fighting against the necromancers. However they could add a Necromancy skill line that could work with the justice system such that if you are caught using necromancy you get a bounty put on you. That will be very difficult however and probably won't work. And if they added any other new classes it would involve a lot more balancing and I can see a lot of angry people for multiple reasons. A few being things like having all 8 character slots filled and having to delete one to make a new character with the new class. Another being balance issues that might arise. So as of right now I don't think they will release new classes nor do they have plans to. At least not in the near future. I am all for adding another class but it is not something that is needed in the game right now. Once we reach a point where classes are pretty balanced and everything is going smoothly (at least on the PvP end) then the Devs can start thinking about new classes but until then they should focus on the classes that are already in the game. So those are my beliefs. Feel free to argue any points I had a give other suggestions. Just please keep it civil.
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is, the 4 classes wont be balanced in 5 more years. So anybody thinking ZOS will balance them if they just stay with 4 is hilarious. Having only 4 classes isnt that acceptable to me, Yes i know you have other skill lines which adds to it but i think there should have been 6 classes at launch.
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

warden class

LOL just read the description
    However, the class was alleged to be more “nature oriented,” and didn’t possess the Templar’s tanking or damage capabilities.
    No wonder it got scrapped. Jesus christ.

yeah pure healer class haha
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each of the classes can be played in 2 or 3 different ways at least. So while there may be 4 class titles, there is a great variety of builds to chose from.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why should ZOS add new classes when the 4 already in the game are broken, imbalanced, useless, one sided, and so on?

Seriously to any one wanting new classes answer that question then you can post till your heart contains abut adding new classes. Till then please stop asking thank you.

How about: Some people don't care and have never been affected by any issues with class balance. I couldn't care less about it. It has never affected my ability to enjoy the game. For me, the game is becoming a little stale and new classes or skill lines that aren't just passives would add some much needed variety and freshness to the game.

I'm not saying the balance issues don't exist but for me they simply aren't a priority or that important. Obviously to you and others they are. And I respect that. But for some us having new skills/classes is more important. Each to his own.

Edited by TheTwistedRune on February 19, 2016 5:33PM
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how people keep demanding only new skill lines. Well we have a few new ones here: Legerdemain and now the upcoming Thieves Guild one - both completely dedicated to helping make little mini-games easier and pretty much useless outside of that. It also seems like any upcoming Skill Lines associated with DLC will continue to be that way to prevent any 'P2W' accusations.

I know many wish it was totally open when it comes to skills/builds, but ZOS chose to go the route of the standard MMORPG with a class system. When the timesink of Veteran Levels is gone and the CP cap is easier to achieve than before, they will need something to keep players interested after they hit 50 and max out their characters. 4 classes is just not enough when you compare it to the competition out there.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    djyrb wrote: »
    Funny how people keep demanding only new skill lines. Well we have a few new ones here: Legerdemain and now the upcoming Thieves Guild one - both completely dedicated to helping make little mini-games easier and pretty much useless outside of that. It also seems like any upcoming Skill Lines associated with DLC will continue to be that way to prevent any 'P2W' accusations.

I know many wish it was totally open when it comes to skills/builds, but ZOS chose to go the route of the standard MMORPG with a class system. When the timesink of Veteran Levels is gone and the CP cap is easier to achieve than before, they will need something to keep players interested after they hit 50 and max out their characters. 4 classes is just not enough when you compare it to the competition out there.

I completely agree. I've said this in other threads, 4 classes is way to few for a modern MMO.

Edited by TheTwistedRune on February 19, 2016 5:48PM
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    its gonna be a Dps Tank the SorcNBDragonleap
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, there are 3 classes already. Also if you want something fresh, then you could try templar beta-class.
    It's still buggy and broken like any other beta stuff, but they are working on it right now....oh, wait.
    Edited by Anhedonie on February 19, 2016 6:38PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • giff2830_ESO
    giff2830_ESO
    ✭✭
    I'm extremely hopeful for new skill lines. Very soon hopefully. Just give me a necro line!

People looking for balance....it's never going to happen, ever, in any game. All the companies will always try to do there best, but when min/maxer's exist, they will always find the flaw in the system, and so on and so on. I love the elder scrolls universe so it's my main MMO, but it sure is nice to go play some PVE mmo's where roles are important and there isn't all this constant balance bickering(though some does still exist).

Now, about that lag.......different discussion.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only REAL problem with the current 4 classes are the people whinning and crying on these forums.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I always post when this topic comes up... I believe new classes at this point would be a suboptimal decision, as while it might please newcomers, it would certainly vex old hands on account of "Why was this class not available back when I made my eight characters, it'd have been so much better for this character idea..." and so on.

The better alternative might be... Class Morphs! Yeah, of course I would link to my old idea again! After all, I always do, no surprise there... ;)

Anyways, if any "new classes" were done via class morphs, as in, the old classes with an special added skill line (and possible some effect color shifts for more visual varietee), then everyone could have "new classes" and with additional choices too (I had my idea at three options per class - like the saying goes, one choice is no choice, two choices are a dilemma, three choices is where freedom starts - no reason there couldn't be more too though)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many "New Class" threads. If they will add anything new it will just be new skill lines in my opinion. Or as I have seen before a class morph which I think is a great idea and the better way to go.

Class morphs!
    :smile: (need to finish the examples for the other classes someday)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree they need to fix the classes we have, but ffs its stale as hell with only the 4 we have. besides its the same skills being spammed over and over.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    The only REAL problem with the current 4 classes are the people whinning and crying on these forums.

I take it you've never played a templar. If you have and you still stand by that statement...for shame.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about: Some people don't care and have never been affected by any issues with class balance. I couldn't care less about it. It has never affected my ability to enjoy the game. For me, the game is becoming a little stale and new classes or skill lines that aren't just passives would add some much needed variety and freshness to the game.

I'm not saying the balance issues don't exist but for me they simply aren't a priority or that important. Obviously to you and others they are. And I respect that. But for some us having new skills/classes is more important. Each to his own.

That's probably because you don't PvP. I have said it before but I'll say it again.. the real problem is PvP. PvP ruins everything and it's why we can't have nice things. OH NO..someone will be OP if we change/add this so we can't do that!

If the PvP crowd gets their way ESO will get the GW2 treatment with 4 classes that all do the same thing but with different animations/spell effects so everything is "balanced". No itemization, either. We wouldn't want someone at a disadvantage because of gear! But don't worry..they will give each class a different looking hat for "flavor" (cosmetic only of course).
    Edited by EQBallzz on February 19, 2016 9:13PM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I want new classes as well as the ability, to become a wereshark!
    Wereshark.jpg
    Wereshark_Turn.jpg
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 19, 2016 8:51PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wereshark.jpg
    Wereshark_Turn.jpg

if and i mean IF they add that feature they better only make it look like stage 2. stage 3 would be pushing it
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wereshark.jpg
    Wereshark_Turn.jpg

if and i mean IF they add that feature they better only make it look like stage 2. stage 3 would be pushing it

Street sharks! Streeeeeeeeet Sharks. Street Sharks!
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wereshark.jpg
    Wereshark_Turn.jpg

Wait what lol werebeasts are not vampires.
    I do really want a wereshark transformation.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I hope they never add new classes. New skill lines and weapon variety, yes. Classes, no. And its not because of balance either, I just think that while ESO has no needs for any more.

If they want to add more skill lines (necromancer, druid, shaman, whatever), then they can add it in ESO as world/weapon/gear/affliction/affiliation skill lines. Preferably as part of a quest line or a story-acknowledged affiliation (your a shaman? Help us out with this haunted forest, it is filled with senche and Spriggans!).