The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Shield bleed through effect

Karamis_Vimardon
Karamis_Vimardon
✭✭✭✭
Was just thinking about Blazing Shield and how bad it is when a thought occurred to me. Does damage in excess of a shield still hit without mitigation? I.E. Have a 10K shield, get hit for 12K damage, 2K damage goes unmitigated as damage to shields is unmitigated.
PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
noun: game;
plural noun: games
1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.

Best Answer

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to know this. When 1.7 arrived people were saying that got fixed so that overflow damage was mitigated, but since then I've heard people say it isn't and I suspect they are right. Too lazy to test but it feels like overflow damage is currently unmitigated. If it is then I underestimated penetration.
    PC | EU
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it does. I have seen multiple complains on the forums that weak shields actually hold a larger negative than previously thought because. If the shield is 3k the damage past that 3k becomes unmitigated. Someone should confirm this but from my knowledge the answer is yes.
    Edited by D0ntevenL1ft on February 18, 2016 4:21AM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overflow damage is being mitigated as it should. Really not hard to test.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU