The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Oh how I wish Undaunted quests and pledges had a solo option..

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are not alone, I also wish Undaunted pledges had a solo option.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feb 23'rd > Jun 23'rd... Nice Necro dude.

In other news, git gud. I can solo just about any pledge that doesn't have a mechanic that literally REQUIRES 2 people like the switches in Direfrost and ICP, or Malubeth in Waywrest 2.

If you really need completion, send me a mail in game, I can probably run you through a pledge for some small compensation.

Inb4 I'm greedy... I have no need or desire to run dungeons anymore, I've run them literally 100 if not 1000s of times, gone through countless monster helms for BiS... Zeni's refusal to put in any kind of loot system other than their broken RNG and sh**y traits, has just about ruined me for any of that content. The only time I run them anymore is for friends, or for profit. :/
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of them are easily soloable
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    Some scrub created a build designed for soloing group content.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/1-6-6-the-unholy-herdsman-thelons-pet-build/

The unholy herdsman lol thats a great name
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can solo any normal 4-man that has no anti-solo mechanic.
    You can solo a lot of veteran 4-mans.
    You can even solo some hard modes (f.ex. fungal grotto)
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on June 23, 2017 2:35PM
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zvorgin wrote: »

Normal dungeons are about the only thing worth solo'ing, overland content is so easy it has the feeling of being impossible to fail. One Tamriel took the challenge out of overland content.

I agree, there's nothing fun at all in overland content. No sense of danger anywhere. I even started to solo veteran dungeons every now and then just to see how far I can go, but never really completed any one yet, but got to last boss on a couple. This game definitely needs more challenging content.

I would like to see some kind of tiered dungeons, that get harder and harder each time you complete them, just to see how far you can go.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but I don't really want to pick up 3 strangers and haul ass through dungeons. I don't have a mic. When people can't talk to you, you just have to run to keep up. I'm not making friends, I'm just getting frustrated. I'd like to be able to do all the content solo.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but I don't really want to pick up 3 strangers and haul ass through dungeons. I don't have a mic. When people can't talk to you, you just have to run to keep up. I'm not making friends, I'm just getting frustrated. I'd like to be able to do all the content solo.

You can solo all of them, I think the only one I haven't been able to do is ruins of mazzatun... because of the mechanics. I do them most days by myself to ensure I have a healthy amount of keys to gamble away 😂
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah, this is some GOOD forum Necromancy right here.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (1) As soon as they put story in the dungeon, requiring you to talk to people, and especially when they made dungeons part of the Dragon story arc -- there should have been a solo mode. ZOS -- get a clue from a long running and probably the most story-oriented MMO out there: SWTOR.

(2) They need to look at the player base that does solo dungeons. Those people should be getting 4x the rewards for doing the work of 4 persons. If you solo a veteran dungeon you should get 4 monster helm drops -- just like a full team giving you the helms they didn't need.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on January 10, 2020 10:34AM
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4x undaunted reward from pledge for soloing vet pls
    Edited by ThePedge on January 10, 2020 10:33AM
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that it's group oriented. Forces you to make friends. :smiley:

Gamers don't have friends 😉😜
    Edited by Recent on January 10, 2020 10:35AM
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Yea yea, I know what many people think (mainly hardcore pve'rs) but this is what I wish for. Just wanted to put it out there.

They do. You just enter the dungeon solo and run it yourself. There is no need to use group finder or to run a dungeon with a group, although naturally they are easier to complete with a group.

Learning to solo dungeons is actually an excellent way to improve your game play and ability.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO has designed the instances with an intended number of players Devles (1), Public (2), Group (4), Trial (12) with corresponding rewards for completing. It's unfortunate that pure RP'ers can't do some of the content.

Perhaps an RP mode could scale everything way down to say Public Dungeon level so the story could be experienced? Would make sense to remove all set or key loot. Otherwise, everyone would be encouraged to play solo most of the time, which would erode the core MMO community. Players would leave the game as it ties many/most to it).

Some dungeons and Trials would need to be mechanically re-designed to solo. If there's enough players that use RP mode in one's that do not need anything other than a script on damage/HP levels and those accounts buy enough crowns to do those re-designs than sure why not.

Though right now, almost anyone can beat most normal dungeons solo if they use a suitable build. Not everyone could do it as a glass cannon DD, but as a tank, tank/DD, or a high resist werewolf build normal dungeon damage levels can't really hurt them (let alone kill them).
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone likes group play but ZOS has made some parts of their game where group play is required for most players to accomplish. Current example is the Undaunted Event. ZOS could of added the public and single dungeons to their event. Both of those dungeons can be soloed.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I solo the dungeons every day. Pretty easy for most of them and can be done in about 10 to 15 minutes depending on which dungeon and which character I am using.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soloed Bloodroot Forge the other day as well as City of Ash 2 (no death). So...yeah. Just solo them if you don't want to group.