The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Oh how I wish Undaunted quests and pledges had a solo option..

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Yea yea, I know what many people think (mainly hardcore pve'rs) but this is what I wish for. Just wanted to put it out there.

PC EU
PvP only
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And me :(
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭
    I like that it's group oriented. Forces you to make friends. :smiley:
    Alozar [] AD [] vet7 High Elf Templar
    Dronus Agni [] AD [] 9 Redguard DK
    Vaden Luxor [] AD [] 4 Redguard Templar
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats good and all, but people in my situation, who have to go afk quite sporadicly and suddenly...cant really play in these kinda raid-groups. Works best casually, and nothing is better and more relaxing then soloing the content and pvp. Altho in pvp I can still be in groups just hide and go afk and the rest of the group will manage, its not quite like that in trials etc.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because friendship can really be forced, yeah. :|
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    public dungeons and achievements
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concur, mostly bc i understand that many people are in many different and sometimes difficult situations. Those people, they really wanna do that content too. Also would love the option for a duo. Hubby and I sometimes really just like it to be us, we do group but it would be awesome to have the option, esp because we started this game for something to play together, him and I.

Also, no one and nothing can "force" friendship. A lot of times the people who are mostly solo players and do group up, end up having a not so great experience. And thats just a bummer.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some scrub created a build designed for soloing group content.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/1-6-6-the-unholy-herdsman-thelons-pet-build/
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    public dungeons and achievements

Will only get you so far..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would definitely support that.

• Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or enemies :D
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭

Because friendship can really be forced, yeah. :|

Oh geez. People get their panties in a wad too much here.
    Alozar [] AD [] vet7 High Elf Templar
    Dronus Agni [] AD [] 9 Redguard DK
    Vaden Luxor [] AD [] 4 Redguard Templar
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, stacking friendship is the ultimate trump strategy in ESO. Moar friendship = moar winning.

Also, almost everything in this game is soloable if you're brave enough (and experienced enough). That truly only applies to a small percentage of the player base however, and most players of an average skill level and gear quality won't pull this off, which makes this post have some merit. That being said, there is a reason those instances are designed for groups. There always have been, and always will be, people (and situations) that make grouping unbearably frustrating. The good news is that, if you try hard enough, you can do these things by yourself.

You're better off stacking friendship. Friendship OP.
  • Humatiel
    Humatiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't necessarily have anything against the idea, but it would require a revamp of the current dungeons for solo content, aka make them hard enough that players rage on forums. If players think they can walk (literally) through the equivalent of a public dungeon and complete a pledge/get monster helms then I am absolutely against the idea.

I imagine though that this would defeat the point of the people asking, as many are asking due to a "play as you like" mentality not really jiving with the whole joining as a role concept in groups.
    VMA | vHRC-HM | vAA-HM | vSO-HM | vMOL-HM
    700+ CP
    GM of Luxury Raids
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is an MMO though; most meaningful content should require grouping. But recent improvements to the dungeon finder should make your life a lot easier. It's super convenient and very doable even with a couple baddies in your group.
  • Auros
    Auros
    ✭✭✭
    OK I'm a newb, can you take me in your group? Oh, I'm only lvl 30 yet ... so ... yeah.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey count me in too, I would also like every grindy part of the game to have a solo option too.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Friends until someone ragequits I guess
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game already have scaling mechanism, so it should not be too much work to add solo versions. Really would like to have it, I often play in low times.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thelon already said it... solo em?

The DLC ones are pretty hard, same with some v 2. However the majority of Dungeons can be soloed. Then if you just wanna get XP and keys, normal version is super easy.

I've only completed about 3 dungeons in a group.
    Edited by Waffennacht on February 9, 2017 3:55PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little more CP and I'm going to trying soloing some of the easier group dungeons. The few low-level dungeons I did back when went fine and resulted in additions to my friends' list, but I like to take my time, read whatever's available to be read, chat up quest givers, etc. Since others aren't inclined to do this, I'd rather solo. I also just don't want to deal with the whiners terrified that their dungeon will take 5 minutes longer if someone doesn't play exactly the way they think they should.
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Yea yea, I know what many people think (mainly hardcore pve'rs) but this is what I wish for. Just wanted to put it out there.

/signed.

Me too, I wish... because not everyone's taste is the same.

For some people it's enjoyable to play in or with a community.
    For others it is not: not enough freedom, not enough time, not enough social skills or interest, etc.
    Sometimes it's just that you like to play with people but on a free mode, not "enter another church" mode... you see @ZOS ?

Like 1968 sexual freedom vs Puritanism...

Am I a libertarian ?
    An anarchist ?
    Anyway some of us dislike being "forced" to do something they don't enjoy, especially in a game.
    --
    & Same for PVP though (AP points, anti zerg, Map awareness too low when not formally in groups).
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the group aspect of the game - grouping is more fun than soloing - but I'm also unable to do much of the content simply because my playing time is too sporadic.

I'm that one who'll do part of a public dungeon with you, only to disappear halfway through. You might meet me again on your way out, when I manage to get back to the game.

So instead of making everything soloable, I'd simply like to see more public dungeons. An option might be to make some of the current group content public, but limit the number of people going in to the bosses. That will keep the bosses more challenging, but shorten the uninterrupted time a player need to commit to a specific dungeon.
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i want it to be an solo option also.
    your not alone.
  • CireNesnomis
    CireNesnomis
    ✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »
    A little more CP and I'm going to trying soloing some of the easier group dungeons. The few low-level dungeons I did back when went fine and resulted in additions to my friends' list, but I like to take my time, read whatever's available to be read, chat up quest givers, etc. Since others aren't inclined to do this, I'd rather solo. I also just don't want to deal with the whiners terrified that their dungeon will take 5 minutes longer if someone doesn't play exactly the way they think they should.

I completely agree. I seem to be one of the only players who actually wants to read the content and hear the NPC quest givers. I understand if someone has done that dungeon or area before, but frankly even newbies often just blow past anything remotely "RP" in nature and have no tolerance for viewing the story line.
    GM - Daggerfall Outfitters Crafting Post (DC) NA, PC - Dedicated to helping all become Master Crafters
    Free Mats given to Guildmates for Crafting Writs and Gear: 18,344 and lost count
    Nhoj Nesnomis (DC) - Breton Magicka Sorcerer
    Krafticious (DC) - High Elf Sorcerer and Master Crafter
    Cire Ravenloft (DC) - Breton Vampire Magicka Nightblade sworn to the Dark Brotherhood
    Yaj Nesnomis (AD) - High Elf Templar noob Healer
    Deep-in-Cup (EP) - Argonian Magicka Dragon Knight
    Me Carry Too Much (DC) - Wood Elf Nightblade and dedicated Mule before Crafting Bag of Infinite Holding acquired in ESO+
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second this motion, if for nothing else, then for the ability to have multiple roads to the same path. Yeah, I am a pretty big fan of group content, and I think it's okay for the game to push it in general, but sometimes, I really need things to be shaken up a bit.

Moreover, I can't afford to constantly respec my characters when I switch from PvE to PvP and vice versa. The result of which is that my PvP characters are goung to take a really, really long time to grind out Undaunted, since their current builds flat-out suck in group content.

I don't need to be able to get keys from PvP, but it would be awesome to at the very least have a way to grind out Undaunted, or at least have a way to get a comparable passive. Maybe Alliance War could have its own passive functionally identical to Undaunted Mettle, while also being mutually exclusive. Or something like that.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get good and solo dungeons
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Zanen
    Zanen
    ✭✭✭
    You can reach undaunted 9 entirely solo. It will take longer, but you can do it.

Get all the group delve achievements.

Do all the normal dungeons.

daily quests.

If you can, get the vet no-death achieves on at least the "1" dungeons.

I have one character with undaunted 9 and other than trials I don't think she grouped for any of it.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can solo pretty much every normal dungeon.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish there were a solo option too... as it stands, I rarely do the undaunted pledges. I'd really like the ability to decide if I wanted to group with other people or not. Sorry, that's just my personal feelings on it. Maybe ZOS could make a solo option where when you go in alone, the game creates 3 more NPCs to fill the other roles. I think that would be cool. :)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish there were a solo option too... as it stands, I rarely do the undaunted pledges. I'd really like the ability to decide if I wanted to group with other people or not. Sorry, that's just my personal feelings on it. Maybe ZOS could make a solo option where when you go in alone, the game creates 3 more NPCs to fill the other roles. I think that would be cool. :)

i love the way you think.
    i hope zenimax does what your suggesting.