Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial sewers can't survive

aaron_campion
aaron_campion
✭✭✭
Hi everyone says grind in imperial sewers to level up fast but i cant even survive against the mobs. Im VR7 and i just get killed so quick?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone says grind in imperial sewers to level up fast but i cant even survive against the mobs. Im VR7 and i just get killed so quick?

Can you give us some insight into your build, gear, and grinding technique on the mobs? They are tougher than normal ones, but you also earn more experience, so it's definitely worth it.
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to be tactical about your fights as a solo player: target the healers and archers first, then the casters, especially in groups of three, take care not to aggro more enemies since mob density is so high. Defense is as important as offense, because they do a lot of damage. Judging by your signature you're a Sorcerer so Hardened Ward at the very least is essential. Food buffs are also essential, and don't forget to slot potions. I like using Lighting Form for extra spell resistance and mobility (and it also damages melee mobs who get close).

Enemy players are another matter; I tend to do a lot of sneaking. ;)

*A fellow Sorcerer who's been farming ancestor silk for VR16 gear for the last few weeks* :smile:
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on February 17, 2016 4:52PM
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are Stam Camo hunter or better yet evil hunter is critical, aoe and a heal are required, points into fighters guild passives are required. I used tri pots and actually block cast holding block and casting fire ring. I actually hit Liquid lightning stood in it while impulsing then would heavy attack to to get them to come to me. I actually would hold block and impulse burns Stam like crazy but works. Tri pots would restore Stam would pot at 50 percent Stam. Yes I could have used shield but was not even at the level to get hardened ward. I had mutagen on back bar when getting in trouble. I started at level 27 to vr 9. If I knew what class you were and if you were Stam or magic we
    could help more.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mobs are VR16 down there, and there are many of them. You usually don't get the full experience if your underleveled (although Cyrodiil mobs are weird in that they are VR5 scaled to VR12 so not sure what happens with the sewers)

There are many other grind spots with VR7/8 mobs to grind on.
    Edited by Nestor on February 17, 2016 6:34PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get into a group and you can breeze through most of the content, solo in tough if you not geared / CPed enough.
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The Mobs are VR12 down there, and there are many of them. You usually don't get the full experience if your underleveled (although Cyrodiil mobs are weird in that they are VR5 scaled to VR12 so not sure what happens with the sewers)

This isn't true; IC mobs are VR16 and players are battle-levelled to VR15 so grinding there is possible for all levels (within reason).
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't true; IC mobs are VR16 and players are battle-levelled to VR15 so grinding there is possible for all levels (within reason).

Thanks, I was not sure about the Sewers if they were different than Cyrodiil. Heck, Cyrodiil may have changed with Wrothgar too. It has been quite a while since I have been to either of those two zones.

Heck, if that is the case, then go to Wrothgar and farm the PDs there.

Edited by Nestor on February 17, 2016 5:38PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's probably your build and / or gear. I went there with my vet 2 sorc and could get through it. Was rough since she is a crafter and I don't have many skills points for abilities.

Since it is a scaled area you need up to date gear. Old gear can make a huge difference.

We have a very knowledgeable and helpful player base. So if you provide a character build they can help you out.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes, it depends on your build and dps and survivability, if you can not survive alone, get a group of at least 4 people, or get a better build and increase your dps and health(regen).

what build are you running?

- armor sets
    - skill bars
    - championpoints
    - race
    - class
    Edited by altemriel on February 17, 2016 5:55PM
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP not monitoring this thread?

@aaron_campion Please provide some insight as to what class you are, and whether your are stamina- or magicka-based. It will be easier to provide suggestions for surviving if we know how you play.
  • aaron_campion
    aaron_campion
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    OP not monitoring this thread?

@aaron_campion Please provide some insight as to what class you are, and whether your are stamina- or magicka-based. It will be easier to provide suggestions for surviving if we know how you play.

Yh hi im a magicka sorcerer with desto and resto staff. Im a high elf 130 championpoint rank
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest if you are struggling and wasting time, why not head off to Orsinium instead? There is a nice public dungeon cave to the top right of the map called Rkindaleft. Good exp there, do this until you feel you are strong enough for IC.

Put your warrior champion points into Lady elemental Defender - the Daedra in IC like to use fire...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IC isn't the best place to grind. There will be an area to grind whatever faction you are. If you're doing gold in ad, 11 onwards may be a struggle.

IC mobs hit hard and take too long to kill. So you move slowly through it. Other people come along on mass and kill things, other players kill you etc. You have to upgrade gear often so battle levelling helps you. Grinding elsewhere, you make it at vet 1, vet 5, vet 10.

Look at all the advise above. Compare it to zombies in good spots in every zone.

Fire bow once into 5 groups of 3 zombies. Hit steel tornado 4 times. Next mob.

IC isn't the best place to grind. A lot of people think it for some reason. Only downside is having to do silver. But including questing times, it's still quicker than IC. Plus you get the rest of the skillpoints you'll need to flesh out your character. Of course, if you want zero questing, IC is the way to go.
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    crackwood cave in cyro is probably better at lower vet ranks mobs are easier lots of xp. if you can get on quiet campaigns, also the dailies in cyro give 12% for each area .i normally do my daily quests in cryo and imperial city to get to 50% then grind in crackwood cave,imp city or orsinium pub dungeon
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a similar problem, but only on my magicka Sorc. I can take a somewhat similarly geared Templar, DK, or NB into the sewers solo to grind or kill the generals (the ones at the crossed-swords) but not my Sorc. It's like he's naked and unarmed compared to my other characters. (Stats/gear in the linked post.) If I just want XP I can go to Wrothgar, but if I want key trophies or to work on IC achievements I need to be able to do as well on my Sorc as I do on my other characters.
    Edited by tinythinker on February 23, 2016 2:13PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the thing with grinding is you need to balance Time to Kill (TTK) and the amount of XP you gain per mob. If each mob in IC gives you 4k xp but it takes you too long to kill them or you keep dying, it's not a good spot for you.

There are plenty of spots to grind closer to your level that would have a much lower TTK netting you more XP over time. Is this for your AD or EP character?

Just remember that xp is maximized fighting mobs within 3 levels of you, diminishing returns up to 5 lvls difference. After 5 levels difference it is no longer worth it. Stack other bonuses as well:

2 player group = +10%
    ESO plus = +10%
    Rings of Mara = +10%
    Psijiic ambrosia = +50-%
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]