Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Do I need a DLC to access V16 materials?

GrimMauKin
GrimMauKin
✭✭✭✭
Obviously I can buy from other players, but will I need to purchase one of the DLC packs to be able to collect V16 raw materials directly (medium armour in particular)?
I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do not believe so with the way the resource nodes scale now. I could be wrong tho.
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes @GrimMauKin I think so... I can't think of anyway you could get v16 mats without being in a dlc area.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭
    No you can farm them in cyridil since the nodes their scale off your highest resources.... you can also buy them from people.
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium for raw material, yes.

Only other way to get it is tel Var stones from IC.

Scraps will drop from mobs in group dungeons if you have 10/10 in clothing.

In vet dungeons, mobs will drop generic vet 16 gloves, boots etc which you can break down. In normal dungeons, only bosses will.

So without DLC, it's pretty slow unless you straight up buy it from other players
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    Not only form DLC:
    coolermh wrote: »
    No you can farm them in cyridil since the nodes their scale off your highest resources.....
    PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    hireling will send you all mats anyway
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can find them in Cyrodiil, but resources aren't plentiful there. As long as you're rank 10 in the crafting skills, you'll see them and get hirelings to get them. But do note, to find the amount needed to craft a V16 set, you're looking at likely months of farming Cyrodiil and hireling packages.
  • TalonKnight
    TalonKnight
    ✭✭✭
    not tryin to star a stink here, but this is the 1st thing i have read about this game, that does make it look like it is P2W ish....
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not tryin to star a stink here, but this is the 1st thing i have read about this game, that does make it look like it is P2W ish....

You can buy them off other players too. You don't need to spend any actual money on them. You can certainly earn the gold and buy it. It's come way down in price since IC launch.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they eventually scale the gold zones nodes to make it easier to get materials without DLCs. But at least you can (slowly) gather them from hirelings and Cyrodiil.

The prices are dropping in guild stores so it may be easier to grind out 200k gold and just buy it.
  • TalonKnight
    TalonKnight
    ✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »

You can buy them off other players too. You don't need to spend any actual money on them. You can certainly earn the gold and buy it. It's come way down in price since IC launch.

Still.... this is the first thing.... kinda....
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can decompose gear drops.... Completely free.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the release of the Imperial City DLC I'm yet to get any v16 potency runes from my hirelings or find any from nodes in the open world.

I don't know if this is how it's supposed to be, a bug or I'm just very, very unlucky. Using Tel Var stones is the only way I get them.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to farm them in Cyrodiil, but with how many resources it takes you would probably be better off farming Nirn in Craglorn to sell and then buying the mats.
  • Chelos
    Chelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get the materials in all areas where there's scaling.
    Currently that's Cyrodiil and Wrothgar.
    Farming in Cyrodiil is ... special so getting a DLC might be a wiser idea for the time being.
    Edited by Chelos on February 12, 2016 8:06AM
    • Ich bin nicht merkwürdig ich bin eine limitierte Auflage!
    • I'm not weird I'm limited edition!
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »

Still.... this is the first thing.... kinda....

Unfortunately it is not the first thing. Sets, motifs, runes - all restricted in some form to DLC.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • v16 raw materials drop in Cyrodiil, but are rare and not worth farming.
    • v16 raw materials drop in Wrothgar, it's rare but can be worth farming.
    • v16 materials can be gained from deconstructing v15-v16 loot from v15-v16 scaled group dungeons. It is not worth the time.
    • v16 materials and runes are best gained in Imperial City DLC. They are not farmed directly and none of the material are raw, but you can farm Tel Var stones and use that currency to buy your materials from the Tel Var merchant NPC. This is the fastest way of obtaining these materials, but many players prefer going to Wrothgar instead, because of the pvp aspect of this DLC.

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you do dungeons at v16, bosses will drop v16 items that you can deconstruct to get materials. The last boss in every dungeon also has a chance to drop agility / willpower items.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    GrimMauKin wrote: »
    Obviously I can buy from other players, but will I need to purchase one of the DLC packs to be able to collect V16 raw materials directly (medium armour in particular)?

Doesn't Cyrodil scale? So couldn't you get it from there? I could swear I picked up some Ancestor silk from Cyro before.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find raw mats in Cyrodiil all the time.
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA