Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add-Ons

x3lumin8x
x3lumin8x
I would like to use some add-ons but I am not sure which ones are essential to have. Is there such a list? If there is, can you guys point me in the right direction? Thank You Thank You :)

Best Answer

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

These ones will allow you to customize lots of aspects of the UI from unit frames and buff tracking to minimaps and DPS resports. I use a mix of AUI and LUI.

If you just want to customize the UI that is already there try Azurah. It is not as involved as the others I listed above, it's mostly concerned with allowing you to reposition the stock UI elements and adding little bits of info here and there.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Answer ✓
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What, exactly, do you want addons to do for you? Reorganize the UI? Track sales in guild stores? Put skyshard and lorebook locations on your map?

There are tons of addons that do all sorts of different things and everyone has a different idea of what is "essential".
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • x3lumin8x
    x3lumin8x
    @wayfarerx Mainly I would like to move all the UI elements and maybe change the visuals of the UI. Yeah, lets start there.
  • x3lumin8x
    x3lumin8x
    Thank you for your help, much appreciated. These are nice.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azurah allows you to move most UI elements.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • tiamak
    tiamak
    ✭✭✭
    The only addon that I definitely cannot do without is AdvancedFilters. I use many more to customize the UI, ease trading etc., but this one is such an improvement.
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I had to give up all my addons but one I would keep my minimap. Next would be destinations because I hate fumbling around the landscape hoping to find things. Without those two I probably woudl have quit the game out of frustration.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned it all depends on what you’re looking for and what you focus on doing in the game.

Ones I would personally feel lost without:

Advanced filters - invaluable for finding things in your bag and bank, the sub categories are sensible and really ought to be part of the base game. I waste soooo much less time scrolling through my bank inventory searching for only my light armor to save for research on my clothier, or only my runes for my enchanter, etc.

Wykkyd’s Toolbar - easy to see at a glance my bag space, soul gems, weapon charge, gold, XP to next level, research timers, horse train timer, alliance points, etc.

Awesome Guild Store - makes it SOOOO much easier to find what you’re looking for, with text filter and it remembers your last search so you don’t have to reselect everything at each guild stall, etc.

No Accidental Stealing - you can set it to only let you steal items while sneaking, this means you don’t accidentally steal a piece of armor that’s right next to the merchant you were intending to talk to.

Crafted Potions - color codes your 1, 2, and 3 trait potions that you have crafted with green, blue, and purple, while looted potion are white so you can easily tell them apart in your inventory

Mobil Bank - allows you to check what you have in your bank (not deposit or withdraw) from anywhere, you can also check what your other characters have on them without the tedious process of logging in and out.

Inventory Grid View - view items as icons instead of a list, you can see more things at once and do less scrolling.

Harven’s potions alert - I especially like how it tells me when the cooldown is over so I can take a potion again so I’m not needlesly hitting Q too soon, I also appreciate the ability to set it to auto-select a particular potion depending on a particular stat being low, this makes using potions much easier and really ought to be part of the base game. Before finding this addon I almost never used potions, or only used one type, because I found the selection process too clunky in the midst of battle.

OmNomNom! - Write your own notification that will be displayed when your food or drink runs out - this is helpful if it expires in the middle of a dungeon and you may not have noticed.

Combat Indicator - turns the compass outline red so it’s easy to tell if something is pursuing you when you otherwise might not have realized your were spotted as you ran past.

Photographer - easy to set one key for a screenshot without UI as well as get some auto-taken shots at important moments.

Gear Swap - simple and easy to set it to auto-swap armor when I swap weapons, so I can easily have the magic buffs from light armor and healing focused set with my restoration staff, and the stamina buffs from medium armor and a weapon power focused set with my bow without having to open up my bag and find my alternate set amongst all my loot (it also marks it so I don’t accidentally sell/deposit my secondary gear set) There are other fancier gear and skill set savers, but this one does the trick for me.

FCO Item Saver - prevents use or sale of locked items, marks to sell at the guild store so it’s easy to find what I wanted to sell when I’m in the guild store menu.

Lost Treasure - I really like the little mini-treasure-map that stays open on your screen so I don’t have to keep opening it up to re-check the picture as I search for the location. It helps with finding crafting surveys as well as treasure maps. There is also an option to have it mark them directly on your map if you don’t want to spend time trying to figure it out for yourself.

Public Dungeon Champions - makes it easy to find all of the bosses and see which ones you’ve completed
    Destinations - I just use this for finding the regular delve bosses, but it has a lot of other things which can also be marked on your map if you’re looking to complete certain achievements and the like.

Skyshards - really helpful when you need another skillpoint ASAP and don’t want to wait to level up or do several delves you haven’t been to yet.
    Lorebooks - I often can’t remember where I’ve seen them before, so this helps when I don’t want to just wander aimlessly all over the countryside hoping I’ll run across one. It’s easy to tell that I’ve found all of them in a particlar area so I can stop searching.

Circonian’s Tweakit - for the world map zoom adjustment and the bypass confirmation when improving armor with 100% chance of success

No, Thank You! - Block or redirect certain annoying alerts, change the frequency that you see the same alert. I especially appreciate the no guild roster alerts, and the no gigantic alliance war notifications when you’re not in cyrodil.

I don’t personally use Dustman, but it’s also a good time-saver - choose to auto-sell ornate, white, etc. items when talking to a merchant, choose to auto-destroy 0 value items or junk like worms if you’re not a fisherman

For crafting:
    I think most people prefer Craft Store which shows research progress for each character, known motifs and a bunch of other information.

Personally though I use AI Research Grid which is a little simpler for tracking which characters have researched or are currently researching what.

Khrill Crafting Post-it - displays the writ requirements in the crafting interface and the bank so I don’t have to keep exiting to double check my journal to see what I need for each crafting writ, this saves me so much time!

Harven’s Trait and Style - to indicate what motif-style things are in as well as whether it’s researchable

Multi-craft - is extremely handy for creating large batches of food and potions so you don’t have to keep clicking ‘craft’ over and over. You can select the number you want to make, hit craft, and then go grab a drink or something.

Master Recipe List - has a toggle-able window that shows all the recipes in game so you know what you’re missing, indicates items in your bank or inventory needed for your current writ, color-codes the recipe categories in the crafting ui and allows opening more than on category at a time, indicates which characters know a recipe

Harvest Map - helpful for remembering where certain nodes are when you need to select a harvesting circuit. I also love that it includes chests.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on February 14, 2016 10:04AM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I us skyshard and Lore book add-ons.Plus a small clock,equipment level one,umm,.umm,....oh heck.A few others,but nothing too much.It all depends on what you want ingame.Go get Minion,check out the mods there,and pick what you think will enhance your game.
  • THBronx
    THBronx
    ✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    As mentioned it all depends on what you’re looking for and what you focus on doing in the game.

Crafted Potions - color codes your 1, 2, and 3 trait potions that you have crafted with green, blue, and purple, while looted potion are white so you can easily tell them apart in your inventory

Mobil Bank - allows you to check what you have in your bank (not deposit or withdraw) from anywhere, you can also check what your other characters have on them without the tedious process of logging in and out.

Harven’s potions alert - I especially like how it tells me when the cooldown is over so I can take a potion again so I’m not needlesly hitting Q too soon, I also appreciate the ability to set it to auto-select a particular potion depending on a particular stat being low, this makes using potions much easier and really ought to be part of the base game. Before finding this addon I almost never used potions, or only used one type, because I found the selection process too clunky in the midst of battle.

OmNomNom! - Write your own notification that will be displayed when your food or drink runs out - this is helpful if it expires in the middle of a dungeon and you may not have noticed.

Very nice suggestions, thanks a lot for that!
    Hadamanthys
    Templar of Ebonheart Pact.
    NA Server.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My approach is to wait until I find something about the UI bothering me and then head to www.esoui.com to find a fix for it. I can't remember a single time I couldn't find what I was looking for, more often I find there's several to choose from.

These are the ones I wouldn't be without:

Advanced Filters - Adds sub-categories to the inventory to make it easier to find things you want.

Azurah - I got it to move and resize the UI, but I find some of the indicators it adds useful, particularly the one that tracks how full your ultimate is.

Bankershutup - I still hear 'welcome to the bank of Daggerfall' in my head whenever I talk to that woman but it's nice not to get the same one-liners over and over from other bankers and to be able to mute any other annoying NPCs.

Binder - Saves keybindings so you can easily move them between characters. It's a huge time-saver if you have a lot of characters and keep changing keybindings.

Harven's Subtitles - I know the game has subtitles now, but this one allows you to move and resize them.

Mini Map - I have no sense of direction so this was the absolute must-have for me. The first addon I downloaded and the one I'd hate to loose most.

Unified Chat Tabs - Copies chat tab data, including colours, between characters. Another huge time-saver if you have a lot of characters.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • x3lumin8x
    x3lumin8x
    WOW! Thank you all! You guys are great :)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to some of the ones above, I also use:

Horse Timers - Lets me know when I need to learn a horse riding skill. Keeps track of all characters so that I can see from any character whether I need to pop over and train.

Lootdrop, Continued (All in One) - ZOS recently added something similar to this, but Lootdrop does smaller text and icons and also allows me to put the information into the chat window so I can see it after to notification has aged off.

Spent Skill Points - Tells me how many skill points I have in a skill tree without having to open up the tree. This is mostly to remind myself of where I am at with an alt if it is a while between plays.

AUI - Advanced UI - I use this for the minimap and DPS statistics. It also provides scrolling combat text, but the default text and icons are huge compared to what ZOS is putting into Update 9. It can rearrange how the game displays player and target information. Features can be turned on and off, which is why I use it.

People may disagree, but I am generally fearful of automation add-ons. I am not sure if ZOS would ever ban someone for using an auto fish filet, or creating batches of food and potions, but I would certainly hate to discover this the hard way.
    Edited by Elsonso on February 14, 2016 6:21PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus