Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Problem with Mining (cant see ores?!)

blndlvr
blndlvr
Soul Shriven
Hello,
I just started playing yesterday and i ve got a problem - please do laugh at me ;)
I wanted to start lvl up my BS skill, i ve done quest for it, i ve lernt Keens eye: ore.
But still i cant see any mine ores - i explored almost all starting area - any sugesions?
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are lots of farmers in starter areas, I suggest you give it a day or try again during the odd hours where few people are online. If that didn't work, send in a ticket to Zenimax, because it sounds weird not to see any ores around O.o

Btw. it is much faster to level up Blacksmithing/ Clothing/ Woodworking by deconstructing loot. You will also gain trait stones, style stones and the main material (ingots, cloth, leather, sanded wood) from that process.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As failkiwib16_ESO said, deconstructing loot is a much faster way of both getting materials and also levelling up to begin with. Just go to the merchants that sell them, stick to the back wall, go hidden and steal everything you can. Then once your inventory is full run to the stations to deconstruct. If you get caught just sneak behind the bank and pay the bounty and head back there.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Sunburnt_Penguin do stolen items still give good Inspiration Points for deconstruction? I heard that it was nerfed :S

No, they give next to nothing. Same as loot with no value.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blndlvr wrote: »
    Hello,
    I just started playing yesterday and i ve got a problem - please do laugh at me ;)
    I wanted to start lvl up my BS skill, i ve done quest for it, i ve lernt Keens eye: ore.
    But still i cant see any mine ores - i explored almost all starting area - any sugesions?

Iron Ore is the hardest to see, the other metals are much easier to see. I can see them from across the map. So, it gets easier. Plus, everyone farms for Iron, as they move up to Steel and better, then they start buying it.
    @Sunburnt_Penguin do stolen items still give good Inspiration Points for deconstruction? I heard that it was nerfed :S

If you launder the item, it will give normal inspiration in most cases then. The exception is items that Launder then go to 0 value after. The best thing you can do then is to Improve the item to Green and decon it. This is not as useful unless you have the passive that reduces how many tempers you use.

However with stolen armor and weapons, the best thing early on to do is just Fence them and use the gold to buy the mats you need.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor

When did that change? I used to do it at low level crafting and it ranked it up; I just assumed when I was higher level that the inspiration was so small compared to what was required that it wasn't as efficient any more
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor

When did that change? I used to do it at low level crafting and it ranked it up; I just assumed when I was higher level that the inspiration was so small compared to what was required that it wasn't as efficient any more

About the time of IC. When the JS came out, stolen loot was not only pricey it was just as good as any other for decon. So, people were cranking up their crafting levels and bank accounts. Of course I missed all this.

Now, most stolen gear only has value to Fence, and if there is any decon value, it needs to be Laundered and or Improved first to uncover it.

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor

Ah okay, I've recently come back to ESO so I must've missed it. Thanks for the heads up anyway: I don't wanna go around spreading misinformation!
  • VShane
    VShane
    ✭✭✭
    3 times yesterday, I went to a node and it vanished before my eyes, I thought they fixed this?
  • blndlvr
    blndlvr
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks all for the response, but still cant find any ores.....
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blndlvr wrote: »
    Thanks all for the response, but still cant find any ores.....

Go to Wrothgar. As long as your material level is still 1, those are the ore nodes you will get. I see iron all over the place on my non crafter characters.