Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

Dear ZOS, If You Ever Get Around To Rethinking Your Dye System...

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD Nestor! LOL It's visually jarring and is completely discordant with the look of everything else in the world. Bad aesthetics are bad aesthetics even when people with questionable taste like them.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think the game system itself... the entire motif (as it were) of the game would support a robust color system of various hues and shades, like, say Guild Wars 2 which has colors even I didn't know existed.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD Nestor! LOL It's visually jarring and is completely discordant with the look of everything else in the world. Bad aesthetics are bad aesthetics even when people with questionable taste like them.

But but but I like my Blue Metal armor....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no issues with the system. Works great. Want a color just do whatever task that it's linked to.

So glad they do not drop from monsters and are not crafted. That would just be one step to selling the best colors on the cartel market and that would be a poor idea.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But how can we judge? A lot of people people irl also dont have "good taste" and dont look particulary fashionable, but it doesnt mean they dont have the right to wear whatever they like. Yeah, you might think (for example) that someone is too fat to wear these jeans or too pale to wear that color, but you cant force them not to.
    Its absolutely the same in game.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to belong to a PvP guild calles SKITTLES and yes, I want us to look like SKITTLES poured out over Cyro.

true story
    Edited by Hand_Bacon on February 8, 2016 8:56PM
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

But but but I like my Blue Metal armor....

Ignore the naysayers, the vast majority of people enjoy colored armor, regardless of its material composition, and good taste is defined by the people. As such, you are objectively good-looking in your blue armor, whether it be cloth, leather, or metal. The masses have spoken. Besides, it's not like painting your armor is unrealistic, high-fantasy and magical society notwithstanding. We're all rich adventurers and we can afford to look good! You have a slew of achievements highlighting your character's conquests, why shouldn't magical , reusable dyes be given to you as a result of your exploits?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But how can we judge? A lot of people people irl also dont have "good taste" and dont look particulary fashionable, but it doesnt mean they dont have the right to wear whatever they like. Yeah, you might think (for example) that someone is too fat to wear these jeans or too pale to wear that color, but you cant force them not to.
    Its absolutely the same in game.

I can totally judge. I may not be able to do anything about it...but you can bet I'm judging. LOL

• Senet
    Senet
    ✭✭✭
    I love adding colors to my armor. Anyone who has read the Song of Ice and Fire books will know just how colorful armor can be. :smiley:

Also I like that there are muted colors for metal and shiny colors for leather. I've used that to my advantage many times to purposefully make a part of my outfit look like it was made of a different material.

• Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they're gonna do anything with dyes, make it part of a larger player-based costume revamp.

I -love- the look of some lower-level light and medium armors but there's no way to turn it into a costume. Would dearly adore to keep that look by turning the armor pieces into a single, custom 'costume'.

Maybe even make those costumes able to be traded or sold.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hand_Bacon wrote: »
    4. Make some dyes drops from mobs/delves/dungeons.
    5. Make some dyes available via alchemy crafting.

Not sure how the above would be implemented, but that's for the people getting paid to figure out.

This would be amazing. There are so many colors we are still missing from the available color palette that even if I had the whole darn thing unlocked (fat chance!) there would still be colors I feel we need and that simply aren't there.

• Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't take all unrealistic aspects out of the game. If you did my human DK would be able to breathe fire anymore.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree wholeheartedly, why theres so many Dyes as we have tons of Armors/Costumes/Styles. Dyes were solution back in the days when everybody looked the same, so thats why every single color was involved, but these days games has tons of different kind of Armors/Costumes/Styles so let them look realistic.

I get it, it isnt going to happen here, but for future games, please let Dyes die and instead of add tons of customization via different Armors/Costumes/Styles.
    Edited by Sausage on February 29, 2016 1:43PM
  • orangeman57ub17_ESO
    My biggest complaint is the fact most dyes don't represent their color palette at all. It seems older styles (bosmer, orc, redguard) are easier to dye the colors you want as compared to newer styles (xivkin, mercenary, glass) where you are lucky if 30 percent of your dyes actually show up as the color you want.

Thought about making a video showing how really neat and cool sets dye horribly. Not sure if its worth the time tho as ppl have been complaining about how cruddy the dye system has been lately.

• CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the current dye system because it's one of the only ways to show off accomplishment. I'm not always a real big fan of the colors that are awarded, but it's pretty awesome being able to see what people have accomplished by the color in their armor.

I wish more achievements also awarded titles with the dyes. For example, I have those provisioning achieves - I think you get a brownish dye - not a huge fan of the color, so why can't I have a Master Provisioner title too? Or Master Blacksmith, etc. Those would actually be useful imo.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Sir_Xalvador
    Sir_Xalvador
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say...sometimes the colors on armors just doesn't look right, and yes I usually find a color I can deal with or use a color that I didn't even think of and wow that's what I was looking for. Like a gray looking brown or even a red looking grayish black or the golds and coppers not looking just quite right. A good way to fix this issue even if we had to pay say 100 Gold in game to make it happen is to have your armor bleached so to speak. When you have this done your armor will turn white with gray shadowing, this way you get the true color your want on your armor.

cOKeh0T.png

Edited by Sir_Xalvador on February 29, 2016 4:05PM
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    LoreRiley wrote: »
    OMG!You guys hit a new low! Are you guys really gonna complain about colors....

I agree. There are worse issues with the game to complain about. If someone wants to paint their armor screaming pink, let them. Its not my personal choice but it doesnt effect my game play in any way.

Why are you criticizing someones critique??
    I guess we are only allowed to make suggestions for a specific list of issues that you deem worthy. Someone thinks changing the dye system would be beneficial. Big whoop!!

There are a lot of people that don't play this game for PVP or high level competition. They play for the RP aspects. They have just as much right to criticize and make suggestions as you do.
    Alozar [] AD [] vet7 High Elf Templar
    Dronus Agni [] AD [] 9 Redguard DK
    Vaden Luxor [] AD [] 4 Redguard Templar
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or here is an idea! What if people can dye their clothes however they want, while Zos focuses on more important "issues"?
    You want your metal armor pink? Looks terrible but hey, here`s to you. You want to dye your armor in a realistic way in a fantasy game? Good for you too.
    Seriously people...
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie