Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Mercenary Armour

Karldor
Karldor
✭✭
Where can I find the laurels to craft the armour pieces?
PS4 EU
DK-Breton Tank
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're found on Veteran Bosses in Veteran Group Dungeons. The more pages of the Merc Motif you know, the better chance of finding Laurels.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also pay crafters to make white mercenary items for you and then decon them. There seems to be about a 40% chance of getting the style material back. (Your RNG may vary.)

However, right now for TG looks like these items will no longer be bound on pickup.
    The introduction of this item allows us to update the Malachite, Laurel and Goldscale style items to be fully tradeable, akin to all other style items.

This is in reference to a new crown store item that can be used to craft any style.
  • Karldor
    Karldor
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the info guys
    PS4 EU
    DK-Breton Tank
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay so… I thought I read that you could buy laurels in the crown store and that’s why they’re currently bind on pick-up, but I don’t see them in the store. :(

So basically at the moment you can’t buy them anywhere and just have to run group dungeons? (Or, I know stupid question, is there more to it than it simply being a group dungeon, is there something Undaunted Guild related that’s required for laurels to drop and if you’re not part of that guild you wouldn’t be able to loot any??)

So… if you’re a solo player there’s no chance of getting these At All until they hopefully actually do make them tradable when the Thieves Guild update comes out. Is that correct?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To get a decent drop rate, you need to learn from merc chapters and then run vet dungeons. Unless you can solo vet dungeons, you'll need to group up.
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    Are the laurels bound to your account? Its just that you never see them in any of the guild stores.
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they are bound. At least until Thieves Guild drops.
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    That explains why I never see them, thanks x
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I'm excited that Laurels will become unbound with the TG update. So will malachite and goldscale.

At the same time, the Mimic Stone will be made available for purchase in the Crown Store. This item can be used to craft an item in any style that you have learned. It will then take on the style of the crafted item so that if you later decon it, it will turn into nickel or corundum or daedra heart - whatever style it was that you made with the mimic stone.

The reason these three items (Laurels, Malachite, Goldscale) were initially bound to your account was so that they could also sell the same item in the Crown Store. But, they've now come up with the mimic stone, so they can unbind the in-game versions since no Crown Store versions will exist for these items (I know that Laurels and Goldscale aren't for sale in the Crown Store, but it was likely they would have been once the motifs were put up for sale).
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    I got some white armor in mercenary style from someone in a merchant guild.
    I got 11 pieces and deconstructed them. Got me 9 laurels out of the 11 pieces. :)