Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Account Creation for Bethesda.net

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'd be great if Bethesda assumed control over ESO and completely turned it around. Make it into a game that people won't be embarrassed of. <_<

But I'll settle on the loveable mess that it is. <3
    Bethesda (Game Studios, I presume) has no experience with MMOs and their games are always horribly unbalanced, what makes you think they'd handle ESO better than ZOS?
    Rosveen wrote: »
    So I have a place I can go now and ask for Skyrim modding advice and it won't be off-topic? *hopeful*
    You always had that place: Bethesda's official forum and a dozen of TES modding sites. What stopped you?

I've asked on other forums I frequent. No one answered. And I don't like juggling a half-dozen different forum accounts so I can ask the odd question.

And every time I tried to log into the Nexus my e-mail would get hacked. So there's that too.
    The ESO forum is going to remain separate for the time being (possibly forever), so you need to create another account anyway...
    Options
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Forum Registration is separate. (I'm all setup on both the account and forums). You may want to note that in the OP. :smiley:
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ravalox wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Forum Registration is separate. (I'm all setup on both the account and forums). You may want to note that in the OP. :smiley:

There is no forum for these accounts yet, the bethsoft forums are the old ones that are getting discontinued and replaced by this new thing.
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    babylon wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

There is no forum for these accounts yet, the bethsoft forums are the old ones that are getting discontinued and replaced by this new thing.

And I just created an account on them...
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The forums there are for all of Bethsoft's products. Gina had mentioned to talk to the staff on the forums (there) if we had questions. Need a forum account there for that, or to chat on any of the forums other than this one.
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The forums there are for all of Bethsoft's products. Gina had mentioned to talk to the staff on the forums (there) if we had questions. Need a forum account there for that, or to chat on any of the forums other than this one.

It looked like you thought the forum account was required, as part of the new registration. It certainly would look like that to everyone who saw your post.

The bethsoft forums are the old forums getting replaced, and if you have any questions I'm pretty sure the awesome Gina will help us out.
    Options
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

It looked like you thought the forum account was required, as part of the new registration. It certainly would look like that to everyone who saw your post.

The bethsoft forums are the old forums getting replaced, and if you have any questions I'm pretty sure the awesome Gina will help us out.

Nay. I was pointing out that ZOS is directing us to use those forums to ask Bethesda questions. I don't have any questions.
    ...The point (apparently) was missed.
    Ravalox Darkshire

Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Nay. I was pointing out that ZOS is directing us to use those forums to ask Bethesda questions. I don't have any questions.
    ...The point (apparently) was missed.

Well the way you wrote it was really the issue. Made you look confused, and with all those fancy titles in your signature people could mistake your post for thinking you knew what you were talking about :3
    Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be great if Bethesda assumed control over ESO and completely turned it around. Make it into a game that people won't be embarrassed of. <_<

Bethesda (Game Studios, I presume) has no experience with MMOs and their games are always horribly unbalanced, what makes you think they'd handle ESO better than ZOS?

Nothing says they couldn't hire people that DO know how to run an mmo. And while a lot of Bethesda's games might be broken messes at first, they do usually fix the huge, glaring issues with their games. Opposite of what Zen is doing. I'd take a modicum of competence over a company that's constantly breaking the game with mere incremental patches.
    Edited by ProfessorKittyhawk on February 6, 2016 7:24AM
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nothing says they couldn't hire people that DO know how to run an mmo.
    They did. That's exactly why they founded Zenimax Online Studios.

I don't think you realize how BGS operates. Their team is only around 100 people, it's unusually small even for single player games of this scale - and they like it this way, it allows them to work closely as a team instead of a crowd of nameless cogs in a machine.
    An MMO requires constant maintenance. If they developed ESO, that would kill their single player franchises. The only reasonable option was hiring new devs just for ESO, which they did.
    Edited by Rosveen on February 7, 2016 10:56AM
    Options
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the new forum will be less like this one and more like Bethesdas is now.

At least there's an offtopicsection there.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Conquistador
    Conquistador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Registered Ninja :D
    Options
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »
    I GOT MY ACTUAL ACCOUNT NAME!
    Someone stole my "true" account name...
    Likewise, I'm glad I was able to reserve mine. I was able to get my preferred name here on the forums, but my @ name ingame had to be Ign0tus because I assume the other was already claimed. I actually had something ludicrous as my original account name because I did not know that people would see it ingame and have to contact you with it. I made it long and complex so it would be like a second password for logging in. I later had to open a ticket to get it changed and Ign0tus is what they gave me.

Edited by Ignotus on February 8, 2016 4:52AM
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Registered still mettaricana
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, tough choice for those active on both Bethesda and ZOS forums under different names...

Flip of a coin I guess :smiley: !
    Options
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do the new names have to match our forum or ESO account names?

Not unless you want it to! It's not necessary, though.

@ZOS_GinaBruno So, on Bethesda.net, I chose a screen name/account name that actually matches my Xbox LIVE Gamer Tag.

When all of the Forums for the various games are moved over to Bethesda.net, this change won't affect my Xbox signing into my ESO account, will it?

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

Options
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Signed up and username reserved! Thanks, for the heads up!
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

*looks around in confusion*

Sorry @starkerealm :disappointed:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno when the changes occur. Can the Bethesda.net forum work with TapaTalk?

https://tapatalk.com/download_free_tapatalk.php?id=0

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Registered. Thanks for the head's up!
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
    Options
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrong thread . .. :/
    Edited by Ravalox on February 12, 2016 11:53PM
    Ravalox Darkshire

Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I removed the 99 from my UN but just remember... There can be only one!

Only one Nimander that is, you will know me by my sarcastically witty (in my mind anyways) responses ;)

Unless of course someone else makes a similar forum name and is also sarcastically witty... then I'll have to become droll and morose (can I be droll and morose at the same time?).
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm already subscribed since Bethesda Blogs changed to Bethesda.net a few months ago. o:)
    Master Angler
    Options
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is happening?

Will they put the forum on Bethesda forum? I hope not, because the one we have right now for ESO is much cleaner and is very pretty compared to the Bethesda forum.

Options
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upon removing Veteran Ranks, How will the new level system look? Will it expand on after 50? 51, 52, 53... So on and so fourth, Or will there be an entirely new system?
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
    Options
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Upon removing Veteran Ranks, How will the new level system look? Will it expand on after 50? 51, 52, 53... So on and so fourth, Or will there be an entirely new system?

Wrong thread for this, bud. However, to answer your question, all we know now is the level cap will be 50 and CP will be used to determine the gear/sets you can wear.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got Mine xD
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't nobody pretend to be me, not that anyone would want to
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    Soooo.... why are we doing this? :confused:
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
    Options
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    joker0137 wrote: »