Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Theroy Crafting

kit_sune
kit_sune
✭✭✭
Is the pts a good place to try out builds if I don't have the gear or the money to do it right now
Everyone's Favorite Fox
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most likely not. Also Theory Crafting is per its definition suppose to be in Theory how you should do it. When you start crafting actual items then you are simply just crafting.
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know of a resource where you can input your current un-armored stats and then see what your stats would be with certain traits and glyphs? Am I asking for a unicorn here? (inb4 google it...a surface search didn't get me what I wanted, only skill estimators :))
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the pts a good place to try out builds if I don't have the gear or the money to do it right now

Yes, you can test various builds on the PTS. It is great for that. You will have to be sure and limit yourself if you use the Template as to how many skill points and champ points you assign to be in line with what you have now, or use the Character that was copied over. However character copies are not always up to date or recent.

The issues will be if you can craft the gear you want to try or not. The template comes with gear that you can use, but it may not be the gear you have or can get, and it is not crafted gear. We have asked that the templates allow us to craft any gear for the game, but don't know if that would happen or not.

One thing to consider, the PTS may not be in sync with the current game, as recently it was behind the patch curve, and this week, it will have the new content and any changes they are going to make. So, keep that in mind as you test.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely not. Also Theory Crafting is per its definition suppose to be in Theory how you should do it. When you start crafting actual items then you are simply just crafting.

The PTS is a great place to try out new Champ Point combos, skills and skill morphs and make gear that you would otherwise not want to use up resources to make. The only issue is, if your character is currently not a crafter on Live, it won't be a crafter either on the PTS.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"