Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is ESO more than a grind?

• Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything in this game is a grind once you hit vet1.

And end game, well for me, no way am i gonna grind in new trial for 3 months, because that's all there will be to do, til DB dlc in summer.

Edited by Shader_Shibes on February 8, 2016 3:33PM
  • yexac
    yexac
    Nyteshade wrote: »
    When did MMORPG's become all about the rush to end game?

It must have to do with WoW.

I don't know about this instant gratification crowd....what is the rush? There ought to be some rule, you can't play a new online MMO until you play pen and paper D&D for a month straight so folks learn what an RPG is.

Someone above wants more quest XP. My goodness I outlevel the quests the way it is.

Here's how things go.

1. Buy new MMO
    2. Power grind mobs and get max level in a week or two.
    3. Power grind content and get gear in another week or two.
    4. Come to forums and complain that the company sucks, game is garbage.
    5. Quit game but still come to forums for the next year and complain about a game you don't play.

/facepalm.

To the OP. Yes, this game is not for you. Your mindset, and the one I describe above, is not really an MMORPG mindset.
    Maybe you should try first person shooters or find a game with arena pvp, like GW2 or something.

I play multiplayer games to progress and compete. I play RPG games like Skyrim to relax and enjoy questing, exploring and looting.

MMORPGs to me are getting geared and topping parse charts. It's challenging and rewarding to me. Why would I play an MMO that tries to be like Skyrim when Skyrim does it better? Why would I wanna slow down and complete quests that feel rushed when I could just play Skyrim? No, I want to play an MMO for Multiplayer aspects and ESO is hardly an MMO in my opinion. It's a *** RPG with players spread around on cash shop mounts.
  • Slappah
    Slappah
    ✭✭✭
    yexac wrote: »

I don't know about this instant gratification crowd....what is the rush? There ought to be some rule, you can't play a new online MMO until you play pen and paper D&D for a month straight so folks learn what an RPG is.

Someone above wants more quest XP. My goodness I outlevel the quests the way it is.

Here's how things go.

1. Buy new MMO
    5. Quit game but still come to forums for the next year and complain about a game you don't play.

/facepalm.

To the OP. Yes, this game is not for you. Your mindset, and the one I describe above, is not really an MMORPG mindset.
    Maybe you should try first person shooters or find a game with arena pvp, like GW2 or something.

I play multiplayer games to progress and compete. I play RPG games like Skyrim to relax and enjoy questing, exploring and looting.

MMORPGs to me are getting geared and topping parse charts. It's challenging and rewarding to me. Why would I play an MMO that tries to be like Skyrim when Skyrim does it better? Why would I wanna slow down and complete quests that feel rushed when I could just play Skyrim? No, I want to play an MMO for Multiplayer aspects and ESO is hardly an MMO in my opinion. It's a *** RPG with players spread around on cash shop mounts.

Why are you even here then
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If anything, Vindictus, Maplestory, and maybe Runescape are the grindiest MMOs ever.
  • Kippesnikke
    Kippesnikke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello yexac!

The endgame content for Pve are the trials.
    atm there are 3 trials. Aetherius Archive (AA) Hel Ra Citadel (HRC) and Sanctum Ophidia (SO).
    the difficulties of these trials can be improved to hardmode. many find these hardmodes still a challenge.
    The rewards you get for achieving this is utter useless.
    I still raid alot because i like it to be on teamspeak with a group of 12 people and complete the trials as fast as possible.
    And ofcourse seeing your name on the leaderboards is cool :smiley:
    hope you join us pvers!
    PC-EU-EP
    Northborn DK tank
    Hodor
    Pandora's Promise
    vMoL cleared on VR16 #World1st
    Worlds #1 vMoL speed run [VR16]
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    ... What's the point to all this? To get to some epic PvE based end game that's challenging or to continue grinding for gear?

well, i think everybody can have a different approch to experience a game.
    personally, my most important reason that i play is enjoy myself, in a way that a game or the comunity let me do.
    when/or if i start to get annoyed by some aspect, then means is time to move to something else.

with eso i play the first period lot of pvp, but i do not enjoy at all for lags, keabord frezing, swap bar unresponsive and lot of frustration. after a short period of pve i left the game. too many annoying aspect of the game, from the bound item to the crafting system, i find out lot of hatefull things.
    anyway i also come back with esotu for a while, just to pve, because i like the elder scroll since the begin. unfortunately the aspect of the game that i do not like are still there. if i look back, i cant believe i could be able to level all that ugly staff like crafting trait, horse riding, bag space... on top you put that the spell crit was complitely removed from my crafted set (night mother gaze and willow) and moved to the juliano's set: off course you should buy the dlc if you want the spell crit on light armor.
    you see... there are so many aspect of the game that are badly managed, and is the reason that lot of people gone.

thought, i found out pve a nice experience, that let me come across all those bad aspect.
  • MikkeOfGreenRiver
    MikkeOfGreenRiver
    ✭✭✭
    For me the point is to play. If I didn’t like it, I’d find another game.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Here's how things go.

1. Buy new MMO

/facepalm.

Thank you for this. :}
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well as a pve... you go around, kill stuff, go a bit more in front kill more stuff, get a mission, fetch stuff, get another mission fetch and kill stuff, kill the boss, gather some flowers, kill more stuff in your way, enter dungeons, kill stuff, go on another mission, fetch and kill...yes thats about it xD.
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well as a pve... you go around, kill stuff, go a bit more in front kill more stuff, get a mission, fetch stuff, get another mission fetch and kill stuff, kill the boss, gather some flowers, kill more stuff in your way, enter dungeons, kill stuff, go on another mission, fetch and kill...yes thats about it xD.

Which is what almost all games are about.
  • Vaultamor
    Vaultamor
    So I take it there's nothing since no one gave me a reply that makes grinding to VR16 look like it'll net me more than 10 hours of content once I get there.

So far ESO doesn't feel like an MMO. I can't stand when I see other players because they're normally in a 2 man group fighting over the mobs I'm grinding. An MMO shouldn't make you rue the sight of other players.

what exactly do you classify as an mmo if you dont see eso as an mmo?
    CP580 - Breton Magicka Templar DC Healer
    CP580 - Khajiit Magicka Nightblade DC The Deeps
    27 - Dragonknight DC Growing Tank
    CP580 - Argonian Templar AD Healer

Keep Calm and Chive On
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morozov wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    There's the Maelstrom arena, and Thieves Guild will be introducing new Trials. TBH, as a PVPer I have no idea what you guys do all day xD
    Like, is there a PVE "end game"? Or is it just dungeon after dungeon?

holy hell, I wonder the EXACT SAME THING!

what do PVE'rs do? is it just a RP guild under a PVE-raid guild exterior? Do they grind dungeons all day with hopes of a divines monster helm? Do they go into tavern's and take off their clothes and type /dance for monies? Do they rerun vet DSA with the hopes of shaving 1 second off their best time?

so....many.....questions!

We claim to do all the rest but mostly we go into taverns, take off our clothes and type/dance for money, beats working for a living :shrug:
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    In your post you say you don't want to PVP, play quests, grind dungeons or craft.

I might therefore respectfully recommend to you another game, like Minecraft, Q-Bert or Super Mario Paint. Yes, the answer is sarcastic, but that was because the question was bad. There's lots and lots and lots to do in ESO, but if you don't like playing the world go find another game.

I meant if the whole game is grinding gold, crafting and running the same easy mode dungeons I'm not interested. I'm not going to find the answer I want here, I'll go to less biased forums.

See ya!
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is OP, the game has much to offer.

Why buff quest exp? It's already good enough, you can quest with a group of 4 ppl and get the max exp for the quest reward. You need to be 2 ppl max to grind efficiently. Grinding is considered more boring ect.

If you really complain about gaining levels in this game you should really watch a YouTube video or google a let's play.

I deleted a lvl 30 something ( I think it was 38 ) Templar on Friday or Saturday, took me 2 hours to get to lvl 10... and I wasn't even trying. I did not grind, I didn't do anything special.

It's about experience and knowing where to go. Sure that is not super fast, but for me the 1st 10 are always the slowest, almost as slow as the last 2 :tongue:

People who complain about grinders experience gain being unfair and just want want want.

You literally just have to get to level 50 / Veteran Rank 1 and you are max level come the patch after Thieves Guild ( DB DLC ).

Questing isn't slow leveling, but questing and gathering every urn, chest, resource node, constantly going back to town to sell ect. is slow. That would be slow if grinders did the same. You level at the pace you choose, if you choose to loot EVERYTHING. Be prepared to level slower, that's it.

Source: logic.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @yexac - Hey,

So here is how i feel about ESO,

If you want it to be a grind it will be a grind,
    However if you just enjoy the story lines and do the quests it can be fun.....

Also with Orsinium it kinda gives you access to new content that is at least 10 Hours worth of fun...

i have done it twice already with 2 alts and have another 5 to go...
    lol...

I actually enjoy the daily delve and bosses....

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)