The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Werewolf pvp exploit?

Troneon
Troneon
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Is there some kind of flavor of the month pvp werewolf exploit going on at the moment?

Watching a DC in IC in permanent WW form taking 10 players on by himself and never dying, tanking 6 meteors and a zillion damage and executes don't even seem to work on him...?
Edited by Troneon on January 31, 2016 9:45PM
PC EU AD
Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the elder scrolls online exploits unlimited.
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    All I got to say is pvp is a joke at least if pve is exploited it aint used against you stick to pve until pvp is fixed one day lol it's what I'm thinking about doing almost lol
    Edited by found1779 on January 31, 2016 9:42PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    Is there some kind of favor of the month pvp werewolf exploit going on at the moment?

Watching a DC in IC in permanent WW form taking 10 players on by himself and never dying, tanking 6 meteors and a zillion damage and executes don't even seem to work on him...?

Not exploit, just WW is current fotm, like vampires were loooong time ago.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there some kind of favor of the month pvp werewolf exploit going on at the moment?

Was he killing anyone? If not he could just be a regular tank + WW form gives a hefty phys/spell resist boost & strong self heals.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Was he killing anyone? If not he could just be a regular tank + WW form gives a hefty phys/spell resist boost & strong self heals.

Yeah he was killing people in two hits with claws...jumping to next target, killing them in 1-2 seconds...repeating over and over, while tanking a zillion ultimates and executes...
    PC EU AD
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah he was killing people in two hits with claws...jumping to next target, killing them in 1-2 seconds...repeating over and over, while tanking a zillion ultimates and executes...

1 dk would of ended him, did no one dawnbreaker him?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • mr1sho
    mr1sho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam dps werewolf case closed
    Gold Company Commander
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you try to fight a ww like you would fight him outside ww form, you'll have a hard time. If you know his weaknesses, you'll be able to kill most wws in less than 10sec if you outnumber him.
    WWs don't have purge and their main damage skill is a projectile, now use this information to win your next fight against a ww.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread not closed -

I have seen such one, too, recently. He was even a white one.

6 crossbow/ poison arrow shooters couldn´t even bring his health down to 80%.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • mr1sho
    mr1sho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with ww so many counters to it especially camouflage hunter case closed end thread
    Edited by mr1sho on January 31, 2016 10:28PM
    Gold Company Commander
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have to be something huge. Both damage resistance and damage, plus an ult malfunction.

They said that overload got bugged because they added something to the code that would cancel an action if x occurred. This prevented the game to go into overload. Im wondering if something similar is happening only in reverse? I know nothing of coding, comps etc... just a wild thought IF something is actually occuring.

I bet if you had a vid you'd get definitive answers.

I wish to know, I personally think it would be cool if it wasn't a bug and WW are actually playable again
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

People were throwing everything at him...he would drop to 1% hp and then back up to 100% and executes did nothing..
    PC EU AD
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    That Werewolf is god like.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People were throwing everything at him...he would drop to 1% hp and then back up to 100% and executes did nothing..

I've seen tha before, not with werewolf though, just a player. A vid was posted of said player, it was an exploit.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've seen tha before, not with werewolf though, just a player. A vid was posted of said player, it was an exploit.

MMmm...ok maybe they using that exploit and then going into werewolf form...
    PC EU AD
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much is "zillion ultimates"? 2 meteors? I block that with a stamblade.
    What precisely is "executes did nothing", did you even get him to stay at less thn 25% hp to try? apparently you said you didn't.

It's a Werewolf with a good stamina build and crafted purlple/gold gear. that's it.
    L2P issue, due to lack of effective counters available. Let me guess, it was the non vet campaing?
    Edited by Lenikus on January 31, 2016 11:06PM
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the werewolf was the white one he can use heavy attacks to continually stay in werewolf form..

Weaknesses-

if you have the passive "Skilled Tracker" in the Fighters Guild then use,

Silver bolts (and its Morph's)
    Expert Hunter (and its Morph's)
    and the Ultimate Dawnbreaker (and its Morph's)

Trap beast can also be used.

if not use Poison,

from the Bow Skill line use,

Poison Arrow (and its Morph's) and use the Lethal Arrow Morph of Snipe.

Good Luck and by the Eight, be prepared..

Note-

If it was a Exploit then that should be fixed.

Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Lenikus try reading all posts next time it answers everything you just said..and it was vet campaign...
    Edited by Troneon on January 31, 2016 11:35PM
    PC EU AD
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor can blocked.

Kena procs on light attacks in WW form.

If no one had fighter guild unlocked and useddawn breaker on had poison enchants or a bow with poison arrow. A werewolf could live for quite awhile.

I haven't seen or heard of any new exploit.

When a werewolf takes damage it increases his werewolf timers so if five people are beating on him his timer Disney count down.

Did he have a pocket healer or a couple of friends pumping him with vigor.

Given your description I would bet he wasn't alone.

Not to there isn't an exploit but this story is suspect.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Meteor can blocked.

Kena procs on light attacks in WW form.

If no one had fighter guild unlocked and useddawn breaker on had poison enchants or a bow with poison arrow. A werewolf could live for quite awhile.

I haven't seen or heard of any new exploit.

When a werewolf takes damage it increases his werewolf timers so if five people are beating on him his timer Disney count down.

Did he have a pocket healer or a couple of friends pumping him with vigor.

Given your description I would bet he wasn't alone.

Not to there isn't an exploit but this story is suspect.

there is a cooldown on this one that is greater than the gain but I bet if (s)he was pouncing back and forth a lot it could charge it fast enough due to the morph that charges the time especially combined with this passive. the claw swipe morph heals based on damage done and hircines bounty can heal over time.
    Edited by RAGUNAnoOne on February 1, 2016 12:15AM
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its nice to see someone able to fight off so many without dying as a werewolf should lol.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Taternater
    Taternater
    ✭✭✭
    Well with a morph, the leap skill increases the time of transformation. Also a passive can give him 3 extra seconds of transformation once every 3 seconds which would come into play if many players were constantly hitting him. Next time you see a werewolf, back off and wait for the transformation to wear off, maybe?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always buff defensive posture, surge, boundless storm, camo hunter before hitting beast mode. People don't expect Werewolves to reflect meteors, so when it happens I pounce on the scrub who cast it and rip their face off. Boundless storm adds onto my already increased resistances so I'm tanky as hell while in WW form, and I have high magicka regen and some cost reduction for those expensive heals - plus quite a few points in blessed.
    It is possible to turn your Werewolf into a tanking machine, but it does come at a small sacrifice to your normal setup.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emperor?
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made a stupid comment. Deleted
    Edited by Alucardo on February 1, 2016 1:04AM
  • LBxFinalDeath
    LBxFinalDeath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam dps Werewolves are a thing to be feared...just like magicka clouding swarm+prox det.

I can see why you'd think its an exploit since the majority of people who try to pvp as a WW are trash.

More common to see zerg bomb vamps since its kind of a generic build that is all over youtube, I guess?

I applaud good PvP werewolves.

Name of the game is to just throw everything you have at a WW and dps it down before it starts to get going in short.

You I assume let the WW hit those 10 guys each with claws of life....which is a no no.

Couple that insane health regen with the extremely heavy hitting knockdown roar and the self damage buffs werewolf can give itself? It can shock ppl how fast it kills them.
    Edited by LBxFinalDeath on February 1, 2016 1:17AM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As for the WW killing players in two shots, remember that armor needs to be repaired in IC. People sometimes forget that IC is still a pve zone and fighting the mobs will damage your armor over time. If you don't repair, then your physical and magical resistances are almost nothing. So it is very easy to be two shots away from death. I don't know what was up with this particular WW, but people often forget to repair in IC.
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This sounds like the Phoenix armour exploit again. That's makes me a sad panda, I thought they'd gotten rid of that one...
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me and an vr1 ad friend took on like 8 EP last night, but they were terrible players. I wasn't even trying to engage them but they wouldn't stop coming at me so I had to kill like 5 of them before they would lay off. Werewolf is how my build deals with that situation.

of course...then we messed with their 20 man raid in the arena for fun ^_^
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This just happened to me as well.