The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fix Riding Lessons

• babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A new character is supposed to be comparatively weak...why would anyone expect their brand new character to have maxed riding stats, or maxed anything, I really don't understand.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And with today's maintenance I have lost another day of increasing riding skills on all of my characters. Not happy Jaaaan!!.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, here is my business proposal:
    1. Let us train in ALL 3 riding disciplines each day. Keep the gold cost the same (so it becomes 750 gold per day). Thus we CAN improve it much more quickly, but only if we quest and grind like heck for the gold. That's 60 days of concentrated effort instead of 180 days of frustration and 5 minute logons.

Grind like heck for 750g??????????????????????????????????????

750 x 8 = 6K per day
    6k x 7 = 42K week

Remember how I was talking about how this affects those with less playing time? If there are days when you can't actually spend the time playing to raise those funds then it's more on the other days. I get time to actually play about 3 days a week so that would be:

42K / 3 = 14K per day

Because Math.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MikeB wrote: »
    Taternater wrote: »
    You know, I don't think players are leaving because they think horse training takes too long?

You would be wrong. It may not be the main reason but it is a contributing factor.

Firstly,how could possibly you know this is a contributing factor for people leaving the game? Have you done a poll asking who has left due to bad horse training? If anyone uses this for an excuse to leave the game,it's ridiculous. Jeez Let em leave,..if that's all it takes to ruffle their feathers that much. Goodness.
    I go through the leveling up of horse skills,but I dont whine about it.,Nor do I even think of leaving over it. Doesnt cross my mind at all,
    Having said that,it would be nice if we could find a way to level them up a bit quicker.Not complaining mind you.I buy upgrades each month for each character as I go along.So one month I'll buy two upgrade packs for any two of my chars,until I max them out. Then,I go on to the next two.
    Edited by Volkodav on February 4, 2016 12:52AM
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. The reason I only play on one char is because it is so anoying to go from a 60% speed (main) to a 15 (crafter). Also
    still take two months and any active player will be ready for Cyrodyl (where you really must
    Speed and stamina play off each other. Speed but no stam means you can run very fast for about 20 seconds. Stamina but no speed means you can run slowly for a long time. Neither achieves the goal of getting from point A to point B without a long, slow ride.

If you get the War mount CP skill you got infinite stam and (correct me if I am wrong) mounts can still run when out of stamina, they will just throw you off if you take damage. I agree with you that we should be able to get maxed out mounts but IMO that point is easilly fixed by the player
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    theher0not wrote: »
    mounts can still run when out of stamina, they will just throw you off if you take damage.

Yes, I was corrected on that earlier. I learned something new! :)

I'll go edit my original note too.
    Edited by ContraTempo on February 5, 2016 1:01AM
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Riding lessons should level with the character, 2% per lvl.by lvl 20 you can be on your way quite well

beter 1% in all 3 of the riding skills. so at vet 10 you would be maxed out. and wouldn't break immersion :)
    babylon wrote: »
    A new character is supposed to be comparatively weak...why would anyone expect their brand new character to have maxed riding stats, or maxed anything, I really don't understand.

but it has gotten to a point i already made my characters way before i am going to use them just to train their horse riding skill. i have a lvl 3 char with 60 speed and 37 bag space already so this way isn't preventing it, it makes it tedious and annoying to level up an alt.
    Edited by Artjuh90 on February 5, 2016 1:08AM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't need MMO welfare.
    Stop trying to swipe your EBT card through your horse's butt crack and just be patient.
    signing off