The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do Mages Light Vampires Bane and Entropy Stack?

KingYogi415
KingYogi415
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What are the buff stacking limits?

It seems pointless to combine some
Edited by KingYogi415 on January 30, 2016 11:43PM
  • Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭
    Inner Light (magelight) gives spell critical = Major Prophecy
    Entropy gives spell damage = Major Sorcery
    Vampires Bane gives spell damage (dawns wrath ability) and spell critical = Minor Sorcery + Major Prophecy.

So Inner light and Vampires Bane both grant Major Prophecy and don't stack.
    "Rock is too OP, please nerf"
    Sincerely, Scissors.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nm you mentioned the minor sorcery. I missed it somehow.

I still use all 3 because major and minor sorcery do stack and major prophecy.

Mage light is also for the extra mana.
    Edited by Islyn on January 31, 2016 11:29AM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inner Light gives you more mana.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lutallo wrote: »
    Inner Light (magelight) gives spell critical = Major Prophecy
    Entropy gives spell damage = Major Sorcery
    Vampires Bane gives spell damage (dawns wrath ability) and spell critical = Minor Sorcery + Major Prophecy.

So Inner light and Vampires Bane both grant Major Prophecy and don't stack.

So it's the same buff.

Thanks makes sense.
  • Mcwoods55
    Mcwoods55
    ✭✭✭
    Question. I used to run magelight on my second bar and could pop it then go back to main bar and it would still be active. I had heard there was a glitch that made it go away and mine started doing that but it hasn't been fixed for weeks. Did they change it to a switch instead so it does vanish when you switch bars?

Thanks.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mcwoods55 wrote: »
    Question. I used to run magelight on my second bar and could pop it then go back to main bar and it would still be active. I had heard there was a glitch that made it go away and mine started doing that but it hasn't been fixed for weeks. Did they change it to a switch instead so it does vanish when you switch bars?

Thanks.

Magelight will only remain active if it is slotted on the bar you have equipped. Therefore, it must be slotted on both bars if you want to retain the benefit when you switch.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the buff stacking limits?

It seems pointless to combine some

Anything that gives a named buff (e.g. Major Prophecy, Sorcery, etc.) will not stack with something that gives the same named buff. If it says "grants Major Sorcery" like in Entropy, then using something else that gives Major Sorcery, such as Crit Surge, will not stack.

If it does not specify a buff in the tooltip, it will stack. An example:
    "grants Major Evasion" and
    "while blocking increases your chance to dodge by X%"

These two items would stack, because they are different buffs. The second one doesn't specify.

Hist Bark used to be like this, and would stack with Major Evasion, but now it's been modified so that blocking grants Major Evasion, and no longer stacks.
    Edited by Autolycus on February 1, 2016 5:25PM
  • Mcwoods55
    Mcwoods55
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »

Thanks.

Magelight will only remain active if it is slotted on the bar you have equipped. Therefore, it must be slotted on both bars if you want to retain the benefit when you switch.

when did this happen? I was using it that way for a while. or has it always been that way but glitched for me and got fixed?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when did this happen? I was using it that way for a while. or has it always been that way but glitched for me and got fixed?

Magelight has always been a 'toggle' ability that is required on both bars to remain active during a weapon swap. As far as I know, it has always been like this, same as Sorc pet skills, Bound Armor, etc.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Mcwoods55
    Mcwoods55
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Magelight has always been a 'toggle' ability that is required on both bars to remain active during a weapon swap. As far as I know, it has always been like this, same as Sorc pet skills, Bound Armor, etc.

OK. well thank you. Guess I had a glitch for a while because I used to be able to have it on one bar only and it would stay on when I switched over. Darn it lol.