Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Race Choice Importance

jkloza
jkloza
✭✭
Hey all,

Just wondering if I made a mistake when I created my characters oh so long ago... I currently have a VR3 Imperial NB, VR3 Imperial Templar, and a VR2 Breton Sorc. I'm thinking about finishing off my NB, or Templar, and making them magicka based heals / DPS.

Did I gimp myself potentially based on not choosing one of the magicka based races/passives? How much will I be losing out on DPS/Healing wise on my Templar/NB in the end?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use sub optimal races and have no problems. But it's definitely an individual choice. In game race changes are coming. Confirmed on eso live a few weeks ago.
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you are in a competitive PvE guild hunting for world firsts and beating everyone's time at trials, i think the race will not prevent you from enjoying the game. It does make a difference, but your performance will be 2 parts race, 98 parts the player behind the keyboard anyway.

My magicka DK is an orc btw *cough* :)
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    big difference for me, DK dunmer magicka, redguard stamplar, bosmer NB, imperial anything
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial is one of those races that lets you switch between magicka and stamina without too much penalty.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • JasminaChillibeaner
    The Breton sorcerer will be good fun to heal with after the changes to sorc heals in Thieves Guild!
    Despite the fact that race/class combinations can make a significant difference in certain roles you can get anything to work at least moderately well.
    PC/EU/EP
    Leader of Constellation
    PvE Templar Healer and Achievement Hunter
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never thought about which race is the best or which isnt.I just go with whatever I like.Never regretted it yet.
    Having said that,there was one I would have changed his rave,and that eas my first character that I made. I hated the way he looked,so had to keep him hidden under a helmet.He id the one who got me all my dyes too.I eventually deleted him as I didnt play him anymore.