Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Help Needed with Templar Healer Build (PS4)

dillonjason10b14_ESO
dillonjason10b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
The biggest issue I have been having is my mana pool becomes drained very quickly. Bad magicka recovery? I need some help figuring out what to slot. I have been having difficulty deciding what to use.

My main heal i tend to use is lingering ritual due to it's potency/cost. But the problem that arises with this is I have been noticing recently that (bad) players will very often roam off and try to kill 3+ guys on there own which dramatically puts a strain on my mana pool.

For my ranged AoE heal to try to mitigate this situation I have slotted illustrious healing and honor the dead. I feel like I dont need both of these slotted but I am unsure which one is better for my problem.

On top of this I have been using practiced Incantation (Ultimate) to help me when my mana pool becomes strained. Though I have heard that there are many good abilities in the Support tree for healers but I am not sure which ones are best.

Dark Elf lvl 14- (currently slotted abilities) illustrious healing, mutagen, steadfast ward, lingering ritual, honor the dead, practiced incantation.
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    First thing you might want to do is take out Lingering Ritual and replace it with something else, anything else. As a Templar healer you have better options than lingering ritual. I suggest Blessings of Protection (and it's morph Combat Prayer). Same magica cost, no cast time. Repentance (morph of Restoring Aura) is also a good choice if you can get it early. It uses corpses (any corpse will do even party members ;) ) rather than magica and has the added benefit of restoring stamina to you and your party members, also no cast time.

Honor the dead seems like a good morph for the magica refund but Breath of Life hits multiple targets saving you from casting it multiple times so it's more efficient.

Take Healing Springs over Illustrious Healing. Illustrious Healing's 1 second duration increase doesn't make much of a difference over all but the magica restoration from Healing Springs does.

Resource management is always going to be something of an issue in the lower levels because most of your gear is likely throw together from quest rewards and what you can find. Plus you have a limited number of skill points to spend.

Things you can do to help with that would be to try and keep a Resto staff with you. Heavy attacks with the resto staff restore a bit of magica so throw a few heavy attacks out whenever your not casting. It also helps to use foods that boost your magica (and health whenever you can) and don't be afraid to use your potions.

To that end, consider taking up Alchemy and Provisioning. They're the two easiest crafts to level and makeing your own potions and food will save you no small amount of money (plus the passives that increase duration time are nice).

As for people running off on there own, there isn't much you can do about that. Sometimes people don't realize that mobs in group dungeons are harder than open world, delves and public dungeon mobs. Sometimes people panic, kite mobs and end up running way out of range of your heals. Sometimes people just don't care.

The only thing you really can do is ask them not to run off and explain that it's making it much more difficult to heal effectively when they do that. If they keep doing it after that then they're on their own, don't strain yourself trying to keep them alive. Hopefully they'll figure it out after that. If they don't or they get belligerent, well that's when you have to decide if it's worth staying with the group or not.
    Edited by Fruitmass on January 30, 2016 8:19PM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • dillonjason10b14_ESO
    dillonjason10b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    thanks for the advice. i'll give this a try. :smile:
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    You will likely have resource management issues at lower levels. Skills like channeled focus and siphon spirit will help you later. If breath of life is costing you too much use healing springs.
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gear makes a HUGE difference when it comes to healing and resource management. With the craft-able light Seducer 5-piece set bonus and a few reduce cost of spell glyphs on your jewelry you will find that your mana is much more manageable.

Happy adventuring and good luck!
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also before I forget :) dropped magica potions and eating food or drink that increases your max magica or magica regent also helps a lot and are relatively easy to come by :)
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!