The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thoughts on being allowed multiple characters on different factions on the same campaign

• TheVindelator
    TheVindelator
    ✭✭✭
    Good
    In the non-vet campaign, I really support this change...because there's only one non-vet campaign and that really limits what I can do with low-level characters.

But across the board, I'm not so sure.

• Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its ok now because nobody gives a damn about campaign score.
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    Bad
    Not a real fan of this but as I see it there was not much choice for players with the 3 faction levelled.

I would have like to see if you entered a campaign with another faction character, it should lock out the other two faction characters for at least 24 hours.

eg:- I main a DC character so if I enter its home campaign with either a AD or EP character my DC one should be ( and what ever faction character left ) locked out for a given amount of time.

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good
    Good when used appropriately by mature players.

Like most things in game.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good
    I've been playing on Azura's a lot lately since I don't like the lag or zerg tactics of the other servers. When AD has dominated the map i've played DC, and when DC has dominated the map I've played AD. Last night I logged on and DC was gate-camping AD -- literally they had a group just outside the gates waiting for AD to push to bloodmayne and later inside the gates. Had a lot of fun killing them as they tried to farm the other AD.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a real fan of this but as I see it there was not much choice for players with the 3 faction levelled.

I would have like to see if you entered a campaign with another faction character, it should lock out the other two faction characters for at least 24 hours.

eg:- I main a DC character so if I enter its home campaign with either a AD or EP character my DC one should be ( and what ever faction character left ) locked out for a given amount of time.

This is actually a really good idea because it would let people remain trustworthy at least within the context of the battle, and that is a good thing.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Reb
    Reb
    ✭✭✭
    Bad
    truly terrible idea in my opinion ...even the old way of grouping and porting into campaigns you were not part of should have been blocked, this just makes it so much worse.

AvAvA ...doesnt really apply anymore , its just becoming more and more AP farming.

Being a part of any alliance has become pretty much meaningless for a lot of people, sad state of affairs really :(
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good
    They most likely wanted to remove the coding because it was causing more strain on the sever, and thought it was best to change things to be open. I don't think they will ever change it back, if they want to continue adding content they had to remove the unnecessary coding.In order to fix a lot of the lag problems or at best make lag not as bad as it was.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good
    I only say Good because of the lack of campaigns, if we had more than my answer would be different.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    Everyone should only be allowed to be on one alliance
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr1sho wrote: »
    It's bad because 98% of the time people are just using them to cheat

That's like saying 98% of all wheels are squeaky.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • RabNebula
    RabNebula
    ✭✭✭
    Bad
    Erondil wrote: »
    You should at least be able to take a campaign as guest when you have another char from another faction that has it as main. That way you can play with the char you want on any campaign (and play with the friends you want, from any faction) but you cant be on leaderboards of 2 faction nor can you always get the reward campaign's end of the winning faction (if anyone still care) so you better make your main faction win.

The problems come when people start doing things like picking up the scroll and purposefully run to the wrong alliances keep. Particularly when they get a person on the other alliance to stand at a door so they can get ambush strike carried through the door leaving the scroll support group behind.

It also makes spying far too easy to do. Its a war so I can understand the spying side within reason even if I dont fully support it. However I think the rules on spying just arent solid enough and switching characters at will is not how spy games should work. If a game supports spying then it still needs to implement some restriction on what spying can be done.
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    Depends on the person EP in scourge on PS4 us are running scrolls back to eps side after taking them on low level DC characters after they kill their buddies that they are letting in the keep.as of right now it's only players from a certain EP guild.
  • Göttermutter
    Göttermutter
    ✭✭
    Bad
    Bad:

In the "old school" of PvP you found also "spys" on each realm, that in this cases all of them played nearly fair. Also they had no chance to play unfair, because the hole community will trough over them and kill them and they get killed by the hole existing guilds and alliances.
    Here in ESO, you have no existing alliances on europe and no existing guilds, who can stop it, so this guys, do what they want.
    You call it PvP! I call it a sandbox-pvp, playing and sandling in the dirt, more is ESO not.
    The old school: "lesser dosent go, to call it a PvP-game, so you play a very, very small scaled PvP-Game here, that is critical on the path to say ,it is PvP at all.
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good
    I've been playing PvP for 2 years and have made friends with many "enemies" over that time. It is nice to play with them from time to time... As well as duel people I have played alongside for this long; there can be alot of fun in that, too.

Mentalities that need to cheat or troll for kicks will find a way to do that anyway and restricting people like myself from the choice is not an antidote.
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bad
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I've been playing on Azura's a lot lately since I don't like the lag or zerg tactics of the other servers. When AD has dominated the map i've played DC, and when DC has dominated the map I've played AD. Last night I logged on and DC was gate-camping AD -- literally they had a group just outside the gates waiting for AD to push to bloodmayne and later inside the gates. Had a lot of fun killing them as they tried to farm the other AD.

Your Missing out of Logging in on a EP toon to gain X2 exp (ad/dc)
  • Maxima333
    Maxima333
    Soul Shriven
    Bad
    Bad, guilds with both factions manipulate the scoring and Emperorship but logging in one faction, dethroning the current Emperor, be sure their guildie is first in the Leaderboard (no idea how they can make 4X the AP of number 3 and 4) probably "dueling". Stay with one faction and fight for it. The fact that you are an emperor who didn't put a lot of effort make you a bad Emperor. If you want to play an alt, use another campaign, you shouldn't be able to read the Zone chat where everybody is discussion where to attack next. so Bad Bad Bad.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good

Well unless they want to give us our *** campaigns back so all three of my factions can have a 30 day Champion campaign to Home on, then yeah! Let all three of my factions play the same damn campaign!
    Reb wrote: »
    truly terrible idea in my opinion ...even the old way of grouping and porting into campaigns you were not part of should have been blocked, this just makes it so much worse.

AvAvA ...doesnt really apply anymore , its just becoming more and more AP farming.

Being a part of any alliance has become pretty much meaningless for a lot of people, sad state of affairs really :(

Being part of an alliance has been meaningless since the game came out and they allowed Multifaction guilds. Why even try to pretend there's faction loyalty at this point? You're just delusional if you think there is any! Only DAoC did it right. You couldn't guild, chat or campaign on the same server with other realm players.
    Edited by SteveCampsOut on May 10, 2016 1:22AM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Göttermutter
    Göttermutter
    ✭✭
    Bad
    In DAoC you needed more than a shiny guild to bring back a scroll at all! This means planing, a night or morning raid. I guess for all existing Guilds here it would be a farce to think more around than looking out around the big round table and find them self keeped in a "tabula rasa", a labyrinth they can not find a way out with a leader, who takes them by the hands.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good
    they tried it the other way before, and they were getting problems with people's new characters getting locked out of cyrodiil entirely, and with character slots coming to the crown store, if they reverted, this would become an even greater issue
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    It's a horrible idea. The only reason it's allowed is because ZOS killed off so many campaigns. The sad fact is that perception often trumps reality. If you play the same campaign on multiple factions you're almost automatically considered a spy. It creates guild drama, faction drama and campaign drama.

Also, ZOS please fix the Shuffle and Bombard bugs, they're beyond ridiculous.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    Def voted bad for this ... I agree completely with everything some of the others have been saying. Being allowed to switch as we are creates instability in the health of a campaign.... With the ability to swap factions some/alot of people jump to the faction that is winning the campaign ...
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    At first it was cool but now it's bad
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.