The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thoughts on being allowed multiple characters on different factions on the same campaign

K4RMA
K4RMA
✭✭✭✭
Edited by K4RMA on January 28, 2016 2:30AM
nerf mdk

Thoughts on being allowed multiple characters on different factions on the same campaign 210 votes

Good
40%
Glorybloodenragedb14_ESOGedericTheVindelatorSteveCampsOutmyrrrorb14_ESOEtanielIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOthemdogesbiteEdenprimeZyleLeovolaomertustaShunravifalcasternub18_ESORebeccas04nub18_ESOElongcamelliaDenniMyuuTruckdriver 84 votes
Bad
60%
fastolfv_ESOGilvothkevlarto_ESOMojmirArobaingw2only1b14_ESOHakokeOlernMaseriMJWesslingb14_ESORDMyers65b14_ESOtreborrealb14_ESOMadyAlmarielIruil_ESOBumbleBeeCamaroRune_RelicRebkwisatzLava_Croft 126 votes
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends. It is good for duelling or testing skills, but bad if you activly partivipate in the alliance war with both chars.
  • mr1sho
    mr1sho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    It's bad because 98% of the time people are just using them to cheat
    Gold Company Commander
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    I think it is bad, since most people will use it in ways that would effect others in a negative way, such as:
    Spying on other factions' zone chat, going on vengence hunts on people from their faction they don't like, farming AP on the winning faction's side instead of helping their faction push keeps etc.
    More than all, it will pretty much destroy the whole concept of "loyalty to faction" that most people currently have in alliance war.
    People will not feel the need to do all they can for their faction in a certain campaign as they do now, because they can so easily just switch toon and be on the winning side of it.
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    The whole idea of 3 factions war in ESO is very badly designed. Not only you can have characters in different factions but what is worse i think you can be in guild with different factions. Its great from PvE point but in PvP it enables extremely easy exploiting by passing information and distracting activities of the faction (by stealing scrolls for example).
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bad
    I think its is very bad, I guess I have to learn to cheat and start stealing other alliances scrolls.

Edited by vamp_emily on January 28, 2016 1:49PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    If you can only have one per campaign length of 30 days or so.....not really an issue.
    If you can swap sides at the drop of a hat...people will be gaming the system left right and center.

I have no faith in ZOS to implement it in a way that people wouldn't exploit the arse out of it.
    Sorry ZOS. Historical reality.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on January 28, 2016 1:54PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    It diminishes the three faction warfare, no faction pride, no campaign pride, some people just switch to be on the winning team, plus I don't want to be fighting along side some one who just tried to kill me ten minutes ago, I do not like traitors.
    The argument about playing with friends is bogus, if they are your friends play on the same campaign and faction, if you want to fight your friend use your guest campaign. I remember a story here in the forums about a emporer that was upset that some of their own faction went to their other faction alts to help dethrone them. It is bad.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on January 28, 2016 2:23PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    Unless you lock out the Alt's for the remaining duration of the campaign, it's either used to spy, cheat, or just generally guarantee you're on the winning side regardless of the given circumstance.

EDIT: Funny that none of the 'Good' votes have explained why...
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on January 28, 2016 2:32PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    Would just ruining campaigns unless they do as the above post^^^^^ lock them into that campaign for the duration
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good
    mr1sho wrote: »
    It's bad because 98% of the time people are just using them to cheat

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Many players barely care about PvP, they just want to manage their characters conveniently.

From a PvE grinder's point of view, it makes a lot of sense to have your characters from different factions on the same server. That way, even if one faction is dominating the map, you always have at least one toon that can get to IC easily.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good
    Unless you lock out the Alt's for the remaining duration of the campaign, it's either used to spy, cheat, or just generally guarantee you're on the winning side regardless of the given circumstance.

EDIT: Funny that none of the 'Good' votes have explained why...

See my post above for an explanation. Why should IC sewer grinders be held hostage by the whims and vagaries of Cyrodiil combat? Imagine how bad it would suck if your EP toon was stuck on an AD dominated campaign while your AD toon was stuck on an EP dominated campaign... and there was no way to switch them up quickly!

Contrary to what many PvPers believe, not everybody cares what's going on in Cyrodiil, they just want to play the content they paid for without horse-riding 30 minutes through Gankerville.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good
    It's a non issue. Open up the gates and loose all restrictions. It will make it easier to group with friends and guilds and for those who like to dual.

There's work around for the locks anyway. Group queue or even more simply make a second account. In the end people will grief if they want to anyway. So just report them and move on.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be good or bad. Out of respect for the people that work hard for Yellows campaign on AS on PS4 NA, I keep my AD toons homed there. My other EP / DC toons, if I wanted to, I would home them in other campaigns. Again out of respect for the reds/blues I fight on AS. While I personally find it rude if someone has different allied characters on one campaign, I don't put my beliefs on them there is usually a reason they are doing it. I just do what I believe is the morally correct route.
  • Theodard
    Theodard
    ✭✭✭
    Good
    Meh there's many ways to get into a campaign now even if you have different factions in there. Played against against a friend last night in Had. He on his DC and I on my AD, late last week we played in Had on our AD toons that are both homed there. It's not like it cannot happen already, and it really doesn't take any real effort.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good
    One can play on opposing factions with the same account in the same campaign anyway. Always could. The current system is nothing but an inconvenience, good it's being removed.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good
    Its good, plenty of times i want to play a class thats on another faction and with this i wont need to deal with the hassle of getting in.
    :]
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good
    You should at least be able to take a campaign as guest when you have another char from another faction that has it as main. That way you can play with the char you want on any campaign (and play with the friends you want, from any faction) but you cant be on leaderboards of 2 faction nor can you always get the reward campaign's end of the winning faction (if anyone still care) so you better make your main faction win.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Chelos
    Chelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    They should have separated the fractions from the PvE gameplay.
    Run around Tamriel and have "fun" at level 10 you get the mail to enroll.
    There the character has to decide which fraction to join. Each character may well be in a different fraction but no two chars that are in different fractions may be in the same campaing.
    Like changing campaigns you may only change fractions after the end of a term.

And it would be a cool thing that someone who changes fractions has a debuff for a while as noone trusts turncoats :wink:
    • Ich bin nicht merkwürdig ich bin eine limitierte Auflage!
    • I'm not weird I'm limited edition!
  • TheRubiksCube
    TheRubiksCube
    ✭✭✭
    Good
    If I still had my AD character, I would basically be limited in where I can go to get some actions since I have a lot of EP characters. And it would make dueling someone from the same faction easier.

I can understand that spying can happen, but that could still happen anyway since someone could group queue the spy in.
    Blood for the Pact! Retired Arctic Empire Officer
    Xbox NA XBL gamertag: RUBLKS CUBE (feel free to message me to duel or to play with me)
    EP: Lv 50 High Elf Dragonknight, Lv 50 Breton Templar (Former Emperor of Versidue-Shae), Lv 50 Dark Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Sorcerer, Lv 50 Wood Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Templar, Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer
    DC: Lv 50 Breton Sorcerer
    AD: Lv 50 Breton Templar
    Current CP: About 790
    Campaigns: Vivec or any other campaign I feel like.
    Time schedule: No specific time/ pacific standard time.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    They should not have changed it this PvP system is the child of Guildwars 2 PvP ( regardless of what you think or ZoS say the 3 alliances in a "triangular map" is the same thing, the one just did it before the other... long before, hence it is the child thereof).

GW2 did not change anything and the World vs World thing is good because each side is it's own team. With the removal of the barrier between alliances there will be no loyalty / co-operation or team play.

Players will just jump on alts in opposing factions when one faction is losing instead of fighting hard to gain the upper hand they will just jump to the winning team.

Very badly planned idea about to be implemented.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad
    The little resemblance of AvAvA ESO had left is firmly killed off by this latest change to appease the Skyrim players.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on February 11, 2016 8:29PM
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good
    They are just going to get in anyways so why not. besides some people like me may have friends in more than one faction or be in a dueling guild so it will be easier to coordinate.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    Bad
    There's already enough campaign spying going on as it is since players can log into guest account to see where the opposing factions Zerg is. Once text chat is on consoles it will be REAL BAD because all you have do is read the chat to see where everyone is going and relay to home faction group leader.

Countless times I've seen the opposing factions #1 leaderboard player on my faction scouting and then all of a sudden we get cut off and they switch back to home faction character and take emperorship...

All this will do is cause one faction to take the map and then everyone will switch to another faction and take the map for the AP. There is no balance this way or faction loyalty.

Simple fix: faction lock for duration of campaign and make IC fast travel-able
    Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
  • LindsC
    LindsC
    ✭✭✭
    Good
    It saves me the annoyance of having to switch to on just to set my campaign when I want to switch it. Cheating is already happening so I don't see the big deal. If people want to spy that bad they will always find a way
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good
    In a perfect world I would say it's bad, but the game already allows you to create toons on multiple factions, allows you to chat with enemy faction players, to create cross faction guilds, to do cross faction dungeons, and change campaigns, so the whole faction pride etc never was really relevant. You don't need to be loyal to a faction for more than a campaign cycle, big time loyalty if you ask me.

We already join all campaigns by asking for taxies in all our guild chats, this change makes it less of a pain to actually go and find PvP. The majority of people in favor of this just want access to PvP, not access to spying and cheating
    Edited by Etaniel on March 2, 2016 2:16PM
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good
    I'd rather have the ability to change faction whenever you want to (weekly cooldown/high AP cost or loss of all AP on that char) as in ffxi but can't have everything.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bad
    Will just add to the players flooding the side thats not getting steam rolled and in all will kill most Vet Campaigns now since there will be 2 No cp campaigns Non vet and Vet those fair weathered turd stirrers wont bother on those so they will be full and playable.

Good luck in thoseother ones
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good
    So i dont have to try and find a bloody que whenever i want to play my EP or DC :blush:
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good
    They should just prevent you from entering a campaign if you entered it less than an hour ago on an alt of an opposing faction however.

The current system is nonsensical, since you can just group with someone to enter a campaign, but can't go there on your own...
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's really something ZOS has no choice in. For most PvP players there will be only two viable campaigns - Trueflame and Haderas. Old vets like myself have multiple toons in multiple campaigns and factions. Therefore it will be necessary to double up in one or the other campaign.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)