The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help: Magicka DK PvP Build Questions

LiquidSchwartz
LiquidSchwartz
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, all.

tl;dr what weapons, armor, sets, jewelry, and skills should I be using to put out the maximum dmg available without losing a lot of sustain.

I played one on PC when the game first came out, but that build isn't viable anymore in the current game. I'm currently a V16 Vampire Dunmer DK. I played a stamina dps build (hunding/nightmother, S+B/2H) until a couple days ago. I really am not enjoying it, and it feels less and less fun to play every day so I decided to switch to a magicka build. At the moment, I hit like wet noodle.. I know magicka DK's aren't as strong as they used to be, but I really want to work at it and try to make it work well because it is way more fun to play than spamming puncture and wrecking blow.

What armor should I be running? I'm currently using 5 light (head, belt, shoulders, boots, gloves) and 2 heavy (legs and chest). with 5 pieces of Julianos and the rest with resto/desto Kagrenac. Should I be running a different pair of weapons and sets (include monster sets if needed)?

My jewelry is a set of willpower(arcane).

I'm working on leveling all my magicka abilities for DK right now so I know those will help when I get that all set up, but I need to know what abilities I should be using with them.
Skills I have so far:
-Flame Lash
-Burning Embers
-Burning talons
-Reflective Scales
-Shooting Star
-Dawnbreaker of Smiting
-Dragon Leap
-Corrosive Armor
-Draw Essence
-Entropy
-Mist form
-Bat Swarm
-Igneous shield
-Inner light
-Coagulating Blood
-Flames of Oblivion

All my DK skill lines and weapons are at lv 50 so I can get any skill.
May the Schwartz be with you.
EP/XB1/NA

• RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many people will you be playing with in your group? What builds are they running? How many players do you expect to be facing with that group (or solo, if you want to solo)? The more people you're running with and the more templars there are healing you will determine in part how much you can invest in damage instead of survivability.
    Edited by RoamingRiverElk on January 27, 2016 7:21PM
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many people will you be playing with in your group? What builds are they running? How many players do you expect to be facing with that group (or solo, if you want to solo)? The more people you're running with and the more templars there are healing you will determine in part how much you can invest in damage instead of survivability.

Right now I'm trying to improve solo play but if I'm with my friends we have a stamina Templar dps, magicka Templar dps, a Stamina sorc, and a healer and I run a supporting role with leap/talons/caltrops
    EP/XB1/NA

• KozawahGaming
    KozawahGaming
    ✭✭✭
    I was talking to some people on Xbox and also Youtube comments and they suggested 5 Heavy 2 Light until I get undaunted. The Mag DK, I'm making is currently researching blacksmithing traits; he's only level 4. But I do have the build already thought out.

Dragonknight build Magicka:
    Sword and shield:
    1. Invasion
    2. Entropy or Fiery Breath
    3. Whip
    4. Choking Talons
    5. Scales
    6. Ult: Soul Assault
    Resto Staff:
    1. Violate Armor
    2. Igneous Shield
    3. Deep Breathe
    4. Free slot
    5. Healing Ward
    6. Ult: Meteor or Dawnbreaker

Suggestions from Magicka Dragonknights across multiple platforms suggested Heavy Armor for it, with Magicka Regen Enchants. CP put into Magicka Recovery, Magic/Fire Damage, and Hardy. Although with the amount of stamina builds and Hardy. I'm currently only at 39/39/39 for CP, but for someone with more then me, should make suggestions.
    Vet 5 NB- Gaelwen Forestmire (Vamp(cured)/Stam)
    Vet 1 Templar- Kozawah Incarnic (None/Magicka/Healer)
    Level 4 DK- Trecldur (Magicka)
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, all.

tl;dr what weapons, armor, sets, jewelry, and skills should I be using to put out the maximum dmg available without losing a lot of sustain.

I played one on PC when the game first came out, but that build isn't viable anymore in the current game. I'm currently a V16 Vampire Dunmer DK. I played a stamina dps build (hunding/nightmother, S+B/2H) until a couple days ago. I really am not enjoying it, and it feels less and less fun to play every day so I decided to switch to a magicka build. At the moment, I hit like wet noodle.. I know magicka DK's aren't as strong as they used to be, but I really want to work at it and try to make it work well because it is way more fun to play than spamming puncture and wrecking blow.

What armor should I be running? I'm currently using 5 light (head, belt, shoulders, boots, gloves) and 2 heavy (legs and chest). with 5 pieces of Julianos and the rest with resto/desto Kagrenac. Should I be running a different pair of weapons and sets (include monster sets if needed)?

I'm working on leveling all my magicka abilities for DK right now so I know those will help when I get that all set up, but I need to know what abilities I should be using with them.
    Skills I have so far:
    -Flame Lash
    -Burning Embers
    -Burning talons
    -Reflective Scales
    -Shooting Star
    -Dawnbreaker of Smiting
    -Dragon Leap
    -Corrosive Armor
    -Draw Essence
    -Entropy
    -Mist form
    -Bat Swarm
    -Igneous shield
    -Inner light
    -Coagulating Blood
    -Flames of Oblivion

One of the best (and only) magicka DKs left in ESO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsJ0mr9QHSg&index=63&list=WL
    Edited by imredneckson on January 27, 2016 8:04PM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, all.

Skills I have so far:
    -Flame Lash
    -Burning Embers
    -Burning talons
    -Reflective Scales
    -Shooting Star
    -Dawnbreaker of Smiting
    -Dragon Leap
    -Corrosive Armor
    -Draw Essence
    -Entropy
    -Mist form
    -Bat Swarm
    -Igneous shield
    -Inner light
    -Coagulating Blood
    -Flames of Oblivion

One of the best (and only) magicka DKs left in ESO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsJ0mr9QHSg&index=63&list=WL

Lol I sent him a message earlier because he makes some funny but really good stuff
    EP/XB1/NA

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if I should make my own thread or not. I am also curious about magicka DKs for PvP but I don't want to introduce different issues into the thread that may derail the advice being sought by the OP. Hmm, well, I will put some stuff in spoilers and if requested will just move it to a new thread.
    OK, so, I started the game in beta with a DK and remade the same character for the release, but I was new to MMOs and I only had dropped gear from trash mobs and quest rewards for the first few months. I eventually was able to get some cheap dropped gear sets and some cheap PvP gear, but I was never good with a magicka DK in PvP. That character was benched by about 9-10 months post-launch while I tried other things. I tried doing a stam DK build last summer but I hated it and was highly ineffective, so back to the bench the DK went. Brought the DK back in mid-December or so as a magicka build based on sustain: CP into healing done and received, 5 light/2 heavy with all points into magicka, using choking talons/flame lash/deep breath etc on one bar and igneous shield/reflective plate/blessing of restoration etc on the other bar, with regen glyphs and the Atronauch for the Mundus Stone. Only had enough mats for VR15 gear, with the damage bar at 5 Julianos/4 Magnus with dual swords and the heal/defense bar at 5 Julianos/3 Magnus with resto staff. Was able to buy 3 pieces of Willpower with the Healthy trait.

It does OK in small to medium PvP groups and solo PvE stuff. I recently swapped to Molten Whip and changed the Mundus stone and replaced a jewelry glyph with spell damage to do some group PvE content, but for the PvP build I am wondering what would be good for 1v1 or 1 v noobs?

My character is a VR16 Argonian and is still, for the moment, limited to purple VR15 gear.

Now, I know it isn't *all* gear, and I do switch between up to 5 different VR16 characters that include all four classes. But I just seemed to not do well if I am being focused (no matter what the class, but DK seems worse). So 1 v1 and even 1 v "where's the weapon attack button?" can be really hard for me. I just seem to take damage like my character is naked and deal damage like I am using a rubber sword. I often think afterward of what I probably should have done, but I find it hard to focus or think of the best thing to do under pressure.

I spend 40-50% of my playing time in Cyrodiil and have died thousands of times, so just "getting in and getting used to it" isn't really an option. I try to LoS when I can to avoid damage and gain health back but even with Shuffle, Purge, and/or Immoveable pots I seem to be slowed or rooted constantly if I am the only target for my opponent(s). I am trying to make my DK the main for a few months, getting at least 50-60% of the playtime, and I want to try to get the most out of that effort.

I am not a noob to PvP but you wouldn't know it if I am playing solo. I will never be as good as this guy...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmnsr4aM_-A

...but any advice on how to get better and what gear/ability selections might help out someone with my slow learning curve would be greatly appreciated.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    He's not the only one left!

I would not run julianos (I've tried it). I would run kags. The 74 spell dmg you lose is not worth as much as the regen you gain from the kags as well as the max magicka and health. I personally would not run heavy either. Unfortunately the out sustain game play style especially for a dk is not really viable at the moment. Resource management is less and less an issue due to the cp system and DoTs are virtually useless. Heavy is in a lackluster place at the moment. You will lose a ton of sustain and a ton of penetration. As a dk you already hit like a wet noodle and if you go heavy you need to spec more into regen hence minimizing your dmg even further.

I personally run 7 light and keep my regen around 1500-1600 (don't remember the exact number off hand). Due to the cost reduction in the light armor tree this is very much sufficient for my needs. 5 kags, 4/3 Magnus, 3 willpower (2 arcane 1 healthy. 2 spell dmg glyphs one regen). I run the apprentice stone.

I'm sitting around 35k magicka 22k health (non entropy bar) 14k stamina with max food
    1500-1600 magicka regen
    3000 spell dmg

I don't remember resistances off hand

Front dps bar is s/b (this along with some skills is where your mitigation comes from)
    Fossilize
    Draw essence
    Flame lash
    Dragon fire scale
    Choking talons
    Devouring swarm

Rests staff (this is your healing and utility bar)
    Structured entropy
    Proxy det
    Blessing of restoration
    Healing ward
    Volatile armor
    Ice comet

Champion points go into blessed, elemental expert from the Mage tree. Quick recovery, heavy into block expertise, and sprinkled around hardy, resistant, and elemental defender from the warrior tree. Heavy into arcanist, some in magician, and a moderate amount into tumbling.

Build is viable 1v1, 1vX (depends on your AND your opponents skill), and small, moderate group pvp. Of course with any magicka dk build currently your mileage may vary and is very much based on YOUR skill level as a player knowing and understanding your class as well as everyone else's and tactics. Specifically positioning in small scale.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My advice, play a templar if you wanna play that playstyle. I really gave magdk a chance, but it is SO underpowered compared to all the other classes it is flat out ridiculous.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question that applies to magicka DKs (and Sorcs, I guess) regarding elemental damage and spell power.

I had assumed that increasing spell damage from the Champion Tree with Thaumaturge only affected abilities that specifically mention inflicting "magic damage" in the tooltip. So, if all you had for damage abilities were things like Ardent Flame or Storm Calling skills that mention doing elemental, then stacking CP into Elemental Expert is the way to go. If you want to add in an ultimate or ability that uses magic damage, you would want to split between stacking CP in Elemental Expert and Thaumaturge.

But doesn't your character's stat page spell damage number make a huge difference for both types of damage, too? The number that sits next to your spell critical number. I had always assumed so, that it was based on what you used to cast an ability rather than the damage type done. So, using gear with spell power/damage bonuses and abilities like Structured Entropy would make all magicka-based abilities that do damage hit harder even though some do elemental damage, correct? Or have I got it wrong all this time? Should I not waste a pot or slot on the major sorcery buff?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much your whip, for instance, hits, is based on how many CPs you have in Elemental Expert, how much Max Magicka and how much Spell Dmg you have.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much your whip, for instance, hits, is based on how many CPs you have in Elemental Expert, how much Max Magicka and how much Spell Dmg you have.

Exactly, character sheet spell damage number based on gear and slots/pots (but not Thaumaturge from Champion System), class-abilities that increase fire damage, Elemental Expert from Champion System, and Max Magicka. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

• RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some thoughts:

If you get healed now and then by a templar, you may not need to invest a lot in healing initiated and healing received. However, if you are NOT getting healed by a templar, you could consider sets like twiceborn star (for healing mundus + magicka regen mundus), healer set (even though it's v14), perhaps even twilight's embrace. Thing is, if you stack these sets and CPs, you CAN use Dragon Blood on the same bar as your 1H+shield (combined with Igneous Shield), making you tankier against burst by a few enemies until your group mates can put pressure on them.

For solo play, I think that as magicka DK even the highest skilled and experienced ones, depend HIGHLY on luck for the type of enemies they will face, whether they can survive/kill them if they are outnumbered.

I would say it's recommended to be using sword and shield on one bar with some way of reducing the cost of blocking, either through CPs, blocking cost reduction glyph(s) and/or by slotting defensive stance. Heavy armor is an option for a TANK in my opinion, but then I wouldn't expect to do damage. Heavy armor just makes magicka resource management a total pain.

For the other bar, I would use either another sword and shield (for 1 more set item, better blocking, being able to equip shield charge - but that drains so much stamina on a magicka build that it's highly dependent on the situation whether I'd slot it), or a resto staff for healing with blessing of restoration and healing ward. With healing ward, you could really help a groupmate in danger in some situations.

The thing that confuses me about your build and your aims is that you said you want to run a support build in a group, yet you've been using five light, two heavy, and damage based sets. However, using caltrops with a magicka, damage build, is something I would consider extremely dangerous due to the way it will use a ton of your stamina. IF you don't get CCd and IF you don't need to block, run and dodge roll, then there is enough stamina for you to use caltrops, but really... I would leave using caltrops to the stamina builds in your group. I find stamina management and how much you can block to be a huge issue with magicka DK, because one pretty much needs to block melee attacks.

Mistform is a great skill, as are invisibats for DKs. The downside is Camo Hunter and Dawnbreaker, which can really be lethal against you if you're focused by a couple of enemies.

If you want to deal some damage as a magicka DK, you can't really CC people as much as you could on a tankier build, but you can still use: reflective scales (I would NEVER not have this on my bars, no matter what kind of a dk build in pvp), draw breath (for the increased damage and aoe interrupt around you), talons (people say the damage morph isn't good but I don't know... it will still do damage against NPCs, which you still have to fight at times even in pvp), fossilize. Then you have to think whether you will invest in healing through sets and passives enough to make the use of Coagulating Blood an option. If not, you will need a resto, probably with both healing ward and blessing of restoration. But if you use only the resto staff for healing, you will be in trouble if you try to heal yourself with those by being heavily focused, because blocking with a resto staff just isn't good for anything other than emergencies, and even then... well... it just isn't efficient.

I would always have at least 25k max health on a magicka DK, 27k even better, but that does eat away from max magicka. If you have the gold, using hakeijos for the enchantments on the armor is the best option for a magicka DK. It just costs so much, it's not really viable for experimenting...

For traits on the armor, I would use Impenetrable, or possibly Infused for the big pieces with Hakeijos.
    Edited by RoamingRiverElk on January 28, 2016 1:04PM
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    My advice, play a templar if you wanna play that playstyle. I really gave magdk a chance, but it is SO underpowered compared to all the other classes it is flat out ridiculous.

but... I wanna play a DK and don't feel like grinding a Templar to 16 right now anyways. After speaking with some of the good dk mains and practicing in pvp for the past 8 hours I'm walking on Templars and sorcs with only v14 blue gear.
    If anything I'll make a Stam Orc sorc and spin to win in a negate bubble.
    EP/XB1/NA

• MadNeedHelp
    MadNeedHelp
    ✭✭
    Hi, I am currently working on my new VR16 Mag DK. Here is what I got equipped at the moment. Keep in mind Today will be the 1st time I throw her into PVP. Vamp Dark elf. 325 CPs.

Armor:

2L Head and Shoulders Magnus Mag enchants legendary (from my sorc)
    5H Kagrenacs Magicka enchantments all purple.
    2x Sword and board Torug Pacts.
    3 pc willpower arcane with spell damage (from my sorc).

LokoMatic gave some pointers in another thread and videos. Took some skills from Skaffa's videos too. Really helpful. Good luck!!
    XBOX ONE
    VR16 HIGH ELF SORC
    EBONHEART PACT
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Good luck man, glad I could help. It certainly is a tough class to get used to but I find it much more rewarding than my Stam DK. That build will probably work out better, the 2 piece Kena is fun for burst but I think I might change things up a little bit.

Let me know how it goes!
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, all.

Skills I have so far:
    -Flame Lash
    -Burning Embers
    -Burning talons
    -Reflective Scales
    -Shooting Star
    -Dawnbreaker of Smiting
    -Dragon Leap
    -Corrosive Armor
    -Draw Essence
    -Entropy
    -Mist form
    -Bat Swarm
    -Igneous shield
    -Inner light
    -Coagulating Blood
    -Flames of Oblivion

WOAH at the 9:22 comment about the Resistant passive... does this passive really reduce healing taken from crit heals? Has anyone confirmed this?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • MadNeedHelp
    MadNeedHelp
    ✭✭
    @LokoMatic Will do! I really appreciate the help even if we are enemies in Cyrodiil which I think I have seen you in PC or Xbox NA on my EP Sorc. As for the Kena..bah I doubt it, the RNG Lords laugh at me everytime I waste a gold key and get greens or blues.
    XBOX ONE
    VR16 HIGH ELF SORC
    EBONHEART PACT
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some thoughts:

If you get healed now and then by a templar, you may not need to invest a lot in healing initiated and healing received. However, if you are NOT getting healed by a templar, you could consider sets like twiceborn star (for healing mundus + magicka regen mundus), healer set (even though it's v14), perhaps even twilight's embrace. Thing is, if you stack these sets and CPs, you CAN use Dragon Blood on the same bar as your 1H+shield (combined with Igneous Shield), making you tankier against burst by a few enemies until your group mates can put pressure on them.

For solo play, I think that as magicka DK even the highest skilled and experienced ones, depend HIGHLY on luck for the type of enemies they will face, whether they can survive/kill them if they are outnumbered.

I would say it's recommended to be using sword and shield on one bar with some way of reducing the cost of blocking, either through CPs, blocking cost reduction glyph(s) and/or by slotting defensive stance. Heavy armor is an option for a TANK in my opinion, but then I wouldn't expect to do damage. Heavy armor just makes magicka resource management a total pain.

For the other bar, I would use either another sword and shield (for 1 more set item, better blocking, being able to equip shield charge - but that drains so much stamina on a magicka build that it's highly dependent on the situation whether I'd slot it), or a resto staff for healing with blessing of restoration and healing ward. With healing ward, you could really help a groupmate in danger in some situations.

The thing that confuses me about your build and your aims is that you said you want to run a support build in a group, yet you've been using five light, two heavy, and damage based sets. However, using caltrops with a magicka, damage build, is something I would consider extremely dangerous due to the way it will use a ton of your stamina. IF you don't get CCd and IF you don't need to block, run and dodge roll, then there is enough stamina for you to use caltrops, but really... I would leave using caltrops to the stamina builds in your group. I find stamina management and how much you can block to be a huge issue with magicka DK, because one pretty much needs to block melee attacks.

Mistform is a great skill, as are invisibats for DKs. The downside is Camo Hunter and Dawnbreaker, which can really be lethal against you if you're focused by a couple of enemies.

If you want to deal some damage as a magicka DK, you can't really CC people as much as you could on a tankier build, but you can still use: reflective scales (I would NEVER not have this on my bars, no matter what kind of a dk build in pvp), draw breath (for the increased damage and aoe interrupt around you), talons (people say the damage morph isn't good but I don't know... it will still do damage against NPCs, which you still have to fight at times even in pvp), fossilize. Then you have to think whether you will invest in healing through sets and passives enough to make the use of Coagulating Blood an option. If not, you will need a resto, probably with both healing ward and blessing of restoration. But if you use only the resto staff for healing, you will be in trouble if you try to heal yourself with those by being heavily focused, because blocking with a resto staff just isn't good for anything other than emergencies, and even then... well... it just isn't efficient.

I would always have at least 25k max health on a magicka DK, 27k even better, but that does eat away from max magicka. If you have the gold, using hakeijos for the enchantments on the armor is the best option for a magicka DK. It just costs so much, it's not really viable for experimenting...

For traits on the armor, I would use Impenetrable, or possibly Infused for the big pieces with Hakeijos.

I only used talons and leap the rest was other members in my group and I'm not used to doing dmg so that's why I was doing supportive stuff like spamming ward and fossilize.
    I'm running the light because I don't know what else to use but thank you for all the info
    EP/XB1/NA

• LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    @LokoMatic Will do! I really appreciate the help even if we are enemies in Cyrodiil which I think I have seen you in PC or Xbox NA on my EP Sorc. As for the Kena..bah I doubt it, the RNG Lords laugh at me everytime I waste a gold key and get greens or blues.

haha no worries man, I seem to have made myself a good bit of enemies here in Scourge lol. Also, don't give up hope! The RnG gods have chosen to pity me, I got the Kena helm off my 2nd run. You never know!
    Edited by LokoMatic on January 28, 2016 9:10PM
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭
    I'm called by my friends as "Last of a Dying Breed" because I still play magicka DK in 5 light with 392 CP x.x

Right now fully buffed my tooltip whip is about 8k, which isn't much but it's something.
    The main advice I can give is to NOT use Kena unless you are not using a 5 piece and a 4 piece bonus. Kena is good but I find it better to stack regen on armor and just put spell damage glyphs on your jewelry. You can also choose everything you want about your craftable piece that you use over Kena. I also run divines on all my armor to boost my regen, but if I could remake it I would use Impen because it is back in the limelight. Sword and Board helps survivability and invasion is nice, but once DKs chains becomes an effective gap closer next update DW is the way to go.
    But the sad part is no matter what you do, magicka DK is still going to be at a disadvantage damage-wise. If we're tanky we do no damage, if we do all damage we survive about as long as an ant on a countertop with no effective shields or escape. I'll keep experimenting, and I'm happy to share anything I've found with anyone that wants to know.
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm called by my friends as "Last of a Dying Breed" because I still play magicka DK in 5 light with 392 CP x.x

Right now fully buffed my tooltip whip is about 8k, which isn't much but it's something.
    The main advice I can give is to NOT use Kena unless you are not using a 5 piece and a 4 piece bonus. Kena is good but I find it better to stack regen on armor and just put spell damage glyphs on your jewelry. You can also choose everything you want about your craftable piece that you use over Kena. I also run divines on all my armor to boost my regen, but if I could remake it I would use Impen because it is back in the limelight. Sword and Board helps survivability and invasion is nice, but once DKs chains becomes an effective gap closer next update DW is the way to go.
    But the sad part is no matter what you do, magicka DK is still going to be at a disadvantage damage-wise. If we're tanky we do no damage, if we do all damage we survive about as long as an ant on a countertop with no effective shields or escape. I'll keep experimenting, and I'm happy to share anything I've found with anyone that wants to know.

I don't think chains will ever be better that invasion
    EP/XB1/NA

• DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭

Depending on the implemented changes it could be. As long as it gives an idiotic snare like Ambush/Crit Rush or something we'll be fine.
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on the implemented changes it could be. As long as it gives an idiotic snare like Ambush/Crit Rush or something we'll be fine.

If only
    EP/XB1/NA