The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dragon Leap Bug

Thugnifcent
Thugnifcent
Soul Shriven
Can someone please explain to me how the hell biting jabs cancelled my dragon leap when it has no cast time? TWICE. On top of everything when i need the ultimate the most it doesnt work and i stay stuck on the ground with my wings out. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
  • Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that any time you are stunned or rooted, leap does not work. Which makes sense, but the glitchy wings that appear afterward gotta go.
    Edited by Angus on January 26, 2016 6:22PM
    Angus of Noquar franchise.
    And some others.
  • Thugnifcent
    Thugnifcent
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah that i know, but what about when you are about to perform the leap and a templar spams biting jabs? I dont think its supposed to stop ferocious leap which has NO cast time..
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has no cast time but it has a travel time. Obviously?
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Angus wrote: »
    I believe that any time you are stunned or rooted, leap does not work. Which makes sense, but the glitchy wings that appear afterward gotta go.
    I agree that this behaviour is tolerable, but not the fact that you lose all ultimate without effect. No other ultimate behaves that way.
  • Thugnifcent
    Thugnifcent
    Soul Shriven
    Ashamray wrote: »
    It has no cast time but it has a travel time. Obviously?

Okay travel time but that travel time is not a cast time. Therefore. Biting jabs should not completely stop it as if you were casting it. Thats like saying you could interrupt ambush with biting jabs every single time. And if that IS ACTUALLY the case?then it needs to get nerfed. Biting jabs already do enough damage but to also interrupt everything?overpowered.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u say "Bitting Jabs are OP" just go to play Templar pvp. Go. To play. Templar.
    Alarm, Wrecking Blow also can make you a baseball - all stuns can, not only a stun from Jabs. Maybe roots too.
    Edited by Ashamray on January 26, 2016 10:40PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah, nerf templar
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think that's bad try playing a templar with no worthwhile ulti
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    I agree that this behaviour is tolerable, but not the fact that you lose all ultimate without effect. No other ultimate behaves that way.

I agree, it's pretty frustrating to lose a good fight over it.

I've also noticed that when it doesn't go off right, sometimes I get around 50% of my ultimate back way faster than I should - e.g I'll wonder why the leap didn't happen, look down, and have 50-60% ult with absolutely no way that could have generated in the couple seconds since the glitch-leap.

One of these times I get it on video and see what happened.

It's an edge case though, I'd rather see the gamebreaking stuff fixed first.
    Angus of Noquar franchise.
    And some others.
  • MrGigglypants
    MrGigglypants
    ✭✭✭

Meteor can be reflect, dawnbreaker can have similiar effects, soul assault can be bashed and man others can just be walked out of lol. Cc before you leap problem solved.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meteor can be reflect, dawnbreaker can have similiar effects, soul assault can be bashed and man others can just be walked out of lol. Cc before you leap problem solved.

Reflect is fine, one can back-reflect. It's a counter that is being performed by opponent.

Dawnbreaker goes off every time except if you're silenced and then doesn't lose your ultimate. Targetting it is a L2P issue.

Soul assault being bashed is a similar issue - instant abilities should not be bashable. We agree on this one.

Walking out of the area of effect is something completely different. What remains is still denial of area if you do not want to be subjected to its effects.
    Edited by Leandor on January 27, 2016 5:36PM
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

No one has ever dodge rolled a Soul Harvest?

If you had cc immunity and jabs cancelled the Leap, then sure, that would be crap.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bats and dawnbreaker work this way.

Pop an imoveable pot if you dont like this happening.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leap can be interrupted during flight time.

It's funniest to do it with the Destro fire staff KB. Funny as hell to see a DK mid flight knocked back.

But any interrupt, KB can prevent a leap.

And as the guy above says, immovable skill/pot or having immunity up will keep it from happening.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with OP, it is cheese mechanic and should not exist.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

all ultis with an animation time act like that - perfect example is dawnbreaker with its endless animation
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"