The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Group Etiquette

Imnobodywhoareu
STOP. Why group if you're going to put people down? Group nice or don't play. It completely ruins the game for some of us. Maybe there should be two options: an "a%^hole group" option and a "nice group" option for people who want to cooperate and support team members. If your making a game where players HAVE to group then make it tolerable somehow for those that aren't rude please. I've been a loyal Elder Scrolls fan since the 90's and for the most part I love this game, I've been willing to overlook some of the difficulties with the Xbox one platform but right now I'm disappointed. Maybe there should be an anger management area that people get banished to for being rude, better to take it out on the NPC's than other players.
Edited by Imnobodywhoareu on January 24, 2016 11:53PM
  • xRumPunchx
    xRumPunchx
    Soul Shriven
    Well said
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there was one time I ran a pledge with a guild, we PUG'd a dps to fill in. he gets in our guilds TS and starts running his mouth of how great he is and how leet his gear is, then he starts to belittle the other dps who had a different name is TS. when he found out the guy was in TS he STFU and started sucking up for an add to guild. we get all the way to valkyn skoria and booted him and ran it three man,other dps got the helm. id say karma RNG paid off that day.
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    STOP. Why group if you're going to put people down? Group nice or don't play. It completely ruins the game for some of us. Maybe there should be two options: an "a%^hole group" option and a "nice group" option for people who want to cooperate and support team members. If your making a game where players HAVE to group then make it tolerable somehow for those that aren't rude please. I've been a loyal Elder Scrolls fan since the 90's and for the most part I love this game, I've been willing to overlook some of the difficulties with the Xbox one platform but right now I'm disappointed. Maybe there should be an anger management area that people get banished to for being rude, better to take it out on the NPC's than other players.

Grouping up for difficult content like vWGT or vICP can be frustrating sometimes. No reason to be rude about it though. I must say I've had a couple of times where I just left because I didn't see myself finishin these things with a certain team. Don't know if that's rude. I do usually apologize. I leave sometimes when I notice DPS is to low for example and I see people failing miserably in the first 10 minutes, I just don't want to spend 2 hours or more in these dungeons when you know it can be 30/60 minutes easily. Also the possibity of not finishing it at all.

Any other dungeon I don't care so much, I like helping people out, but WGT and ICP are just to difficult and long to risk it tbh.

As for verbally being rude that's never right.

• RuneX
    RuneX
    Agreed my friend. Our Guild is as open as possible when it comes to all players and we have very little patience when it comes to jerks, morons or rude people. No reason to make fun of other players, put them down or constantly yell orders.

Well said, sir.
  • Imnobodywhoareu
    I'm new at grouping for this game but I think I'm pretty good as a lvl 18 templar healer/bow damage (I have tons of other characters lvl 8-15 because multiple characters are part of the fun for me!) I've grouped in other games many times, I admit that was years ago but still I thought I was comfortable with the dynamic. Here in ESO I feel like I'm still making sure my solo skills translate well in a group. I try to be helpful, stay out of the way as a healer, and be polite. I'm shy so I don't talk that much on mic. And man those dungeons take a long time. I've left sometimes too. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I resolve to leave a group right away instead of suffer through jerky group members and waste time.
    Oh and it's miss actually, but you can call me sir if you want to. ; ) That could be another reason why the mic isn't always fun. Kinda wish I had a vocoder.
    Thanks for the replies!