The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

When is Akaviri Motif coming out on Crown Store?

• NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it were to be released it would have to be extremply expensive. EXTREMELY expensive.
    We talking 15k+ crowns. Why? because it has to make the ingame option worth it. I would say glass (and maybe abit dwenmer?) is the only motif where the crownstore has a huge advantage. Xivkyn was not the case if you ask me, People kept getting more and more of those and more of those who needed them knew them allready. They were bound to drop in price. The crownstore might have released it abit too quickly but the end results woudnt have changed.
    The Akaviri motifs might have been out for some time. I dont think they quite common enough yet for the motif to be released but its getting there. I hope you all would rage on its expensiveness. That just shows the ingame option is still worth it then.
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it needs to be in it. The AP required is ludicrous, even dedicated PvPers will have to dedicate months to reaching it, which is unrealistic for most seeing how we also have to buy siege and the like. and no it being in the CS would not kill the game's economy. market flooding would, and as of now I have seen NO akaviri motifs for sale, so this will have no effect on the economy at all save for crafters for hire, but that will not be detrimental.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tholian1
    Ok so let's explain this real quick.

If there's 1 method to obtaining an item prices will stabilize because players want profit but the moment another option is available which gives the entire motif that value is quickly diminished because it's no longer "Exclusive". When an item suddenly has more than 1 way of obtaining it that value is doomed to fall.

It doesn't matter if the item cannot be sold the fact that it was released to the crown store diminished the value because players decided to sell now as if it were the stock crises which plummeted the value as quickly as possible.
    In other words it was a chain reaction caused by Xivkyn being in the crown store.

You for some reason feel that everything should be in the crown store and nothing attainable through effort and to that I can't correct your view point but man oh man this is why the economy in the game is at it's dire state now. Nothing to really sell that brings in profit for those who solely focus on PvE and PvP and not skills.

Unfortunately Akaviri style will be in the crown store whether players like it or not but I'll quote Firor here and say "No ETA on that"

What you describe is a well fed, reasonable, regulated, free market economy.

ESO economy is missing two and three which is why it doesn't function as a free market economy.

In a free market all those with AP and a place to sell would rush to sell the most popular of the motif's. Yet, I see on PS4 at kiosks everywhere 1 or 2 of the most popular items at a similar very unreasonable price point usually well above the AP to gold conversion table seen on the forums.

So you have demand. And you have a artificially regulated supply line.

Prices are kept artificially high. Specific popular items are regulated by guild traders undercutting pricing results in loss of ability to sell.

Yeah, there is nothing reasonable about this economy.

I would rather give ZOS my money then deal with BS I see in the so called "free" market.
    Edited by acw37162 on February 2, 2016 4:54AM
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    A few ESO Lives back ZOS said that anything introduced in one DLC (such as Ancient Orc or Akaviri) will likely be available in the Crown Store the following DLC. This would mean we'd get Akaviri/Ancient Orc in the Crown Store around Thieves' Guild time.

Of course ZOS may decide to never release it, we just don't know.

I hope so. After I diligently ground and bought the Glass and Xivkyn motifs ingame, only to have them drop in the shop the next month, I was sorely disappointed and vowed the next motifs would not bend me over like that. I sub, so my 1500 crowns each month sit in my 'bank' awaiting such items...ZoS, hurry up and take care of the subscribers that have been taking care of YOU since beta.
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they're adding mercenary to the Crown Store, then they should add Akaviri to the Crown Store. PvP'ers can whine and moan all they want, some of us have actually wanted Akaviri since BETA and have had to stare at the Fighter Guild NPC's wearing it since then and wonder when in Oblivion we'll be getting it... only to have it revealed that you have to grind PvP - something we might not even enjoy - for months before getting the full motif. Meanwhile PvE'ers were finally given something cool all for them in the form of the mercenary motif - guaranteed to be for them by way of bound laurels... and then it's getting slapped onto the Crown Store for all the PvP whiners along with universal motif stones, and the laurels are being unbound. Even though the full merc motif and laurels were a thousand times easier to snag than a single Akaviri page.

So I say if you're going to screw over PvE'ers and take away what little reward and pride they could have for dealing with all of ZOS's insta-death boss fights and systematic destruction of tanks as a role (thanks again, PvP'ers, for those awesome stamina regen changes!) then the PvP'ers can cry some more and we should be able to at least pay for what should have - and technically was - already in the game in beta. I've been ogling Akaviri armor pieces since beta, and I sure have a lot of crowns saved up from my sub. So the sooner the better, I say.
    Edited by DerAlleinTiger on February 16, 2016 8:08PM
  • Jakhajay
    Jakhajay
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they're adding mercenary to the Crown Store, then they should add Akaviri to the Crown Store. PvP'ers can whine and moan all they want, some of us have actually wanted Akaviri since BETA and have had to stare at the Fighter Guild NPC's wearing it since then and wonder when in Oblivion we'll be getting it... only to have it revealed that you have to grind PvP - something we might not even enjoy - for months before getting the full motif. Meanwhile PvE'ers were finally given something cool all for them in the form of the mercenary motif - guaranteed to be for them by way of bound laurels... and then it's getting slapped onto the Crown Store for all the PvP whiners along with universal motif stones, and the laurels are being unbound. Even though the full merc motif and laurels were a thousand times easier to snag than a single Akaviri page.

So I say if you're going to screw over PvE'ers and take away what little reward and pride they could have for dealing with all of ZOS's insta-death boss fights and systematic destruction of tanks as a role (thanks again, PvP'ers, for those awesome stamina regen changes!) then the PvP'ers can cry some more and we should be able to at least pay for what should have - and technically was - already in the game in beta. I've been ogling Akaviri armor pieces since beta, and I sure have a lot of crowns saved up from my sub. So the sooner the better, I say.

Damn straight!
    Sh'ira - One Eyed Tihm - Do'Mazar - Dar'Sol - Hazzahn - J'darr Sun-Arrow - Bishabi -J'manna - Narim Tollana - Abijah-Ra - Idhassi-Ko - Kajhe the Salty - Ti'lani - Sabhan-Dar - Palamai
    JakhajayAlt: Azala-Do - Saahni the Ohmes - S'aolla of the Darks - Zashima-La Ako'Zhajiit - Lo'Mai-Dro - Taheh-Do - Hrrula - Hatamira - Da'lai

Shield Anvil - Trake's Talons
    Knight Praefect - Knights of the Steel Claw

All Khajiit, All the time!
    For Elsweyr and her people!