The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

When is Akaviri Motif coming out on Crown Store?

Cadelay
Cadelay
✭✭✭
I think it's been long enough.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never. It gives the PVP guys a chance to cash in their AP in return for some gold. When they're ready to destroy the economy in this game any more then they'll add it into the crown store.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope never

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want the motif in the crown store since I've pretty much bought the whole thing already, but I wouldn't mind the style material being for sale...
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope soon, its cosmetic and therefore does not hurt the so called "economy"
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope they don't because it would indeed hurt the economy a prime example would be Xivkyn motifs that would go fo 10k+ but now for for 1k+ thanks to the release of it in the crown store.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they don't because it would indeed hurt the economy a prime example would be Xivkyn motifs that would go fo 10k+ but now for for 1k+ thanks to the release of it in the crown store.

Rubbish!

It would be the over supply and number of sellers in the race to the bottom to make a quick sale that drives the price of motifs downward. Cash buyers in the crown store aren't the ones affecting your precious economy. They use the crown store because they most likely will never have enough gold to obtain the items in game until the bottom has been reached in the market. I have had many purple motifs time out because no price is too low for the other sellers.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completely understand people are against it... but I really really like it and I'll never ever gonna get it with my AP.

How much do akaviri pages cost in guild stores?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you really expect to get an answer here? ZOS isn't going to respond to this, and the community doesn't know beyond rumors.

I would never buy a motif from the crown store at current price levels, not even Akaviri, which is the only one I don't have. After 4-6 hours/night of PVP for a month, I have enough AP to buy a few chapters. It's way overpriced, especially since AP can't be banked and shared among characters. But I still wouldn't buy it from the crown store. Lots of other motifs look great and are much more accessible.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    hope soon, its cosmetic and therefore does not hurt the so called "economy"

The fact that "It's cosmetic" is irrelevant to its impact on the economy. Anything that has ingame value being made available on the crown store affects the economy in some way.

And yes there is an ingame economy, and stuff like crownstore motifs does affect it. Just because you may not want anything to do with it or bother to understand it, doesn't mean it does not exist.

That said, I am not too bothered if they add Akaviri motif to crownstore, I accept that Zenimax needs to make $$$ and it's better that they do it on cosmetic stuff like this than things like potions, provisioning etc, which I oppose on a matter of principle (slippery slope to P2W).

I have actually been pleasantly surprised by how Zenimax always gives things like motifs time to proliferate in the ingame economy first before making it available on crown store. I hope it stays this way going forwards.
    Edited by Heindrich on January 22, 2016 7:12PM
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few ESO Lives back ZOS said that anything introduced in one DLC (such as Ancient Orc or Akaviri) will likely be available in the Crown Store the following DLC. This would mean we'd get Akaviri/Ancient Orc in the Crown Store around Thieves' Guild time.

Of course ZOS may decide to never release it, we just don't know.
    Edited by Paulington on January 22, 2016 7:45PM
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    I completely understand people are against it... but I really really like it and I'll never ever gonna get it with my AP.

How much do akaviri pages cost in guild stores?

I just calculated with the lowest prices I could find across all popular guild stores:

1.23 million for 11/14 pieces.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will be available in the Crown Store shortly before I get enough AP to buy the last of the chapters I want.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Did you really expect to get an answer here? ZOS isn't going to respond to this, and the community doesn't know beyond rumors.

I would never buy a motif from the crown store at current price levels, not even Akaviri, which is the only one I don't have. After 4-6 hours/night of PVP for a month, I have enough AP to buy a few chapters. It's way overpriced, especially since AP can't be banked and shared among characters. But I still wouldn't buy it from the crown store. Lots of other motifs look great and are much more accessible.

I don't expect a response, but I want them to know that there is desire for it. They do pay attention to what people are posting.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took one year for the "akaviri motiv" to get from "purchasable gear" to "purchasable Motiv for crafting gear". I expect they may wait another before they give it into the crown store. On the other hand, who knows... I guess it would depend on how their other high price motivs sell. If its a moneymaker, they will add to it, if its slow going, it will be low priority...
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tholian1 You just re-explained what I said.
    That's exactly what caused them to crash lol mate.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tholian1 You just re-explained what I said.
    That's exactly what caused them to crash lol mate.

Umm no, @MaxwellCrystal

The CS had nothing to do with the oversupply of motifs in the in-game marketplace. Mercenary isn't in the CS and it is dirt cheap as well.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tholian1
    It does Xivkyn armor was exclusively found in IC which made the price of it stick 10k+ (Depending on the armor pieces) while mercenary armor is found around 60%+ from doing the undaunted thus making its price drop easily. You can't make a comparision with something that is easily attainable verses something that isn't as easy e.g. Akaviri and Xivkyn; when you said "Mercenary" your entire input had become invalid.
    Edited by MaxwellC on January 24, 2016 4:34PM
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MaxwellCrystal

Xivkyn price dropped because of many players farming IC and flooding the market with the motif pages. You cannot sell motifs that are purchased in the crown store. I suspect that most players that purchased the motif in the CS did so because they didn't have the time to farm the pages or would never have enough gold to buy them in-game from guild traders.

Perhaps you could explain why you believe that the crown store made the price of Xivkyn plummet.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tholian1
    Ok so let's explain this real quick.

If there's 1 method to obtaining an item prices will stabilize because players want profit but the moment another option is available which gives the entire motif that value is quickly diminished because it's no longer "Exclusive". When an item suddenly has more than 1 way of obtaining it that value is doomed to fall.

It doesn't matter if the item cannot be sold the fact that it was released to the crown store diminished the value because players decided to sell now as if it were the stock crises which plummeted the value as quickly as possible.
    In other words it was a chain reaction caused by Xivkyn being in the crown store.

You for some reason feel that everything should be in the crown store and nothing attainable through effort and to that I can't correct your view point but man oh man this is why the economy in the game is at it's dire state now. Nothing to really sell that brings in profit for those who solely focus on PvE and PvP and not skills.

Unfortunately Akaviri style will be in the crown store whether players like it or not but I'll quote Firor here and say "No ETA on that"
    Edited by MaxwellC on January 24, 2016 5:48PM
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also I wanna add here people still under cut motif prices all the time but not to the extremirty where it would be a 10k+ difference so with akaviri coming out sometime in the near ETA future you will see that 10k+ under cut as the same thing happened to Xivkyn.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MaxwellCrystal

And let me explain something real quick.

If I am a player with limited time and perpetually poor in-game, I will never be your customer for the motif to begin with. I would be a player not participating in the economy and no matter what, I will never automagically have enough gold to pay high prices for something. So According to you, if I don't go without due to lack of gold, I am making the price of the motif plummet. That's nuts.

I have sold enough motifs to know that the real problem is oversupply in the game due to players that farm all day for the motifs and then undercut one another for a quick sale. This issue has zero to do with what is for sale in the CS.

PS4 Pro NA
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tholian1
    Preceisly, that's why players who put time and effort to obtain these motifs suddenly have their value swiped under-neath their feet; you just wasted a large group of players times to cater to a minority who didn't want to buy it or put effort into getting it. With that said this is how you kill the economy of ESO right there.

The "Real problem" you speak of isn't over supply because if that's the case then why haven't all other rubetite/ancestral/rubedo go below 100 ea? Imma stop responding to this because you are obviously are lost cause who can't see the bigger picture other than "Oh I don't have enough time therefore it should be in crown store because I don't have time for it."

You make broad accusations to saying that every player who's farming is simply going for motifs when most of them aren't even farming it as tel var stones don't grant you Xivkyn pages but the trophies do which is a RNG factor not something that can be attainable 100% of the time like tel var.

This is also how you kill interest in the game because there isn't anything to look forward to obtaining if it suddenly becomes available via purchase thus bringing prices down due to panic sells.
    Edited by MaxwellC on January 24, 2016 6:44PM
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MaxwellCrystal

I never said every player farming in IC was going specifically for the motif pages. I got quite a few pages and I wasn't trying to obtain them. I wanted the agility set. Which btw, I waited until the oversupply and undercutting in the guild stores made the rings affordable for me. Oh that's right! The price of the agility rings and necklace I bought were dirt cheap compared to when the set was first introduced. Why? Because of increased supply in-game and sellers wanting to make a quick sale and undercut the others. Too bad you can't blame the crown store for that price drop too.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • xXNesTXx
    xXNesTXx
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome....some people prefer pay real money instead to play a part of game.....

Maybe it's time to turn my AP into real money before ZOS releases Akaviri style in Crown Store (Obviously they will do it, in some moment)
    Edited by xXNesTXx on January 25, 2016 4:44PM
    EU PS4 Ebonheart Pact

NB Stam VR16 Breton
    NB Stam VR16 Khajiit
    NB Mag VR16 Breton
    Templar Mag VR16 Nord
    Sorc Mag VR8 High Elf
    DK Stam VR10 Red Guard
  • Kegluneq
    Kegluneq
    ✭✭
    @MaxwellCrystal & @Tholian1 You both are right, though Tholian1 has the upper hand here. When something is added to the crown store makes sellers want to put their prices down so players go for their farmed items instead of the ones in CS, however, not everything is in available in CS and prices dropped nonetheles, unless you have Dwemer frames or Daedra Hearts on the console CS Max? That's because more and more players farmed or came across them and decided to post them at a lower price so theirs are sold before another's.
    To wrap it, something being available in CS is not the only way ingame currency prices are affected, it simply makes it more noticeable, hence, easier to point at.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If or when this crown store motif comes into play, I'm sure it will be a best seller...
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    It would be the over supply and number of sellers in the race to the bottom to make a quick sale that drives the price of motifs downward. Cash buyers in the crown store aren't the ones affecting your precious economy. They use the crown store because they most likely will never have enough gold to obtain the items in game until the bottom has been reached in the market. I have had many purple motifs time out because no price is too low for the other sellers.

This. You can get the Imperial motif in the CS and its rarity has maintained it's high price. What made the prices drop for Dwemer, Xivkyn, Mercenary, etc, was the unbelievable market flooding. I really hope to see Akaviri in the CS; I will never have enough AP but I would certainly spend in the real world for it.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »

This. You can get the Imperial motif in the CS and its rarity has maintained it's high price. What made the prices drop for Dwemer, Xivkyn, Mercenary, etc, was the unbelievable market flooding. I really hope to see Akaviri in the CS; I will never have enough AP but I would certainly spend in the real world for it.

^
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭

ive never seen xivkyn motif going for "1k+", more like 40-50k lol
  • MeHodor
    MeHodor
    Soul Shriven
    Hi Guys, I think Glass Armor is an even better example. It took me ages to get my Vr16 Sorc encased in hand crafted glass armor and about two weeks later you could buy the motif and the glass in the Crown Store ! The motifs are now worth less than 25% of their original value in some cases less than the 10K needed to create one from fragments.

I think that as long as there are people who will pay 5K crowns for a motif set then Zenimax will need to offer them for sale - they are running a business after all. They just need to leave a prudent time gap so that us poor crafters still feel incentivised to do out daily crafting !! The universal crafting system should be interesting in 2Q.