Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon help..

Laranoye
Laranoye
✭✭✭
I'm having real issues even in the banished cells, I am now level 30.. and a Templar healer... I can heal through trash easy and bosses... however the one shot bosses mechanics are ridiculous how am i supposed to do my job if most things can one shot you? I'm constantly dying and am unable to find any way to prevent it... *I use duel wield for more spellpower, BoL, Cleansing ritual, Repentance, purifying light, solar prison. Other bar has structured entropy etc. Havent got all abilities yet so my bars are still not refined for healing.. * oh and full seducers and 3 torugs pact and 2 warlock... 4 light/2 heavy 1 medium

This new dungeon grouping is very unfair to lower levels, most vets join and leave if they see a lower level... and we arnt as experienced as others and these new buffed bosses are ridiculous...
If its hard now how bloody hard are vet dungeons??
I have healed and tanked at end game in almost every other MMO but this one takes the cake...

I get it that I probably need to L2P..... But im not expecting to have my ass handed to me in the original lowest dungeon.... I'd expect that from vet ones... after all arnt normal dungeons for learning your class??
Edited by Laranoye on January 9, 2016 9:02PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it might sounds *** I would advice you to either join a guild or get friends around the same level to do the dungeon with or wait with any dungeon until you are at least vr1. The scale up system is really horrible and as you say most v16s know that and will not play with non vr players
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are different dungeon styles. If you're doing undaunted (banished cells) those level to your group leader, amd only 1-4 people in your group will be inside (no other players around). Undaunted dungeons are HARD. they're designed for four. Either get some friends to play w you, or join a guild. My guild does dungeon runs.

Alternatively, if you just want the skill point and quest complete, go to an undaunted dungeon and wait for a low level player. Group up, make them leader, then run the dungeon now that it's set at a lower level. It's a bit of an exploit, but some players aren't into undaunted at all but want the dungeon completes.
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, So it actually scales to the highest level in the group? :/ that sucks lol

Oh and im on console so it makes it even harder haha *finding a group wise*....

Thanks people :)
    Edited by Laranoye on January 9, 2016 11:41PM
  • tyrianpimp
    Laranoye wrote: »
    Ah, So it actually scales to the highest level in the group? :/ that sucks lol

Oh and im on console so it makes it even harder haha *finding a group wise*....

Thanks people :)

i think davely1107 meant it scales to party lead not highest lvl in group.
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭
    well an update, i just reran the banished cells.. I used some tri food from a crown pack and it was unbelievably easy... lol to the point i was dps'in a lot too.

Now i just need to get up provisioning then i guess and stock up on health food lol..

Finally 1st dungeon done.... now just the rest :/ lol
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    well an update, i just reran the banished cells.. I used some tri food from a crown pack and it was unbelievably easy... lol to the point i was dps'in a lot too.

Now i just need to get up provisioning then i guess and stock up on health food lol.

Alchemy is also worth leveling. Crafted potions are not only superior to the ones you loot, but there are many more options and ones with 2 or 3 effects.
    4 light/2 heavy 1 medium

Read the passive tooltips; you are going to want to run 5 light.
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, food and potions can be a big help. Never leave home without them :p .

Also, to clarify how dungeon scaling works:

If your using the Grouping tool to find a group, then the dungeon is going to scale to v16 and your party will be scaled up to v15. Just how your stats scale is based upon attribute allotment (if you focus on magica it'll boost your magica as priority, if you focus on stamina it'll boost your stamina as priority, ect) and equipment quality (blue gear gives a bigger boost than green, purple gives a bigger boost than blue, and so on).

If your forming a group without using the Grouping tool then the dungeon will scale to the level of the party leader and your party will not scale at all. So if your party is made up of a lv20/22/24/27 with the lv22 as party leader, then enemies inside the dungeon will be scaled a lv22 and your party members will stay at their respective levels. Keep in mind though that while every dungeon can scale up in level there is a minimum level that dungeons will scale down to. For instance Tempest Island can scale all the way up to v16 but it won't scale down lower than lv31.
    Edited by Fruitmass on January 10, 2016 5:56AM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Now i just need to get up provisioning then i guess and stock up on health food lol.

Alchemy is also worth leveling. Crafted potions are not only superior to the ones you loot, but there are many more options and ones with 2 or 3 effects.
    4 light/2 heavy 1 medium

Read the passive tooltips; you are going to want to run 5 light.

I know that but im still only leveling and not high enough for the 5/5 passive yet.. So im leveling each light/ medium and heavy.

:)

• Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭
    Fruitmass wrote: »
    Yeah, food and potions can be a big help. Never leave home without them :p .

Also, to clarify how dungeon scaling works:

If your using the Grouping tool to find a group, then the dungeon is going to scale to v16 and your party will be scaled up to v15. Just how your stats scale is based upon attribute allotment (if you focus on magica it'll boost your magica as priority, if you focus on stamina it'll boost your stamina as priority, ect) and equipment quality (blue gear gives a bigger boost than green, purple gives a bigger boost than blue, and so on).

If your forming a group without using the Grouping tool then the dungeon will scale to the level of the party leader and your party will not scale at all. So if your party is made up of a lv20/22/24/27 with the lv22 as party leader, then enemies inside the dungeon will be scaled a lv22 and your party members will stay at their respective levels. Keep in mind though that while every dungeon can scale up in level there is a minimum level that dungeons will scale down to. For instance Tempest Island can scale all the way up to v16 but it won't scale down lower than lv31.

Awsome info thanks :)
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    Nobody should be getting 1 shot by anything unless you are ignoring the fight mechanics. A LOT of 1 shot mechanics are able to be avoided or interrupted.

The only case in the banished cells that contradicts this, is the first boss, with the frost beam. You have to heal through it. But he also casts a much more deadly frost tornado which CAN be interrupted.

For the clanfear boss, when he charges and devours you, you can break out (Attack and Block simultaneously) to stop taking damage, or someone else can interrupt the boss.

If you have any doubt just google the dungeon name. Tamriel Journal has extremely useful and easy to read notes on each fight.
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody should be getting 1 shot by anything unless you are ignoring the fight mechanics. A LOT of 1 shot mechanics are able to be avoided or interrupted.

The only case in the banished cells that contradicts this, is the first boss, with the frost beam. You have to heal through it. But he also casts a much more deadly frost tornado which CAN be interrupted.

For the clanfear boss, when he charges and devours you, you can break out (Attack and Block simultaneously) to stop taking damage, or someone else can interrupt the boss.

If you have any doubt just google the dungeon name. Tamriel Journal has extremely useful and easy to read notes on each fight.

Yeah its not my job as a healer to interrupt at range though.. I think it was just some bad groups before.

Everything is going fine now though. no deaths so far, just smooth dungeoning :) *touch wood*

The problem is that the normal dungeons have now turned into slightly easier vet dungeons and so hard for nuubs like me to actually learn boss mechanics with a group of already v16.. Who just want to spam it.
  • Vaultamor
    Vaultamor
    what console and alliance are you on?
    CP580 - Breton Magicka Templar DC Healer
    CP580 - Khajiit Magicka Nightblade DC The Deeps
    27 - Dragonknight DC Growing Tank
    CP580 - Argonian Templar AD Healer

Keep Calm and Chive On
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭
    Vaultamor wrote: »
    what console and alliance are you on?

Xbox one EU Aldmeri dominion.
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana

Yeah its not my job as a healer to interrupt at range though.. I think it was just some bad groups before.

Yep.
    Unfortunately since you are on console all you have is voice chat to try and communicate, which my understand is that most people have that turned off because of the screaming children?
    So you won't be able to tell anyone else what they are suppose to be doing.
    You could always kick the console and join the PC gaming master race.
    Just saying.
    You get a better UI, mods, graphics extenders and shaders, better controls... The list goes on.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yep.
    Unfortunately since you are on console all you have is voice chat to try and communicate, which my understand is that most people have that turned off because of the screaming children?
    So you won't be able to tell anyone else what they are suppose to be doing.
    You could always kick the console and join the PC gaming master race.
    Just saying.
    You get a better UI, mods, graphics extenders and shaders, better controls... The list goes on.

I would seriously consider getting a gaming PC if I could transfer my account.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    personally id say hold off doing any dungeon till you hit vr1, it will not make u frustrated and when doing the undaunted pledges (which you probably will do) you will be able to find a nice pug and do most dungeons, and get cool keys-> yay!