Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is Defending weapon trait buggy?

TheFamousMockingbird
Specifically, has anyone run into an issue with the defense bonus from this trait not stacking with Major Resolve and Major Ward buff?

I am using a purple Dominion resto staff that gives 10% defending trait bonus.
When I swap between it and a dual wield set that has no defending bonus, I see expected stat changes in my physical and spell resistance, a nice clean 10% buff.

However when I use a class ability that grants Major Resolve and Major Ward (via shadow barrier passive for this full light armor NB) the defending trait results
only seem to grant around 5% increase in physical and spell resist. Is there a mitigation cap even when all light armored?

Submit as bug?

Edited by TheFamousMockingbird on January 8, 2016 8:17PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless this is a VR16 item, can you make a White (unimproved staff) and see if you get the same amount of defense with it or is also less too? This test would point to a cap being in place if you get the same boost between an improved item and an unimproved item.

Also, are the skills on each bar the exact same? I have noticed that different combos of skills on each bar can screw up comparisons like this as the skills slotted can affect character stats.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TheFamousMockingbird
    Nestor wrote: »

Also, are the skills on each bar the exact same? I have noticed that different combos of skills on each bar can screw up comparisons like this as the skills slotted can affect character stats.

Yes I checked my bars for possible passives that could mess with the numbers. It was a likely culprit, but not in this instance.