Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

2 accounts - Crafting leveling

Earelith
Earelith
✭✭✭
So I have 2 accounts in my possession and I want to take advantage of it for the increased crafting experience you get by deconstructing other player crafted items.

The plan is that while playing on my main character, I deconstruct all the gear I find in the world while leveling and I refine all the raw materials (due to skill points I invest in it).

I will use the materials of previous level bracket to craft items to send to other character for deconstruct and leveling and the other account character will use my current level bracket refined materials to craft items that I will deconstruct...

For example I am now level 11 on Woodworking | Blacksmith | Clothing and I can use Jute | Flax | Cotton. I will use Jute(I have many) with my main character to craft sashes to send to character B so he deconstructs and level. Once he reach the point he can use Flax, I ll send him the refined flax materials to craft sashes for me..once I start stacking on cotton, I ll do the same as I did for Jute/Flax.

Before I go and do all this, I would like to ask first if anyone else have done it and if it worth the trouble or the gain is minimal...also for those that have done it, any tips are welcome.

Thanks
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes that will work, but the question is, are both your accounts full of characters (8) that you don't want to craft?

All of that will work just by using any other character on either of your accounts. An Alt-character is treated the same as another Player and as another character on another account.

Also if you are using one character to quest for the source items/materials, as long as the items are dropped loot from kills, they will give as much or more (Green, Blue, Traits, Enchants etc) IP as a crafted white item.

If your harvesting character is much higher loot materials than the Alt, straight feed the items to it and it will level quickly.

The craft-swap-decon is most effective between two players who only have one crafter each. When used with Alts it is most effective with two crafters of exactly the same craft level.

Otherwise just have the much higher character feed much higher raw kill loot (drops)

Stolen loot has to be laundered into "normal loot" to return full IP. And free loot from non-steal racks only returns minimal IP.

And here's all the raw number data if you want to focus your efforts on it.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/226749/craft-decon-ip-data-as-of-pts-patch-v2-2-2-orsinium-dlc#latest

And here's some spoilers if desired.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236579/guide-media-spoilers-craft-nodes-maps-from-harvest-map-addon-pdf#latest
    Edited by SpAEkus on January 4, 2016 2:55AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    All of that will work just by using any other character on either of your accounts. An Alt-character is treated the same as another Player and as another character on another account.
    agree.gif

No need for 2 accounts, you can do all that with alts ...
    shades.gif

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am doing it. When the game turned to B2P, i got two extra accounts very cheaply. They were initially just mules, but lately i have been leveling up the toons in second account. I concur with others that using alts is normally enough. I am using the second account because first is full of VR toons and at CP cap. I also have three computers so i can run both in parallel.

Since you already have the accounts, surely you can take advantage of it. One great advantage is double bank space. Crafting requires alot of space. With two accounts it's much easier. The key is to play the accounts differently. E.g. first is main account and second is either crafting or storage account.

I started normally with one account, so my main crafter is in main account. Thinking backwards, if i had started with two accounts, putting crafter to second is appealing. Just be prepared to level the crafter also to VR16 and churn up few hundred CP. There surely is more effort to make it work. I would also recommend to have two good computers to make it work effectively. I would summarize it's twice the effort - twice the reward. If you don't mind leveling up multiple toons and you can plan it a year ahead, go for it.

Legally ZOS has said multiple accounts are fine, as long as you don't use any automation. When your own hands do all steering, it's OK.

Some tips, assuming you have two computers. You con log in simultaneously. Keep in mind low level alt may not have access to e.g. Cadwell Gold or DLC.
    - You can use the second account as a teleport location.
    - You can "reserve" a location by simultaneously porting to each other, e.g. port to bank and back to dungeon by swapping places.
    - You can use second account as portable minibank with trading.
    - When in trouble in dungeon you can post to yourself whatever is needed.

With or without two computers:
    - It's nice to be able to mail stuff to second account.
    - Each toon can be rather cheaply increased to 80 inventory slots. You can store easily alot of stuff to second account.
    - You very easily forget what has been stored to second account.
    - You will anyway run out of space.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Wow thanks a lot! I didnt know that alts of the same account are valid for swaping craft decon...

The truth is that on my main i am further above my level...i van already craft the items of the next level bracket than my character is..

But the reason i am doing this is that i have a lot of raw materials and i thought is better to use them on an alt than use them to craft on the same character.

Another thing that i dont know, is if it worth deconstructing lower level items. I am level 19 now on this character and my craftings are 13-14 level and can already craft items from thw next bracket (26-34). Does it worth to deconstruct level 15-22 items i got from loot or better sell for gold?

Ps. Btw i play on ps4 and having a second account is as easy as to just create a new user...
    Edited by Earelith on January 4, 2016 9:28AM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are pros and cons in either keeping just one alt or dividing to two or more. This crafting forum has several threads about that topic you can look into for details and debate. I prefer separate main crafter, (and while leveling, multiple of them). But others have preferred to have everything on one toon.

Crafting XP needed for each level increases each level, as does XP from deconstructing different level items. This means that at level 1 deconstructing level 1 item makes the XP bar move. But at level 20 the same item barely moves the XP bar. It is usually better to sell low level items to gain some much needed gold. See the excellent charts by @SpAEkus in his post.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earelith wrote: »

Another thing that i dont know, is if it worth deconstructing lower level items. I am level 19 now on this character and my craftings are 13-14 level and can already craft items from thw next bracket (26-34). Does it worth to deconstruct level 15-22 items i got from loot or better sell for gold?

One way to look at it is, what else are you going to do with the low level items? Although, it may be better to sell to in game vendors for gold than to deal with all the Trait and Style materials your generating. You can also list the traited items for research in a Guild Kiosk. A price of 100 to 200 gold will move them out the door quickly. Intricate items are worth more. Sell the Ornates your self to game vendors.

If they are Green or Blue or Purple, it may be better to decon them for Tempers, all depends on how many tempers you have. You can also sell the Refined Materials you get from the decon.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

One way to look at it is, what else are you going to do with the low level items? Although, it may be better to sell to in game vendors for gold than to deal with all the Trait and Style materials your generating. You can also list the traited items for research in a Guild Kiosk. A price of 100 to 200 gold will move them out the door quickly. Intricate items are worth more. Sell the Ornates your self to game vendors.

If they are Green or Blue or Purple, it may be better to decon them for Tempers, all depends on how many tempers you have. You can also sell the Refined Materials you get from the decon.

Thanks :) sadly, selling stuff on guild stores is not an option for me (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2565004#Comment_2565004 for details why...). Also what I did found is that green/blue items have the same chance to give tempers as white ones (I have the skill for increased chance).
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . Also what I did found is that green/blue items have the same chance to give tempers as white ones (I have the skill for increased chance).

FYI, any gear can return mats or style/trait materials, more so if you have the Extraction Passives. However only an item that is improved has chance to return one temper as it is the Tempers that are used to Improve it.

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple of tips that might help:

1. Sometimes farming is easier than transferring crafted good around. Many towns "under attack" (Velyn harbor, that town in Rivenspire, etc) have been "abandoned" so that you can go steal 50-100 items in 10 minutes. I did a craft grind to 50 in all three in Velyn...it was faster than crafting and banking. And I left Velyn under attack even as I got to vet levels...now if I want to level an alt I take my main to Velyn, pick up 100 pieces of vet level gear, then bank for the alt to tear apart.

2. As you advance your prime character, your alts will get "luckier." Meaning that when my first toon was lvl 40, he picked up like 20 pieces of gear in a delve run and maybe one would be green. Now he's V16 and ANY alt will pick up like 40 pieces, mostly green, some blues and maybe a purple. And once you're working a vet level toon, gear will be coming out your...wherever. The point? I personally spent too much time working the crafting then leveling my character. It's WAY faster to level a character, then go crazy crafting.

3. Almost forgot...nothing picked up in the Hollow City in Coldharbour is a steal. There are like 500 pieces of gear there with a station in the middle. Grab, tear apart, grab, tear apart, grab...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I personally spent too much time working the crafting then leveling my character. It's WAY faster to level a character, then go crazy crafting.

One caveat to this. Start your trait research as early as possible and try to get to 6 traits on all the gear you will use. You don't need to level crafting for this, although the Research Passives are a big help. You don't need to level crafting other than what you need to in order to get 3 items qued up at once. Heck, even two is a big help.

But, yes, use the VR Loot to level your crafter, it's much nicer. The game is set up that if you decon everything you loot, your crafting will keep up with a character as you level, for the most part. Problem is, your going to be poor when you need gold the most. Once in VR Ranks, mob drops will give you enough gold to cover anything you would need, so you can decon loot rather than sell it.

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great point for beginners, Nestor - get the research running early. It takes about a month of constantly running research to get to six traits on a set. This gives you the power to craft some of the best armor in the game for yourself (julianos, Hundings).

There's an iPad app for ESO called workbench, which tracks research in progress as well as what trait items you're holding for upcoming research. This is a HUGE help in keeping track of which drop gear you can destroy and which you want to save. You can also make a list by hand, of course. I recommend storing upcoming research items with an alt character...if they're in your bank they're going to get accidentally destroyed, lol. Oh how many perfectly good research items I tore apart because I was too tired to pay attention...