The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Crashing when opened

CrowInTheWood
Whenever I try to play the game, it says that it has stopped unexpectedly/ crashed. I've tried to click play on the Launcher and I've tried to open the game by itself, but nothing works. I've tried to repair, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, and neither of those work. I tried to reach tech support, but they didn't respond for four days, and when someone finally did respond, the answer had absolutely nothing to do with my question. Has someone else had this problem? If you have a solution, that would be great, because it seems like support is not going to actually help me in this situation.
Lonan of Dubh, Breton Hedge-Sorcerer-
"Monsters all, aren't we? The only difference being some of us are proud of our claws."
"Love only has one other name- Betrayal."
"Power. The prize that takes everything. Such a price we pay..."
  • CrowInTheWood
    And from what I can see, my Mac meets all the requirements, including the OS X version
    "Monsters all, aren't we? The only difference being some of us are proud of our claws."
  • barbiesdreamdumpster
    barbiesdreamdumpster
    Soul Shriven
    The same thing is happening to me.
    I've has the game almost a year and it's run perfectly up until the August 1st maintenance, after which it told me my "client is outdated", so I ran repairs. Now it crashes as soon as it opens. I emailed support last week but haven't heard back yet, and from looking at past inquiries into this problem there doesn't seem to be a general solution. I can't even look through the crash report for what's wrong because it won't load.
    I just got a new hard drive and updated my OS X so I really don't think it's my computer.

*shouts into the void* can anyone help us???
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @CrowInTheWood, could you please post your system specs here? To find them, klick on the Apple symbol  in the menu bar, select "About this Mac", and post the information given there, please (except the serial number).

@barbiesdreamdumpster, the error message about the client being outdated may indicate that something went wrong with updating the game client to the lastest version. Maybe repairing the game made matters worse for some reason. You could try to restore the game client's folder to a version from before August 1st by using Time Machine, and then let the Launcher patch the game again. Or you could try reinstalling from scratch.

• CrowInTheWood
    Actually, I fixed it months ago. I ran the repair for about 7 hours and then it opened, so no more problems.
  • barbiesdreamdumpster
    barbiesdreamdumpster
    Soul Shriven
    I tried the reinstall method, which I now regret because it's been two days and the download is only at 22%...