Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shivering Isles dlc

• mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    A few realms we've never seen that I'd rather see.

Plus Sheogorath seems done as far as ESO imo because of the ending of Mages Guild questline.
  • Nichordius
    Nichordius
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    It's already been said but a lot folks in the thread already, but I'd definitely have to say no. Sheogorath is one of my favorite of the daedric princes and I love the Shivering Isles, but we've seen it. A lot. There was an entire expansion dedicated to it in Oblivion. If I wanted to see the Shivering Isles again, I'd go and play that. Plus, Sheogorath plays a really huge role in the game already with the Mages Guild quest lines. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed that, but we've seen a lot of old Sheogorath.

It's time to give our other princes some time in the spotlight. I mean, think about it, we've only seen a small handful of daedric realms. Oblivion gave us a good look into the Deadlands and the Shivering Isles and ESO gave us a really good look at Coldharbour. Skyrim gave us a very good look at Apocrypha. ESO gave us small glimpses at other realms.

But I really want to see the realm of Clavicus Vile, Vaermina, Azura, and Malacath and...well, any of the ones we haven't seen with the same amount of love and detail we've seen with the ones in Oblivion, Skyrim and ESO thus far.

That's like saying we've seen enough of Morrowind or Skyrim; yet one of the things that makes ESO special is being able to return to your favorite parts of Tamriel. And sure, other princes could display their realms, but ask anyone... Sheogorath is loved by all, maybe because his sphere of influence includes one of ESO's best features: Character customization. No one but an exception wants to sit through Jyggalag's realm, for example. I'm sure Mephala would get more votes.
  • Nichordius
    Nichordius
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    mb10 wrote: »
    A few realms we've never seen that I'd rather see.

Plus Sheogorath seems done as far as ESO imo because of the ending of Mages Guild questline.

Ah, yes. The blackwood daedric shrine quest of ESO's Sheogorath. It was fun, but the dlc was much more liked.
    Edited by Nichordius on December 13, 2016 3:57AM
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I would pay anything for Cheese the size of Wrothgar. :D
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Nichordius wrote: »
    Also note that although everyone on UESP edits the manics as "maniacs", they're not called that in TESIV ever. They're called manics. Imagine if the demented, for example, were called dementiacs. It's silly.
    Maniac is the term used in-game by Dervenin, High Priest of Mania; Arctus, High Priest of Demetia; and citizens of Crucible when referring to the Flame of Agnon. Manic is the term used in-game by Aureal, citizens of Split, and citizens of Crucible when referring to Split. Manic is also used in books. I think it's therefore safe to say that both are acceptable.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    It pains me to vote for no because I truly do want a Shivering Isles DLC, however I'm voting for no because I'm trying to save one of my favorite daedric gods from becoming an antagonist that I am forced to fight and defeat.

It was bad enough that I was force to fight Molag bal ( why can't I join him instead of fighting against him) I don't want to be forced to fight another of my favorite daedric gods.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If it's been done before, then I'd prefer it not be done again, till at least we've already seen some new locations that hasn't been done yet like Argonia or Elsweyr.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Delta1038
    Delta1038
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I say no for basically the same reasons as already stated, been there before. I want to explore new areas, I wouldn't even mind if it was daedric realm dlc but make it someone like Meridia (which I think would make some contextual sense for ESO) or honestly just about any other daedric lord. Of course personally I have been dying for Akaviri dlc since Morrowind so admittedly that would be more likely my first choice.
    Xbox One NA
  • inflaburwb17_ESO
    inflaburwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I'd like something exploring the disappearance of the Dwemer, in Vvardenfell, with Red Mountain erupting.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    It pains me to vote for no because I truly do want a Shivering Isles DLC, however I'm voting for no because I'm trying to save one of my favorite daedric gods from becoming an antagonist that I am forced to fight and defeat.
    Why would Sheo be an antagonist? He's already been the antagonist of the Mages Guild line, so there's no need to do that again. In a ShIsles DLC for ESO, I can see Sheo being the patron you are attempting to gain the favour of, by fighting for either Mania or Dementia. A bunch of PvE and PvP systems in which you improve the standing of your own side and undermine the other, and at the end of each season, your side has to capture the Flame of Agnon and get it to the Sacellum. The winner is in favour for the next season, receiving a seasonal boon that is only active in the Isles, and the fighting starts again. The side in favour attempts to retain it, while the other side attempts to earn it. All the while, Sheo is sitting in his palace, enjoying the madness.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Sure. I wouldn't mind for some more Uncle Sheo' quests.
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    @Faulgor

In that case you should read his lore and realise what an impact he made on the Daedric Princes.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    No
    This poll is one year old. Nice necro.

That said, Sheogorath is the least interesting character in TES.