Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shivering Isles dlc

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I voted yes, but don't think it would warrant being its own DLC. Sheo is already a big part of the base game, and there was already a Shivering Isles DLC that many of us played. No need for ESO to rehash that plan.

I'd rather see it be part of a "Planes of Oblivion" expansion, with 2-3 prince's realms released per DLC. That would make me giddy.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    As one of several areas for a quest
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    As one of several areas for a quest

With open PVP?

>:)
    PS4-NA-DC
    PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    voted NO, but only because there should be NO MORE DLC until thieves guild and DB content is produced.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    voted NO, but only because there should be NO MORE DLC until thieves guild and DB content is produced.

Thieves Guild - Feb/March 2016

Dark Brotherhood - May/June 2016

They're a coming.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    JD2013 wrote: »

Thieves Guild - Jan-March 2016

Dark Brotherhood - April-June2016

They're a coming.

Fixed your time frames.
    Edited by Gidorick on January 5, 2016 7:34PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Gidorick wrote: »

Thieves Guild - Jan-April 2016

Dark Brotherhood - May-August 2016

They're a coming.

Fixed your time frames.

I rather think you're pessimisticlly changing the dates based upon no actual evidence there, sport :wink:

4 DLC's a year = March, June, September and December. Or approximations thereof, depending upon Thieves Guild release date.

There's no console port that they're focusing on, and it's already been stated they'll start talking about Thieves Guild in more detail after the new year when they're back in the offices.

Keep your salt for meals! :smiley:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• KaleidoscopeEyz
    KaleidoscopeEyz
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Been there. Done that. Next!
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No.. Uncle Sheo was awesome.. DOMINATING the main Mage's Guild Storyline.. just like Molag Bal did the Main Story. Its time for him to fall back and let one of the other prices dominate the story.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Thieves Guild - Feb/March 2016

Dark Brotherhood - May/June 2016

They're a coming.

it's been so long, that seems like a joke. Is there really any hope?
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather they did a time warp DLC,..back to the time of Vvardenfell,in Morrowind.It'll never happen,but I can still dream about it. :}
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I'm being realistic, not salty @JD2013 and my dates are based on what ZOS has announced regarding their schedule. It's 1 per quarter
    Expect to see #ESOTU DLC game packs released quarterly, starting with the Imperial City on 8/31 for PC/Mac. #QuakeCon

That gives us very specific time frames for the next 2 DLC.

1st quarter 2016 January-March
    2nd quarter 2016 April-June

I hope they're not March and June! Orsinium was WAY before many of us expected.

It's just a good idea to keep your expectations within the time-frame that ZOS has announced.
    Edited by Gidorick on January 5, 2016 7:35PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    I WANT IT ALL!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    The Oblivion expansion already had so much content and I already became a god. They can't beat that.

I'd prefer something fresher.

I am also tired of Sheogorath.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on December 30, 2015 9:15PM
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather see Morrowind
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    It's already been said but a lot folks in the thread already, but I'd definitely have to say no. Sheogorath is one of my favorite of the daedric princes and I love the Shivering Isles, but we've seen it. A lot. There was an entire expansion dedicated to it in Oblivion. If I wanted to see the Shivering Isles again, I'd go and play that. Plus, Sheogorath plays a really huge role in the game already with the Mages Guild quest lines. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed that, but we've seen a lot of old Sheogorath.

It's time to give our other princes some time in the spotlight. I mean, think about it, we've only seen a small handful of daedric realms. Oblivion gave us a good look into the Deadlands and the Shivering Isles and ESO gave us a really good look at Coldharbour. Skyrim gave us a very good look at Apocrypha. ESO gave us small glimpses at other realms.

But I really want to see the realm of Clavicus Vile, Vaermina, Azura, and Malacath and...well, any of the ones we haven't seen with the same amount of love and detail we've seen with the ones in Oblivion, Skyrim and ESO thus far.

As do I but lore wise Malacaths realm is kinda like a ash pit unbreathable and possibly it also houses a paradise hidden within for orcs when they die, I would like to see the realm of nocturnal and they are adding mephelas realm in the future me thinks, which I suspect will have lots of spider daedra spider webs and all sorts of new content lets hope its not like craglorn.They did have crows wood but I would like to see more of nocturals realm
    Edited by Thevampirenight on December 30, 2015 10:04PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would definitely like to see Shivering Isles as a PvE region in the future. Thinking of the larger picture...

Should there be a PvP area/region within where players can choose to support Mania or Dementia? That would make for an interesting mix up as your AvA friends may be your Shivering Isles PvP enemies.

I.E. Have a PvE area within Shivering Isles and then a PvP area.

Could have interesting game changer events such as a favors system. Do favors for Sheogorath and then call in the favors to turn all attacking or defending players into pumpkins or stone or something.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Dropping in my previous posts about what I'd like to see in a ShIsles DLC:
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Some great options for (open world, opt-in) PvP there... Dementia vs Mania:
    • Capture the Flame of Agnon
    • Siege Brellach or Pinnacle Rock
    • Take over the numerous Madness Ruins for your side
    • Winning side earns the favour of the Mad God
    • Potentially fighting with enemy Alliance members against your own, depending on which Madness you follow
    I think Shivering Isles would be great for espionage and limited PvP, as players could choose between Mania and Dementia and work against each other to gain the favour of Sheo. Depending on which side you choose, you may end up fighting with members of the other alliances against members of your own :)
    Venom4You wrote: »
    You already have a perfectly fitting setting in your existing game lore! Why don't you give us the opportunity to return to the "Shivering Isles", the realm of Sheogorath, to fight for Dementia OR Mania? Two new factions would allow players to unite with their former enemies (friends?!) without introducing mercenaries to the pvp in Cyrodiil!
    [...] Mania and Dementia are always going against each other. I think that would work quite well, and it's something I've been thinking about too; taking control of the different ruins and towns for your side, with a Elder Scroll -style goal of capturing the Flame of Agnon from Cylarne and successfully taking it to the Sacellum. We also don't know when Arden Sul was around -- we could even meet him in this time period.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Shivering Isles was great but I'm looking for different and new things. I'd rather not pay for similar DLC for this game
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    i would be great as a minor DLC with a short story and semi sized area, tho rather see focus on other daedric realms over one thats been done
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    No.. Uncle Sheo was awesome.. DOMINATING the main Mage's Guild Storyline.. just like Molag Bal did the Main Story. Its time for him to fall back and let one of the other prices dominate the story.

Agree, at least for now.

In a future far far away, I would like to see a Shivering Isles DLC. But before that, I want DLCs that focus on other Daedric Princes. I want all of them to have their moment to shine.

Well, except for Peryite. Nobody likes him.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Yes, make it a PvP Zone where the Mania side is the standard 3 faction war... and the Dementia side is every man for himself!
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Definitely at some point, but I don't really care where it falls relative to other DLC.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Naw.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Abeille wrote: »
    Darlgon wrote: »

Agree, at least for now.

In a future far far away, I would like to see a Shivering Isles DLC. But before that, I want DLCs that focus on other Daedric Princes. I want all of them to have their moment to shine.

Well, except for Peryite. Nobody likes him.

Aw poor Peryite.

Lobol+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+210+at+_3962720c9bd0a2840de875aa63cfe1a3.jpg

See? He's got some friends right here!
    Edited by JD2013 on December 31, 2015 2:41AM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    We go there a few times in the mage guild line no need to go there, we have all been. Now expanding those areas could be nice if more cheese was added.
  • Nichordius
    Nichordius
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    NAMI, the national alliance for mental illness, says that 18% of adults in the US "have a mental illness, so maybe 1/5 of your players will buy the dlc, at least...

...More, likely, since people say the Shivering Isles expansion was the best part of the Elder Scrolls IV.

You need to make a fanatical rivalry, though, between the manics (gifted) and the demented (cursed). It's canonical that the flame of agnon switches between the flame of rapture when Sheo favors the manics, and the flame of despair when he favors the demented.

Also note that although everyone on UESP edits the manics as "maniacs", they're not called that in TESIV ever. They're called manics. Imagine if the demented, for example, were called dementiacs. It's silly.

But there you go. Please make it look nice. Thx.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Nichordius wrote: »
    NAMI, the national alliance for mental illness, says that 18% of adults in the US "have a mental illness, so maybe 1/5 of your players will buy the dlc, at least...

...More, likely, since people say the Shivering Isles expansion was the best part of the Elder Scrolls IV.

You need to make a fanatical rivalry, though, between the manics (gifted) and the demented (cursed). It's canonical that the flame of agnon switches between the flame of rapture when Sheo favors the manics, and the flame of despair when he favors the demented.

Also note that although everyone on UESP edits the manics as "maniacs", they're not called that in TESIV ever. They're called manics. Imagine if the demented, for example, were called dementiacs. It's silly.

Nichordious used necropost on thread...

It's super effective!
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Nichordius
    Nichordius
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    Nichordius wrote: »

Nichordious used necropost on thread...

It's super effective!

It's still relevant. Gaps are what separate this and the "Show Your Character" thread that's given me endless notifications.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Edit: Didn't notice the date on the thread. Apologies!
    Edited by Marto on December 13, 2016 3:45AM
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"