The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cloak should work like Mist Form and prevent heals when active

LoreRiley
LoreRiley
✭✭✭✭
Go ahead and cry me a river. We all know you shouldnt be able to go Invis>Pop vigor/healing ward>come back to battle at full health its complete BS. Now I know all the Meta FOTM users are gonna attack me for wanting to nerf their precious skilless Meta.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, that would screw NB over too hard.

I wouldn't even slot cloak anymore at that point, just use efficient purge for DoTs and beef up my resistance and regen. If cloaking and invisible NB are giving you too much trouble, add a heal debuff to your rotation.

Edited by OdinForge on December 28, 2015 10:46PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Do... do I need to link the meta video?
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • LoreRiley
    LoreRiley
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do... do I need to link the meta video?

lol I hope ur not talking bout Deltia
  • LoreRiley
    LoreRiley
    ✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

I wouldn't even slot cloak anymore at that point, just use efficient purge for DoTs and beef up my resistance and regen.

This is the typical response to every thread about cloak saying "All it will make cloak obsolete" no it wont. Cloak is an Escape/Ambush Tactic not a heal right in your face whille invisible as a Stam DK the only head Debuff I have is Reverberating Bash and thats only 30% which still allows you to keep cloaking and healing. Its an unfair tactic and I know this because my main is a Nightblade so I know what gave me an advantage. Unlike most users on here Im not afraid to balance my own class.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LoreRiley wrote: »
    Go ahead and cry me a river. We all know you shouldnt be able to go Invis>Pop vigor/healing ward>come back to battle at full health its complete BS. Now I know all the Meta FOTM users are gonna attack me for wanting to nerf their precious skilless Meta.

I disagree only because it would be devastating to the way nightblades are designed. However, I do think that casting heals/wards while invisible should break invisibility (and stealth) and they should be forced to re-cast Cloak.

To be thorough, I think that any buff that affects the player ONLY should NOT break stealth. But any ability that can heal/buff/shield another player should DEFINITELY break invisibility. Therefore Vigor and Healing Ward should break invisibility.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wouldn't even slot cloak anymore at that point, just use efficient purge for DoTs and beef up my resistance and regen.

This is the typical response to every thread about cloak saying "All it will make cloak obsolete" no it wont. Cloak is an Escape/Ambush Tactic not a heal right in your face whille invisible as a Stam DK the only head Debuff I have is Reverberating Bash and thats only 30% which still allows you to keep cloaking and healing. Its an unfair tactic and I know this because my main is a Nightblade so I know what gave me an advantage. Unlike most users on here Im not afraid to balance my own class.

No it's not, you have no idea what you're talking about.

When I play my magblade, cloak is positioning tool or constant protection from being spotted and run over. When I'm focused, cloak becomes almost if not 100% useless and I rely on chance utility like a well placed shadow image, wards and if I'm snared forget it.

When I play my stamblade, cloak is just there for a once in a while cast or to purge DoTs or heal in an emergency. My escape is a speed buff and run speed + dodge roll + better snare immunity

I play 1H stam food NB, A similar 1H stam DK can block better damage, upkeep resources better via passives, and dish out similar damage. The one card that usually balances a fight comes to the occasional cloak heal, but can be negated by detect pot or mark + heal debuff.
    Edited by OdinForge on December 28, 2015 11:11PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Bossdonut
    Bossdonut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just spam steel tornado. No more cloak. Problem solved.
  • LoreRiley
    LoreRiley
    ✭✭✭✭

No it's not, you have no idea what you're talking about.

When I play my magblade, cloak is positioning tool or constant protection from being spotted and run over. When I'm focused, cloak becomes almost if not 100% useless and I rely on chance utility like a well placed shadow image, wards and if I'm snared forget it.

When I play my stamblade, cloak is just there for a once in a while cast or to purge DoTs or heal in an emergency. My escape is a speed buff and run speed + dodge roll + better snare immunity

I play 1H stam food NB, A similar 1H stam DK can block better damage, upkeep resources better via passives, and dish out similar damage. The one card that usually balances a fight comes to the occasional cloak heal, but can be negated by detect pot or mark + heal debuff.

I know exactly what i'm talking about you are just a salty forumblade what I meant by that was its original purpose is to escape/ambush according to the perks. And using it to prevent being targeted counts as escape/ambush
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know exactly what i'm talking about you are just a salty forumblade what I meant by that was its original purpose is to escape/ambush according to the perks. And using it to prevent being targeted counts as escape/ambush

Detect Pot | Caltrops | Mark | Steel Tornado

Learn it.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • LoreRiley
    LoreRiley
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bossdonut wrote: »
    Just spam steel tornado. No more cloak. Problem solved.

That may be the case for a Sorc or Stamblade but im a pure Tank DK my only anti cloak is Violatile armour, fire breath. Unfortunately im not a magic DK so I cant utilize the AOEs and am yet to unlock Caltraps
  • Sykotical
    Sykotical
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should just get rid of the healing staff.
    Son Azoth | Breton Nightblade
    PC - NA - DC - myCampaignTBD
  • LoreRiley
    LoreRiley
    ✭✭✭✭

Learn it.

Detect Pots- Are so bad as the time you get is nothing
    Caltrops- Yet to unlock it on my DK but yea very effective unless the NB casts Blur and it 30m away before you can use it
    Mark- I should have to use my NB to counter my own class
    Steel Tornado- Im a tank
  • LoreRiley
    LoreRiley
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sykotical wrote: »
    Maybe they should just get rid of the healing staff.

Not gonna happen m8. but it should only heal for lets say 70% of the remaining healing shield
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a Stam DK the only heal Debuff I have is Reverberating Bash

If you're a Stam DK and you need a heal and debuff, you're not playing stam DK right. Amp up that armor and make yourself less of a glass canon. I play a stam NB - trust me, if you spec right, you will be veeeeeeeeeeeery hard for me to kill.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Learn it.

Caltrops- Yet to unlock it on my DK but yea very effective unless the NB casts Blur and it 30m away before you can use it
    Steel Tornado- Im a tank

Dude based on your previous post, I doubt you know anything about your class or PvP in general.

I don't go anywhere without detect pots, if you think detect pots are bad, I don't know what to tell you. Go unlock caltrops, equip an axe 2H off-hand and have some fun killing NB with a well timed detect pot.
    Edited by OdinForge on December 28, 2015 11:27PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Learn it.

Steel Tornado- Im a tank

Dude based on your previous post, I doubt you know anything about your class or PvP in general.

I don't go anywhere without detect pots, if you think detect pots are bad, I don't know what to tell you. Go unlock caltrops, equip an axe 2H off-hand and have some fun killing NB with a well timed detect pot.

Detect pot - Only useful if you can get them and if you pot timer is down
    Caltraps - Very Very expensive still easy for nb to get out of it and run, assault 6
    Mark - The counter to a class shouldn't be the class itself, sorc have a set that literally ignores there class defence
    Steel tornado - requires stamina build + requires dw.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Learn it.

Steel Tornado- Im a tank

Caltraps - Very Very expensive still easy for nb to get out of it and run, assault 6
    Mark - The counter to a class shouldn't be the class itself, sorc have a set that literally ignores there class defence

I can fight magblades without mark or a detect pot (assuming he wants to fight and have a chance at killing me, and not run away), what's the trouble?

Caltrops are good when you know how and when to use them, we can ignore mark since it's good for NB only. Steel tornado can be substituted for any AoE combined with a gap closer.
    Edited by OdinForge on December 29, 2015 12:42AM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Learn it.

Steel Tornado- Im a tank

I can fight magblades without mark or a detect pot (assuming he wants to fight and have a chance at killing me, and not run away), what's the trouble?

Caltrops are good when you know how and when to use them, we can ignore mark since it's good for NB only. Steel tornado can be substituted for any AoE combined with a gap closer.

Have you seen the speed of proper magblades, you won't hit them with an aoe ^^
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Learn it.

Steel Tornado- Im a tank

When I get irritated with NB's I generally get on one of my own and make their day by spamming mark. It amazes me how many NB's when pressed will simply spam cloak and crawl in one direction and do nothing else. I believe these situations are what made the 'cloak's worthless' and 'nightblades are squishy' threads.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I hate cloak, Mist Form is different. It mitigates a lot of damage and they can't be pulled out of mist with AoEs, so giving them the same downside doesn't seem right.
    I don't like the fact they can purge my DK DoTs however, but that's another story.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only two fixes for cloak are needed

Fix Sentry Set to work against it (It'll be like shield breaker)

and make it if you're revealed from an ability (Like Scorching Flare for example) you can't purge the dot.

That's basically the only changes to Cloak that are needed.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

and make it if you're revealed from an ability (Like Scorching Flare for example) you can't purge the dot.

Close, but you also add that DK DoTs should stick. I don't care if they stay invisible, as long as they can't insta-purge my main source of damage, I'm fine. I'm broken enough without this crap.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about never but maybe reduce the heals by 50% while cloaked. It is a tactic I use when battle doesn't turn in my favor. Healing ward, cloak. Then Reposition and re engage. 1 could argue that is the way of the NB. You can't play 2 classes the same i.e. A NB can't be played like a DK. Besides my magic NB is so squishy if you sneeze on him he's done. You just have to hit me :wink: lol
  • Igawotch
    Igawotch
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone, thanks for all your feedback. We are looking at several options to limit the number of times Shadow Cloak can be cast in a row. However, unlike Bolt Escape, there are multiple ways of countering Shadow Cloak so we want to be very careful with any change we ultimately make. One of the possibilities we're exploring is reducing your Magicka regeneration while Shadow Cloak is active.

Any change we make will be in a future update, though we don't have a solid time frame at this time.

From a couple months back.

Link: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/2274406#Comment_2274406
    Edited by Igawotch on December 29, 2015 3:37AM
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healing on a magblade pulls me out of cloak, I do feel stamblade should get the same treatment. They already do more damage this extra edge is unnecessary.
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Close, but you also add that DK DoTs should stick. I don't care if they stay invisible, as long as they can't insta-purge my main source of damage, I'm fine. I'm broken enough without this crap.

sorry but the current cloak morph is to remove dot,the fact that a dot should still on the NB make no sense IMO,at this point is better to change some DK skill,and since im leveling my stamina DK i would like a stamina Morph for Whip.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Learn it.

Steel Tornado- Im a tank

Ya I have one, magblade is weak AF, and I'd wager not many people could prove me otherwise in-game.
    Edited by OdinForge on December 29, 2015 4:40AM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No offence but this thread is trash.

WHAT DO YOU WANT A NIGHTBLADE TO DO?

dk's have 30% more healing and get resource's back from ult's.
    sorc's have burst heal's and shield.
    templar's have good heal's.

nightblade's? we have disengage. that's about it. we cannot roll like we used to. we relie on cloak to heal and if we cant cloak we die.

Nightblade's are the scum of pvp. They kill you when your weak and hide. That's what being a rogue is all about.

Why don't you pop a detect potion or AoE and stop nightblade's from trying to heal. You call these nightblade's skill-less when it seem's your the one being out played and showing little skill.

Nightblade's have a good kit yes, however it's a kit very easily countered...

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on December 29, 2015 5:13AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Well see if you had Scorching Flare for example and revealed them your dots would work against them as they wouldn't be purged by Dark Cloak. This would make Scorching Flare actually ya know.... useful. Same with the other Reveal as well...Basically if you're revealed by an ability and such...the Dots shouldn't be purged when ya use Dark Cloak.

• Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed 100%. Sorcerers have to suffer with a stackable 50% increase cost with Bolt Escape. Tanks suffer with 0 stamina regen while blocking. Heavy Armor users have suffered with reduce break free being moved out of there passives and into the over nerfed immovable. So why should NB almighty cloak not suffer something huh?