The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cloak should work like Mist Form and prevent heals when active

• Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bossdonut wrote: »
    Just spam steel tornado. No more cloak. Problem solved.

then get killed because you're an idiot and don't have enough stam to break fear every few seconds

rip decibel
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoreRiley wrote: »
    OdinForge wrote: »
    I know exactly what i'm talking about you are just a salty forumblade what I meant by that was its original purpose is to escape/ambush according to the perks. And using it to prevent being targeted counts as escape/ambush

Detect Pot | Caltrops | Mark | Steel Tornado

Learn it.

Detect Pots- Are so bad as the time you get is nothing
    Caltrops- Yet to unlock it on my DK but yea very effective unless the NB casts Blur and it 30m away before you can use it
    Mark- I should have to use my NB to counter my own class
    Steel Tornado- Im a tank

So, did i get you right? You have no counters to cloak whatsoever, and when ppl use it against you effectively (because you have no counters to it) you cry nerf! Hmmm, nice...
  • LoreRiley
    LoreRiley
    ✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    I know exactly what i'm talking about you are just a salty forumblade what I meant by that was its original purpose is to escape/ambush according to the perks. And using it to prevent being targeted counts as escape/ambush

Learn it.

Caltrops- Yet to unlock it on my DK but yea very effective unless the NB casts Blur and it 30m away before you can use it
    Steel Tornado- Im a tank

So, did i get you right? You have no counters to cloak whatsoever, and when ppl use it against you effectively (because you have no counters to it) you cry nerf! Hmmm, nice...

Using it effectively and abusing the living *** out of broken mechanics is two different things
  • solynar
    solynar

Learn it.

Radiant mage light, inevitable detonation, lagged crystal frags, velocious curse, streak, shard spam, sweep spam... so many ways to counter it.
    Edited by solynar on December 29, 2015 8:25PM
    PS4 NA
    V16 Stamina NB AD
    V16 Healbot Templar AD
  • Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure cloak wasn't used pre-TU.
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully expect to see an adjustment to clock with the next big update.

I would expect something along the lines of the dodge roll, streak, mist form treatment.

I would expect some version of loss of regen (partial or complete) or escalating cost or a combination of both.

I am also expecting an adjustment made to camp-hunter also and yes of course there will be tears.

Then again I'm also hopeful try will add a minimum distance to ambush and fix the 1/2 second stun on all gap closers.

So I may just be setting myself up for failure.

Edit: you can leave the the ambush with no minimum distance if you add escakinting cost or ambush fatigue when two conditions are met 1: ambush cast again within "X" seconds 2: on the same target, 100 % cost increase escalating Third condition casting ambush 3X times within X seconds completely drains your resource bar regardless of max resource or just add a minimum distance, line of sight check, and fix the fuzzy stun. Whichever
    Edited by acw37162 on December 30, 2015 3:46AM
  • SupremeTravie
    SupremeTravie
    ✭✭
    Praeficere wrote: »

It wasn't used because the skill was broken until 1.6 now that its working as intended everyone has a problem with it because they don't know how to fight a nb which is pretty simple. Any CC,AoE, or pot will work. Use one guarantee it will help a lot or make the nb's job painful in killing you or running away. Its a stealth class your not meant to hit us when we stealth. Its the whole point to our survivability. As for the healing while in stealth. Were pretty squishy so when a nb stealths and pops a vigor or rally etc its because were most likely down to 40% by the first hit. So a nerf to healing while in stealth yeah that won't work. Leave it be and use the the suggested methods.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If overload was as reliable as cloak, you'd click light attack, and kill yourself.
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    NightBlades are fine. Fix stupid, unblock-able, unavoidable, undeniable-with-immovable-pot gap closer stuns and well be ok.

Its stupid that even if I am CC immune I can have 3 night blades spam lotusFan and I might as well put the controller down as I am basically permanently stunned.

Cloak has its counters, its a pain, but once you have unlocked them, the tables turn quite fast.
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭
    buy some detect potions and stfu bad
    or try some caltrops
    or ya know l2p
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭

Learn it.

Steel Tornado- Im a tank

Dude based on your previous post, I doubt you know anything about your class or PvP in general.

I don't go anywhere without detect pots, if you think detect pots are bad, I don't know what to tell you. Go unlock caltrops, equip an axe 2H off-hand and have some fun killing NB with a well timed detect pot.

Detect pot - Only useful if you can get them and if you pot timer is down
    Caltraps - Very Very expensive still easy for nb to get out of it and run, assault 6
    Mark - The counter to a class shouldn't be the class itself, sorc have a set that literally ignores there class defence
    Steel tornado - requires stamina build + requires dw.

I can fight magblades without mark or a detect pot (assuming he wants to fight and have a chance at killing me, and not run away), what's the trouble?

Caltrops are good when you know how and when to use them, we can ignore mark since it's good for NB only. Steel tornado can be substituted for any AoE combined with a gap closer.

Have you seen the speed of proper magblades, you won't hit them with an aoe ^^

this thread isnt about magblades, stamblades dont share this speed. stfu
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angarato wrote: »

Learn it.

Steel Tornado- Im a tank

Dude based on your previous post, I doubt you know anything about your class or PvP in general.

I don't go anywhere without detect pots, if you think detect pots are bad, I don't know what to tell you. Go unlock caltrops, equip an axe 2H off-hand and have some fun killing NB with a well timed detect pot.

Detect pot - Only useful if you can get them and if you pot timer is down
    Caltraps - Very Very expensive still easy for nb to get out of it and run, assault 6
    Mark - The counter to a class shouldn't be the class itself, sorc have a set that literally ignores there class defence
    Steel tornado - requires stamina build + requires dw.

I can fight magblades without mark or a detect pot (assuming he wants to fight and have a chance at killing me, and not run away), what's the trouble?

Caltrops are good when you know how and when to use them, we can ignore mark since it's good for NB only. Steel tornado can be substituted for any AoE combined with a gap closer.

Have you seen the speed of proper magblades, you won't hit them with an aoe ^^

this thread isnt about magblades, stamblades dont share this speed. stfu

No this thread is about nb's on a whole stamblades combine Cloak with dodge rolls for defence. Magblades are fast.

Calm down just because you need to take full advantage of an OP class to pvp. It's likely going to get nerfed anyway, it got buffed too strong, every other class has been hit with nerf's apart from nb's.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Praeficere wrote: »

It wasn't used because the skill was broken until 1.6 now that its working as intended everyone has a problem with it because they don't know how to fight a nb which is pretty simple. Any CC,AoE, or pot will work. Use one guarantee it will help a lot or make the nb's job painful in killing you or running away. Its a stealth class your not meant to hit us when we stealth. Its the whole point to our survivability. As for the healing while in stealth. Were pretty squishy so when a nb stealths and pops a vigor or rally etc its because were most likely down to 40% by the first hit. So a nerf to healing while in stealth yeah that won't work. Leave it be and use the the suggested methods.

You act as if a skill being broken means it can never be overpowered or more powerful than intended. Remember scales? How it, like all reflects, drained resources to reflect? No one used it early on because of that but then it was fixed and it was pretty clear a skill that powerful didn't fit into the game all that well. Also "Were pretty squishy", says the class with a passive health regen akin to a DK slotting 3 draconic power skills, who gains max health per shadow skill slotted, who gains the major armor buff from any shadow skill used, who has the single strongest % max health heal in the game. YOU may be a squishy NB, but if you have ever seen a skilled one, all they need is a single cloak or two to top off their health and go right back to killing. Sorry if your build omits some of the things that make the class shine.
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed 100%. Sorcerers have to suffer with a stackable 50% increase cost with Bolt Escape. Tanks suffer with 0 stamina regen while blocking. Heavy Armor users have suffered with reduce break free being moved out of there passives and into the over nerfed immovable. So why should NB almighty cloak not suffer something huh?

Because it's not op, and you're just a whiner?

This thread is a joke.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    Agreed 100%. Sorcerers have to suffer with a stackable 50% increase cost with Bolt Escape. Tanks suffer with 0 stamina regen while blocking. Heavy Armor users have suffered with reduce break free being moved out of there passives and into the over nerfed immovable. So why should NB almighty cloak not suffer something huh?

This thread is a joke.

and reduced bf on heavy was op?
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go ahead and cry me a river. We all know you shouldnt be able to go Invis>Pop vigor/healing ward>come back to battle at full health its complete BS. Now I know all the Meta FOTM users are gonna attack me for wanting to nerf their precious skilless Meta.

I'll do you a deal.
    When shields, wards or cloak is up healing is prevented.
    Fair ?
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just make activating Vigor break cloak like all other aoe heals do. Being able to heal while cloaked is too crucial to stamblades. Making all healing stop while in cloak works against cloak's design.
    Edited by KenaPKK on December 31, 2015 5:41PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    People really need to stop comparing cloak to streak and suggesting it get the same treatment. Cloak is a SURVIVAL tool like Hardened Ward.
    Jesus you MagSorcs your one of the most powerful classes in PvP right now RIGHT THERE with stamblades but your still not satisfied. Trying to fight you with any other magicka class is down right infuriating and you have burst on par with a stamblade. This is starting to stink of "well I got nerfed so you must be nerfed too".
    How about we all just cut the nerf crap for awhile and maybe buff magicka DK and fix templar and see how we fare aye?

Oh and have a Happy New Year =D
    Edited by revonine on December 31, 2015 8:53PM
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    People really need to stop comparing cloak to streak and suggesting it get the same treatment. Cloak is a SURVIVAL tool like Hardened Ward.
    Jesus you MagSorcs your one of the most powerful classes in PvP right now RIGHT THERE with stamblades but your still not satisfied. Trying to fight you with any other magicka class is down right infuriating and you have burst on par with a stamblade. This is starting to stink of "well I got nerfed so you must be nerfed too".
    How about we all just cut the nerf crap for awhile and maybe buff magicka DK and fix templar and see how we fare aye?

If you don't use cloak for both strong survival and mobility, thats on you.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

Cloak in conjunction in Double Take/Bow passive/Concealed Weapon/Vampire/Quick Cloak for mobility. Moving at a snails pace with just cloak will get you no where fast in 2.9 seconds. Cloak alone does not grant mobility.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Cloak in conjunction in Double Take/Bow passive/Concealed Weapon/Vampire/Quick Cloak for mobility. Moving at a snails pace with just cloak will get you no where fast in 2.9 seconds. Cloak alone does not grant mobility.

True, but being invisible does tend to help. I've seen more than my fair share of NB's that thought cloak would do that for them. Its just cloak works so well with so many skills/passives and does so much on its own that there is no way ZOS can make a handful of skills in the game as valuable.
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is a joke.

This thread is a joke.

i notice in your sig you dont state what classes your TWO toons are. are they perhaps both nbs?
    Edited by Darnathian on January 1, 2016 3:58PM
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭

True, but being invisible does tend to help. I've seen more than my fair share of NB's that thought cloak would do that for them. Its just cloak works so well with so many skills/passives and does so much on its own that there is no way ZOS can make a handful of skills in the game as valuable.

Yeah I can't argue with that, NB's have some of the best selection of passives and skills. If other classes have the same kinda synergy with both stamina and magicka specs most of these threads wouldn't even exist.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah I can't argue with that, NB's have some of the best selection of passives and skills. If other classes have the same kinda synergy with both stamina and magicka specs most of these threads wouldn't even exist.

My main point in these NB threads is it often seems NB's don't realise that they have it best in game in general. Sorcs have a few outliers that in my opinion go to far (like ZOS buffing overload's light attacks, but almost forcing them to use it) but right now I don't trust the combat team to do things well. If they stick with only buffs NB's will be vocal about not getting attention, and the combat team generally doesn't provide buffs that make much sense. Or there are some nerfs and ZOS does what we can all expect and either do bugger all or take things way to far.