The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Healer role thread by Daedxz

Daedgaming
Daedgaming
✭✭✭
Hey guys, Daedxz here. I wanted to start a thread for those of you who enjoy healing in TESO. As a beta player who played all the way to the release of Tamerial Unlimited, I have had quite a few adventures and tons of experience in the Elder Scrolls Online; mostly from a pvp viewpoint. I take pride with the amount of time I have invested into the game and look forward to future changes to come. Recently I switched from my beloved old argonian vamp magicka healing NB on PC to a breton vamp Templar healer on Xbox One. I am still getting use to the change of platforms but so far I am loving it.

I am not starting this thread to talk about that though. I am starting this thread to share knowledge about the role of healer to help those who are either new to TESO or looking for assistance from experienced healers. I myself also hope to perhaps learn a few new things as well from the discussions to come. I will share any new things I find out while playing and I will of course share my specs with anyone who asks.

So lets start with this. This is the spec I created for myself; as well as the gear sets, traits, enchants, mundus stone, and food I intend to use when I am fully geared at Veteran 16. Please feel free to comment on the spec I use and if you think there is a better version I am always willing to hear anyone out. If you have a better idea then I do then I wish to hear it. I will mostly be pvping with this spec, I do however enjoy helping people so I end up doing everything from dungeons to raids and questing as well.

Spec name- Tenebris Sanator -when translated from Latin to English means "dark healer". Or TS for short.
http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.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

Enchants- http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Glyph+of+Magicka
Every single piece of armor will have this enchant.
http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Glyph+of+Absorb+Magicka
Weapon will use the Glyph of Absorb Magicka.
Traits- http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Nirnhoned
All armor that is crafted negate the fire damage from being a vamp
Mundus Stone- The lord. 10% increased health is very much needed in this spec. Seeing as all points and enchants go into magicka, the 10% bonus to health is needed for survival in all situations. I have tried the mage stone as well which worked wonders however for pvp situations the lord is the way to go. http://www.esouniverse.com/guides/mundus-stones/the-lord-2/
All Skill Points go into Magicka.
Gear Sets
http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Armor+of+the+Seducer+Set
5 pieces of suducer
http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Engine+Guardian+Set
Necklace and two rings will be the willpower set from the Imperial City
http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Willpower+Set
Weapon which is dual resto staffs will also be Nirnhoned which is greatly needed for the spell resistance and penetration.
So finally lets talk food.
I have tried both drinks and food. Now while I do use the armor of the seducer set which greatly helps with magicka regeneration as well as the willpower set; neither are actually needed much. The way I play TESO is as such, when I am not healing I am heavy attacking with my resto staff which restores magicka back to me after each attack. That alone usually tops me off. The reason why I run with those sets however is because I use food not drinks so it balances out my stats. I use gourmet foods which increase Stamina, Magicka, and Health. Here is a list of all of the food in the game just so you can see. http://tamrieljournal.com/eso-provisioning-recipe-master-list/#provfhealthmagicka
While drinks are useful I would advise against it for my spec.

How to use this spec.
Tenebris Sanator also known as TS is designed to mostly support a group as they adventure along in Tamerial. This spec will work in a raid, a group, or just yourself in most situations you come across in Tamerial. Many people will question why I use Purifying Ritual over Efficient Purge but the answer is simple. 30% increased healing with my Restoring Light abilities is needed. With so many people running with Magicka Detonation, I find it less and less important to dispel and more and more important to keep people topped off healing wise. Elusive Mist is my way of running around the battlefield quickly and my *** button if I start taking massive amounts of damage or someone is charging me with a Proximity Detonation. Also if timed right you can entirely negate someones opener on you from stealth. One of the funnier things is denying a Nightblade his entire opener combination with elusive must and watching them qq as they try to get away.

Try to keep Channeled Focus and Harness Magicka up as much as you can for they are great for both defense and Magicka regeneration.

The second bar of the spec is the utility bar but also the finisher bar. I use Breath of Life on my second bar as an emergency heal in a 1v1 situation where I do not have enough time to switch bars to save myself. Degeneration gives you 20% increased magic damage (and healing). I try to keep it up as much as possible but you cannot always have it up in combat. Many a time I find myself in situations in both PVP and PVE which require me to add my damage as well to get the kill. In a combat finisher mode though here is the rotation and why.

1.Clouding Swarm, (if it is up) this will make you invisible without breaking stealth for the next 5 seconds while pumping out damage each second. Stay on top of your target during this ability. This ability ensures that your Radiant Oppression will not be interrupted. It is also rather useful in situations where you need to cast a Ritual of Rebirth a few times. I have used it to resurrect people in combat as well.
2. Degeneration for the 20% damage increase as well as Empower from the mages guild passives Might of the Guild which gives you another 20% boost to the damage of your next attack.
3. Radiant Oppression, if the target is below 50% health this will nuke them. Mixed in with Degeneration for a 40% boost in damage. I believe you can reach 380% increased damage on this one at the most (can someone confirm this or correct me please) Either way this 3 step combination is deadly. In my eyes there is no better finisher in the game then this combination for magicka based users.

Feel free to ask me any questions on my own spec! This is a judgement free zone, there are no stupid questions! Also feel free to share your own specs!
GT-Daedxz, Guild Master of "Cannon Fodder" Xbox One, American Servers/DC for lyfe. I kill I steal I conquer
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mundus Stone- The lord. 10% increased health is very much needed in this spec

Why would a Healer care about increased health?

I've been running a Templar Healer since June. Everything is geared for max magicka and max magicka regen. If I can constantly heal, neither I nor my group will ever hit the floor. Throw in some shards for the Stamina junkies and stand aside and spam heals.

5 Seducer
    3 Magnus
    3 Willpower

All armor with divines and the Atronach for Magicka regen.

Tweak the rest to suit your game play. Easy peasy.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    Mundus Stone- The lord. 10% increased health is very much needed in this spec

Why would a Healer care about increased health?

I've been running a Templar Healer since June. Everything is geared for max magicka and max magicka regen. If I can constantly heal, neither I nor my group will ever hit the floor. Throw in some shards for the Stamina junkies and stand aside and spam heals.

5 Seducer
    3 Magnus
    3 Willpower

All armor with divines and the Atronach for Magicka regen.

Tweak the rest to suit your game play. Easy peasy.

I tend to be in extended pvp battles where healing is everything but sometimes that extra 10% health is what saves you. Seeing as I have everything else in magicka and I am a vampire I need to negate both the increased fire damage as well as the chance that I will be killed by a fighters guild build hence the Lord Stone and Nirnhoned traits. Being tanky occasionally is what saves the day. I heavy attack whenever no one needs healing in order to top my magicka off yet my magicka is usually topped off as is thanks to the Willpower set and Engine Guardian procs.

That being said I have extensively looked into your setup in the past and actually used it at one point a while back. It does work as well, yet are you a vampire with this setup?
    Edited by Daedgaming on December 27, 2015 1:39AM
    GT-Daedxz, Guild Master of "Cannon Fodder" Xbox One, American Servers/DC for lyfe. I kill I steal I conquer
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you who are not Templar healers, feel free to ask questions as well! As long as you wield a restoration staff and use its abilities to heal yourself and allies, you are welcome in this thread :smile:
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedgaming wrote: »
    For those of you who are not Templar healers, feel free to ask questions as well! As long as you wield a restoration staff and use its abilities to heal yourself and allies, you are welcome in this thread :smile:

Why do you use a resto staff as a templar in PvP?

Dual Wield increases your healing output and lightning staff improves your magicka return, debuffs the target´s elemental resistance and gives you an arguably more useful heavy attack.

Furthermore, a templar should concentrate on his burst healing and purging potential (class skills) which makes him unique. With the exception of Combat Prayer, resto staff abilities are of the Healing-over-time- type, which can be filled more efficiently by 3 vigor- spamming stamina dps team mates with Dawnbreaker/ Barrier Ultimates in PVP (not in PvE, of course, where there is less movement so Grand Healing and its morphs are rather nice).

I would prefer that a non- templar does the buffing work with resto staff and combat prayer, so that the templar can focus on burst healing, and ranged magicka based channelled single target damage.

Therefore, I like that you build your dps around Radiant Oppression. A dual wield templar using Structured Entropy -> Vampire´s Bane -> Magika Detonation -> Soul Assault (U) -> Radiant Oppression after having debuffed it with Elemental Drain

can be a nice asset for any group when vigor is enough healing, especially when dragon knights get some love by the devs again.

As far as healing is concerned, Breath of Life, Purifying Ritual, and Remembrance are enough, so you could keep Harness Magicka, and Elusive Mist.

Besides, if you are a breton you can consider using more heavy armor parts and Structured Entropy so you can use a more useful mundus stone.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Daedgaming wrote: »

Why do you use a resto staff as a templar in PvP?

Dual Wield increases your healing output and lightning staff improves your magicka return, debuffs the target´s elemental resistance and gives you an arguably more useful heavy attack.

Furthermore, a templar should concentrate on his burst healing and purging potential (class skills) which makes him unique. With the exception of Combat Prayer, resto staff abilities are of the Healing-over-time- type, which can be filled more efficiently by 3 vigor- spamming stamina dps team mates with Dawnbreaker/ Barrier Ultimates in PVP (not in PvE, of course, where there is less movement so Grand Healing and its morphs are rather nice).

I would prefer that a non- templar does the buffing work with resto staff and combat prayer, so that the templar can focus on burst healing, and ranged magicka based channelled single target damage.

Therefore, I like that you build your dps around Radiant Oppression. A dual wield templar using Structured Entropy -> Vampire´s Bane -> Magika Detonation -> Soul Assault (U) -> Radiant Oppression after having debuffed it with Elemental Drain

can be a nice asset for any group when vigor is enough healing, especially when dragon knights get some love by the devs again.

As far as healing is concerned, Breath of Life, Purifying Ritual, and Remembrance are enough, so you could keep Harness Magicka, and Elusive Mist.

Besides, if you are a breton you can consider using more heavy armor parts and Structured Entropy so you can use a more useful mundus stone.

I actually tweaked around my spec a bit last night. I now use one hand and shield on my second bar.

Here's a question though, does the Lightning staff generate more magicka because of the multiple target passive or simply because of the heavy attack passive which increases attack speed by 10%?

I did consider using dual wield for my healing bar but the main reason I was using a resto staff was for regeneration, simply for alliance points really. Yet you are correct burst healing is more important.

I am using the lord stone right now due to my lack of defense and health since all of my other stats go into magicka regeneration/magicka. What stone would you use?

I also switched out a few things on my second bar and added magicka detonation, it's a great way to just cause massive amounts of damage and at the same time keep smart melee away from you. Going to morph it into the one cast on self.

I use clouding swarm simply because it gives me a really strong aoe and the ability to free cast for 5 seconds without being interrupted. Although I do agree that single target 1v1 soul assault is better. Yet at the same time clouding swarm allows me to resurrect an ally within the allotted time thanks to passives.

Here's another question. I am debating using puncturing sweep and toppling charge on my second bar along with magicka detonation and structured entropy. That's the bar with one hand and shield. I would move elusive mist up to my healing bar and use either dual wield or lightning staff.

Lastly food or drink?
    Edited by Daedgaming on December 28, 2015 6:08PM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually tweaked around my spec a bit last night. I now use one hand and shield on my second bar.

1) Here's a question though, does the Lightning staff generate more magicka because of the multiple target passive or simply because of the heavy attack passive which increases attack speed by 10%?

2) I am using the lord stone right now due to my lack of defense and health since all of my other stats go into magicka regeneration/magicka. What stone would you use?

3) I also switched out a few things on my second bar and added magicka detonation, it's a great way to just cause massive amounts of damage and at the same time keep smart melee away from you. Going to morph it into the one cast on self.

4) I use clouding swarm simply because it gives me a really strong aoe and the ability to free cast for 5 seconds without being interrupted. Although I do agree that single target 1v1 soul assault is better. Yet at the same time clouding swarm allows me to resurrect an ally within the allotted time thanks to passives.

5) Here's another question. I am debating using puncturing sweep and toppling charge on my second bar along with magicka detonation and structured entropy. That's the bar with one hand and shield. I would move elusive mist up to my healing bar and use either dual wield or lightning staff.

6) Lastly food or drink?

1) Well I didn´t think about passives, but if you kill something using a lightning staff you gain more magicka with your heavy attacks, particularly if you have the spell resistance debuff on the target

2) Mundus stone is a damn hard decision. Depends on your set, too. I would go crit to maximize burst healing potential, therefore thief.

3) such an op skill :)

4) it´s clear, I think nobody will deny the usefulness of bat swarm; it´s really a decision single target vs multiple target. In groups I would choose soul strike because the first one or two kills are those that matter more unless you are in an only-vamp group.

5) I would keep the sword´n-shield bar exclusively for buffing, gap closers, and emergency skills, and your most serious dps skills should go to the bar where your dps is higher. May I ask why sword´n-shield? If you are going a bit into stamina, you would gain sustained healing power over time, because vigor would start outperforming rapid regeneration, but it would seriously cripple your dps potential, namely magicka detonation and radiant oppression.

6) Orzuga´s drink (I forgot the name) is dirt cheap to produce and gives you what you want: Life and magicka reg.
    Edited by Thraben on December 29, 2015 9:11PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

1) Here's a question though, does the Lightning staff generate more magicka because of the multiple target passive or simply because of the heavy attack passive which increases attack speed by 10%?

2) I am using the lord stone right now due to my lack of defense and health since all of my other stats go into magicka regeneration/magicka. What stone would you use?

3) I also switched out a few things on my second bar and added magicka detonation, it's a great way to just cause massive amounts of damage and at the same time keep smart melee away from you. Going to morph it into the one cast on self.

4) I use clouding swarm simply because it gives me a really strong aoe and the ability to free cast for 5 seconds without being interrupted. Although I do agree that single target 1v1 soul assault is better. Yet at the same time clouding swarm allows me to resurrect an ally within the allotted time thanks to passives.

5) Here's another question. I am debating using puncturing sweep and toppling charge on my second bar along with magicka detonation and structured entropy. That's the bar with one hand and shield. I would move elusive mist up to my healing bar and use either dual wield or lightning staff.

6) Lastly food or drink?

1) Well I didn´t think about passives, but if you kill something using a lightning staff you gain more magicka with your heavy attacks, particularly if you have the spell resistance debuff on the target

2) Mundus stone is a damn hard decision. Depends on your set, too. I would go crit to maximize burst healing potential, therefore thief.

3) such an op skill :)

4) it´s clear, I think nobody will deny the usefulness of bat swarm; it´s really a decision single target vs multiple target. In groups I would choose soul strike because the first one or two kills are those that matter more unless you are in an only-vamp group.

5) I would keep the sword´n-shield bar exclusively for buffing, gap closers, and emergency skills, and your most serious dps skills should go to the bar where your dps is higher. May I ask why sword´n-shield? If you are going a bit into stamina, you would gain sustained healing power over time, because vigor would start outperforming rapid regeneration, but it would seriously cripple your dps potential, namely magicka detonation and radiant oppression.

6) Orzuga´s drink (I forgot the name) is dirt cheap to produce and gives you what you want: Life and magicka reg.

Given me a lot to think about, I'll get back to you on any changes