The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blacksmithing VERY slow

mb10
mb10
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Could anyone please recommend a updated method to solo blacksmithing which ISNT the steal 1000 crap items and deconstruct them for 1 level up...

Thanks in advance.

• dehlert
    dehlert
    ✭✭
    Grind and destroy those items.... greens and blues give most inspiration
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to public dungeon, kill kill kill kill - loot loot loot loot - go back to bank, bank some items, so you have room for deconstructiong. Decon everything, go back to public dungeon and grind further.

Intricate trait items give as much as green quality items. Blues and purples give higher Inspiration Points than intricate and ´greens do. However it doesn't matter, just do this process till you've lvl'ed.

This is and have always been the fastest way of lvl'ing a craft -.- killing, not stealing.

Edit: in case you wish to gain more, then don't grind public dungeon, as xp there is usually low. Go to a grind-spot for your lvl area, and grind instead, as @dehlert suggested.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on December 25, 2015 12:59PM
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no fast way.
    You have to earn it like everybody else.
    Grind, farm, rinse and repeat.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll get it easy by playing the game xD

Why do people grind blacksmithing and such is it for an alt?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • SevenKingdoms
    SevenKingdoms
    ✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Could anyone please recommend a updated method to solo blacksmithing which ISNT the steal 1000 crap items and deconstruct them for 1 level up...

Thanks in advance.

The crafting system is currently broke. Probably from a patch.
  • SevenKingdoms
    SevenKingdoms
    ✭✭

Not true. I've been clearing every map as I progress, and my character is way ahead of my crafting skill. This is with the maximum amount of research slots I can currently unlock constantly filled, deconstructing everything I loot, and completing writs daily. It's broke, plain and simple.
  • wikkiwild1b16_ESO
    wikkiwild1b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I've done a lot of deconstructing and leveling is slow but it does progress.
    Thing for me is I'm at level 19 and have only 1 trait researched and that was at level 15. I can only craft daggers, and nothing else. So crafting anything useful is out of the question until I level up. I may have to spend a few years on that, lol.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no point to fast leveling. So long as your craft level keeps up with you character level, and you are able to craft gear for your level, you are exactly where you need to be. If you waited to start crafting and your skill lags your character skill, deconning your loot should level you about as fast as is possible. Get the highest level loot you can, as ISP goes up with each level. Look for cheap gear from kiosks, or ask friends or guildmates to lend a hand with high level gear. Expect to hit level 50 in most crafts around the same time you hit vet level.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • AchlysNox
    AchlysNox
    ✭✭✭

Not true. I've been clearing every map as I progress, and my character is way ahead of my crafting skill. This is with the maximum amount of research slots I can currently unlock constantly filled, deconstructing everything I loot, and completing writs daily. It's broke, plain and simple.

My experience is quite the opposite. I got to 50 on provisioning really fast, and now I'm at 50 on blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking as well. I've been playing for a little under a month, and I'm already maxed out on 4 crafting trees.

The one that comes the slowest is enchanting, I'm on at 38 and this is the one I've been doing writs for. There are no intricate trait glyphs, you get very few green / blue glyphs, and once you've discovered all the rune word meanings, crafting new glyphs gives nearly nothing. At level 38 you'd have to craft around 50 grand glyphs to go up one level.

• Count_Dracula
    Count_Dracula
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't like blacksmithing, you're going hate enchanting. Its waaaaaay slower
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't like blacksmithing, you're going hate enchanting. Its waaaaaay slower

Don't I know it so true.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Just do the writs everyday, it may not be as fast as you want it to be but you do get good rewards out of it.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend runs dungeons a lot and already has max crafting levels, so she was sending me all her garbage clothing and blacksmithing materials to decon. I'm now at level 50 on both. It really didn't take that long, and it's a lot less than 1,000 items per level.
  • AmmonErebos
    AmmonErebos
    ✭✭✭
    just play the game and decon every intricate item you come across... in the time 1 alt gets 1-v16 you will get enough to max 3-4 alts in blacksmithing/clothing/woodworking..

decon everything you find... good way to build up a supply of tempers too.
  • SevenKingdoms
    SevenKingdoms
    ✭✭
    AchlysNox wrote: »

My experience is quite the opposite. I got to 50 on provisioning really fast, and now I'm at 50 on blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking as well. I've been playing for a little under a month, and I'm already maxed out on 4 crafting trees.

The one that comes the slowest is enchanting, I'm on at 38 and this is the one I've been doing writs for. There are no intricate trait glyphs, you get very few green / blue glyphs, and once you've discovered all the rune word meanings, crafting new glyphs gives nearly nothing. At level 38 you'd have to craft around 50 grand glyphs to go up one level.

Provisions is easy, enchanting takes the longest. That's nothing unusual. There is, however, a glitch with clothing, woodworking, and blacksmithing. The only way to currently get XP is to steal items, launder (max 50/day), then deconstruct. That's obviously not the intended way to level crafting.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blacksmithing is easy, just go to cyrodiil pick up all the weapons u find in which ever place u start (southern gate tends to b the better one) then head to the northern spawn point (if your not already there) head to the forge and deconstruct. Then repeat - I levelled up black smithing 10 times in one day by raiding the two starting camps and deconstructing everything.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After you've deconstructed a bunch of dropped gear, give all the materials to a friend or guildie and have them make a bunch of daggers to deconstruct. Rinse and repeat.

Deconstructing items made by players gives much more inspiration/xp than looted items!
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭

Provisions is easy, enchanting takes the longest. That's nothing unusual. There is, however, a glitch with clothing, woodworking, and blacksmithing. The only way to currently get XP is to steal items, launder (max 50/day), then deconstruct. That's obviously not the intended way to level crafting.

I'm not seeing any glitches right now. Are you basing that on actual IP returns from loot decon or craft-swap-decon?

My actual testing shows Kill Loot decon is still giving as much or more than craft-swap-decon only due to the fact that many loot items are already enchanted or boosted with tempers.

The raw IP numbers from craft-swap-decon have not changed since patch 2.2.8.

There ARE still IP and material return penalties for BS-WW-Cloth-Enchant if you are not within a few levels of the material deconned, whether loot or craft-swap-decon.

craft-decon-ip-data-as-of-patch-v2-2-8-orsinium-dlc
    Edited by SpAEkus on January 2, 2016 1:22AM
  • Deandril
    Deandril
    ✭✭✭
    AchlysNox wrote: »

I've been looting glyphs since July and only have ever gotten white glyphs. Unless writs reward green or blue glyphs I don't think they drop at all.