The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

crafting prices

gimpdrb14_ESO
gimpdrb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
what is a reasonable amount to charge someone for white crafted gear if they provide all the mats and upgrade items?
  • RapturousRex
    RapturousRex
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this question.

Personally, I'd say 10per piece for common racial gear, 20-100 for rarer stuff. Can't see it being massively profitable mind.

You could charge more for particular sets and traits.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How much time does it take you to craft what he wants? How much money could you make in the same time? How much effort was it to be able to craft what he wants?
    This should lead you to a reasonable price.

If it's just for research or an easy set (e.g. a precise breton torugs pact staff) I'd say maybe 500 - 1000 gold, if someone wants me to craft something more difficult (e.g. ancient orc guards of the armour master) they should pay more, maybe 5k or so.
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i told the guy 2k per piece your mats and he got all pissed off at me.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People that sell 8-9 trait and all styles VR16, usually charge around 5-6k each piece (your mats). So guess some guys are desperate enough to pay that.

If you're crafting something that doesn't require that many traits or new styles, I think 2-3k is really reasonable. If that offends someone, he's probably new in the game and looks at money differently as in dirt poor.

But you should ask for some payment, if it's not you're friends. If you're a crafter doing it for free, you're going to end up so burned out from all requests. People keep asking constantly and really just take your services for granted. Than they need help crafting for their alts to. They send their friend, guildie or spouse to you. They cant make up their mind, they dont have all the mats, they love wasting your time.

This is why I stopped mentioning my 100% unlocked crafting lines to new people/guilds. I just wont do it any more, unless it's someone I like and play with. Crafters also need time to play the game the way non-crafters do, they're not your private or the guilds official seamstress or fashion adviser.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Being on the PC, I would charge less than a 1000 for a set of gear I make at one crafting station in town if they provide mats. Heck I might even do it for free if they ask nicely and I don't have go anywhere.

Crafted Sets, then its a 1000 per trait needed for a set, with Mats provided. So, a 6 trait set will set them back 6000. If I have to go to two stations, then I add 2000 for travel time.

If they send me a request where they want a mix of 4 or 5 different racial styles and a mix of traits (beyond the typical Infused on Large and Divines on Small), I just refuse to do it and suggest they learn to craft themselves.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would you people charge for 5 kagrenac's pieces? on ps4 eu? Just curious before i even attempt to find someone in a few days/
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, it's not really worth the time if it's under 20k (if they supply everything). Especially for 8 - 9 trait sets with rare styles. Being burned a few times where you say "accept tips" and get nothing has made me pretty jaded on the topic though.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would you people charge for 5 kagrenac's pieces? on ps4 eu? Just curious before i even attempt to find someone in a few days/

Thing is, it's not that good of a set and requires 8 traits. Julianos is a better set, and requires 6 traits only ...however, need a crafter with access to Wrothgar.

..but if you ask a lvl 14 to provide you 2k per item crafted, I think it is silly - as players at that lvl often don't have the finances to pay for that. Craft them items for 200g and it would sound much more fair, if they provided the materials...

If you intend to make a living out of lvl 1-49 players, then by all means try to, but it will not be very profitable compared to if you crafted for v16s. They simply don't have access to as much goods to sell to other players, in order to cash in heavy sums of gold. These guys still quest around ..at best they can earn a spot in a veteran trading guild, by selling flowers and raw materials xD
    -which I do try to encourage my guildmembers to do, in case they're low lvls. There is no point for a lvl 7 to refine 500 raw materials, rather he sells them and cashes in the many K's gold and buys his first mount for it.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on December 25, 2015 12:50PM
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

You don't need the headache then, people don't seem to understand that crafting takes time time we could be leveling and running pledges. Running to 2 or three crafting stations is closer to work so if it is work then we should expect to get paid a decent amount. How long did it take you to learn those traits? How about finding those skyshards? How much did buying all those traits cost? Add that all up and 2k per piece is a bargain, more than I usually charge but then again I should probably charge more since it is a pima.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭

I've been finding a lot of "newer" players are those that give me that kind of a response.

I had one player message me to make him 5pc Hundings, purple quality, medium, v14. No problem for me, I have plenty of mats. He wants in in Xivkyn. Again, no problem. I quote him a reasonable price (and maybe even way under what I should of charged, not really sure) of 20k. He asked if I could give him a discount if he supplied all the leather. Told him I'm open and asked it to be dropped to 5k because, "thats all I have." When I told him I couldn't do it....the hate mail that followed....
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what should be considered by people buying crafted gear. https://reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/258tqw/attention_if_you_ask_someone_to_craft_set_gear/.

Now with all that said I have a guy that crafts at a reasonable price. He charges 20k for TBS, i got all 7 medium divines, 2 daggers, 2h maul and a bow. I supplied all the mats. This is how things should be. I know how much time and gold he must have spent to gather all motifs and knowledge. 20k is very reasonable.