Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Orsinium: The Durzog Whistle

BarbarianRogue
Why when you know the whistle works despite what you read, is the option to tell the man so labeled [Lie]?
That doesn't make since to me. It worked for my character. Obviously since they normal try to kill me I'm not like it's previous owner so then. Why would the character believe it doesn't work?
  • TheHereticMonk
    It doesn't work though. The quest giver believes it magically enchants durzogs to obey.
    If you read the journal near where you find the whistle it explains that they're just well trained Durzogs that respond to the whistle.
    Never Knows Best!
    GT: TheHereticMonk
    Xbox EU AD DPS/Healer Sorcerer
    Guild Master: Charitable Crafting Co-op <- Everything crafted for FREE!
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    The tale goes that the original owner of the whistle was able to charm many Durzogs because of his hard personality where the Durzogs feared him, so would listen to him and do whatever he said.

Over time many believed that the whistle had magical properties, however it was just a normal whistle as others who used it didn't have the same effect on the Durzogs as the original owner.

Thus, if you're playing a darker character, you can trick the merchant into blowing it and having his faced ripped off, like those who used it before him.
  • The_4O4
    The_4O4
    ✭✭✭
    If you tell his that the whistle works he gets killed, if you warn that it doesn't work, he'll show up in Orcinium as a bag merchant.