The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Concept: Tail armor for beast races

• dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one's tail needs to be free! Placing nasty metal on the tail makes this one go RRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooOOWWWW!!! *hiss* * spit*
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has this happened to you, a khajiit or argonian geared head to toe in heavy armor that covers your whole body ready for battle when all of a sudden a NB surprise attacks you cutting off your exposed tail the shock of loosing it stunning you until you die? The solution: Tail armor using a script similar to this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/31728/? you can now protect that exposed tail just by wearing your favorite greaves. But that is not all folks by adapting various armor styles you can protect that tail from hostile environments like the blistering Alikir Desert all the way up to the harsh winters of skyrim no longer will you loose that tail to frostbite or get heatstroke because you neglected to cover that tail. the best part is that like helmets you can decide not to wear them if you want to but no true warrior should go without. post now to order enough posts may get it delivered ;) .

It makes no sense not to have tail armor so I vote for this as well.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I adore the idea of tail armor. Or at least tail jewelry.
    I always wanted my khajiiti tail to have few metal rings on it...preferably with sapphire.
  • Iove
    Iove
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, thank you. Those pictures are absolutely ugly :(

Don't forget tails are for balance! Any kind of messing with them or restrictions might actually be more dangerous.

My take is that kitties and lizards are just so graceful in the dance of battle that they manage to dodge and weave and watch their tail ;)
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give this one more armor or give this one opponents who don't aim for unarmored vitals.

Also, their deaths. Give this one their deaths. They need the AP.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember if this applies, but King Khrogo in the Imperial City District is an armored Daedroth Boss who MAY have an armored tail. I recommend checking it out.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thought I might as well post this image I made of my Argonian wearing a tail ring, created it for the thread about tail ribbons.
    q5knpnW.png
    It is an interesting concept, I'd love to have tail armour/jewellery.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    and here i thought the Angonian's tail fell off as defence mechanism....who knew

We really don't know. There was an awesomely entertaining thread concerning Argonians growing back tails here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/152501/argonian-if-we-lose-our-tail-does-it-grow-back/p1

In it I actually said:
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Kublakan wrote: »
    It does grow back. Have you ever seen an argonian without a tail, still alive to tell the tale?

Maybe there's some crazy huge artery that is in their tail and if it gets cut they bleed out and die.

But if THAT were the case wouldn't we see Argonian tail armor?

Since there ISN'T armor on Argonian tails it would be safe to conclude that they aren't overly concerned with protecting their tails.

Since they aren't concerned with protecting their tails... I think it's not too far a leap to conclude that they do, indeed, grow back. If they didn't, I would think they would want to protect them.

whats the excuse for khajiit then? last time I checked cats don't grow them back.

Oh lord, lol.

Very few Reptiles are known to have the ability of regrowing a lost tail. Throwing Argonians, who are much larger and more complex creatures into those ranks is very far fetched.

And of course Cats can't regrow their tails. If it's lost, that's it. And I'm sure they'd face becoming outcasts for having stubby to no tail at all. I can see them being a source of pride and belonging.

One reason for Argonians not needing to protect their tails is their scales. It's a natural armor and could most likely defend against unavoidable nicks and scraping. Another reason is a tail's placement. Your tail is behind you, and you're trained to always keep your front facing your opponent.

A reason for Khajiit is their tails are too, for lack of a better term, flimsy. They don't have the muscular support to carry body armor, they're designed to enhance balance. I can see them being adorned with jewelry and other pretty things though cause, we all know, Khajiit love pretty things. But it's not practical to burden them with leather, much less so metal.

Also sorry for the bump.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • KronicDecay
    KronicDecay
    ✭✭✭
    You shall not turn This Khajiit into a bobcat! I demand shiny tail armor so male khajiit can have female khajiit chase after him!
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, still need tail ribbon and armor.
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If there are enough tail ribbons most Khajiit will have even more excuse to chase after tails and ignore all these vicious wars. This one would guess need lots of backup ribbons to replace those that are adopted by others.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think tail armor would be really cool (since I play an Argonian and I love him). However, I feel that the implementation stated in OP should not be used. Also should have a toggle in options on whether to enable it or not.

I believe that Argonian tail armor should be their own models that actually wrap around the ridges of Argonian tails, at least near the base.
    This way they will offer some protection from being outright chopped off while still maintaining freedom of movement.

Okay instead of describing it I decided to just do a quick sketch of what I mean.
    VGPgA4M.png

Can also be applied to Khajiiti, I guess, but needs a bit of a design tweak.
    Edited by HatchetHaro on July 27, 2016 5:05PM
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a cool idea, but there's just one problem: Argonians and Khajiit don't actually have tails. What you see is just a mechanical pin-on tail that systematically moves based on the wearers movements.

At first I thought they were real tails too. But closer observation to beast race skeletons evidences that these are indeed fake tails.
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    It's a cool idea, but there's just one problem: Argonians and Khajiit don't actually have tails. What you see is just a mechanical pin-on tail that systematically moves based on the wearers movements.

At first I thought they were real tails too. But closer observation to beast race skeletons evidences that these are indeed fake tails.
    KObd5tj.png
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »

KObd5tj.png

I lol'd
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would look stupid...especially if it was the same people (person?) that makes the other appearance stuff.