Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Intros to players who help players (offered for players who need help)

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
About This Thread

Some players come to the forum looking for help yet may be shy or nervous about asking for it. This is a completely voluntary thread for those players who sometimes (try to) help out other players, either on-forum or in-game, to make things a little less anonymous and a little more friendly for new (to the forums) players.

What you share is up to you.

Examples:

- why you enjoy playing,
- problems you've had yourself (in-game mistakes, how you work around real life issues in order to play, etc.)
- funny stories
- your GamerTag (consoles) or @AccountName / Character Names (PC) so people can contact you, along with your sever (NA or EU?) and platform (PC or Console?)
- a description of/link to your helpers guild
- links to guides, advice, etc you've created
- whatever you think might help that you feel comfortable sharing, it's up to you.

My Intro

ESO is the first MMO I've played for more than a few hours, and I started playing while still not familiar with the basic concepts and premises of MMOs let alone the terminology. I have been playing ESO since the last couple of beta weekends, but I still ask for advice and help on the forums.

When I started ESO I quickly switched to heavy armor because I took a ton of damage but I had dual wield swords because it looked fun, and the group finder defaulted me to being listed as a damage dealer. That was... interesting. So yes, I make plenty of mistakes in-game, but I also celebrate the triumphs.

I really enjoy the stories, characters and game-world atmosphere that has been created (and is still being expanded) in ESO, so much so that I collect/seek out things like: great NPC dialogue (mild spoilers), examples of sad/moving moments (serious spoilers), even the friendly named dogs (mild spoilers) that roam Tamriel.

I *might* have made a suggestion or two about improving the game, but I also try to answer questions and to encourage players to try things they might hesitate to jump into, like PvP in Cyrodiil (a dated item or two but basically OK) or group dungeons (be sure to see the great videos by The Different Geared to make you feel better about group dungeons or just for a laugh!).

Like any constantly updated game or online gaming community there are flaws with ESO, but it is a really fun experience. And the best way to learn the game is often just to jump in and play. Good luck!

Edited by tinythinker on December 11, 2015 4:48PM
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this