Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Wrothgar crafting improvement

Thresser
Thresser
Nirncruxes need to be enabled to be found in Wrothgar and the drop rate definitely needs to be improved, it would take off some of the heat of Craiglorn farming and give other players a chance at getting where a lot of players have memorized the routines of those few areas where nodes spawn. There also needs to be crafting for jeweled items i.e. Necklaces and rings but more importantly at least in the mean time make it possible to improve jewelry on the tempers please!!!
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree with everything except the addition of jewelry crafting/upgrading. Nirncrux drops are fine as is....
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Thresser
    Thresser
    My big problem with nirn stuff tallow is that I can get on for 3 hrs in the off times at random times and have most of the nodes picked through constantly from farmers which makes it next to impossible to get any even on a strictly farming points view
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thresser wrote: »
    My big problem with nirn stuff tallow is that I can get on for 3 hrs in the off times at random times and have most of the nodes picked through constantly from farmers which makes it next to impossible to get any even on a strictly farming points view

This is unlikely. There are hundreds of nodes in Craglorn, especially since nirn is in Lower Craglorn now too. I farmed Upper Craglorn when it was HEAVILY farmed, was also able to find some nodes, occasionally found nirn. If you don't find nirn from farming, do the equipment writs with all the mats you farm. Writs are not a sure thing, but the chance to find nirn is better than farming. I wouldn't complain if Wrothgar had nirn, but only because it would save me from traveling to Craglorn, not because you can't get nirn in Craglorn. Also, the drop rate is fine. Increasing the rate just puts more in the market and will crash the price, which is already much lower than it was.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thresser wrote: »

Odd you mention off hours in 1 month of farming Craglorn ive noticed( not do to other players) but a longer spawn time between nodes from 3am to 5am CST not sure if intended or not
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    If you don't find nirn from farming, do the equipment writs with all the mats you farm.

If you have 10/10 in materials, aren't the writs for Wrothgar? No Wrothgar Surveys drop Nirn. If your at 9/10 in Materials, then you don't see the top tier mats in Wrothgar. It's like you need to have one character for Wrothgar and one for Craglorn to farm the new mats and Nirn in Craglorn.

Basically ZOS has created a situation where Nirncrux needs to be made available in Wrothgar

Edited by Nestor on December 9, 2015 5:39PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    If you don't find nirn from farming, do the equipment writs with all the mats you farm.

If you have 10/10 in materials, aren't the writs for Wrothgar? No Wrothgar Surveys drop Nirn. If your at 9/10 in Materials, then you don't see the top tier mats in Wrothgar. It's like you need to have one character for Wrothgar and one for Craglorn to farm the new mats and Nirn in Craglorn.

Basically ZOS has created a situation where Nirncrux needs to be made available in Wrothgar

Agreed. If you want to farm the top-tier mats in Wrothgar, then no Nirn for you from writ surveys, so then you have to farm the regular nodes in Craglorn, which may be why they added Nirn drops to Lower Craglorn and increased the drop rate slightly. But, then you have to farm two areas and take more time away from questing, etc.