The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't login to account, reset password or anything

Skarburn
Skarburn
Soul Shriven
Hi there,

I was just about to try ESO again. I did so a few months back I believe to just check on things, and then I am damn sure I changed my email and password to my new ones. I try again today and it asks for an access code that never arrives. So I try to reset password and it keeps saying my information is not matching. I have tried every combination of my name and emails, but they say all is wrong. I try sending ticket, but that darn thing also asks for an access code. Tried submitting for compromised account ticket, but it asks for an answer to a secret question, which now after almost 2 years I can't remember the answer to. I also gotten new credit cards since I payed subscriptions or did anything with ESO so I can't provide that either. And I pre-ordered the physical collectors edition so can't provide paypal details for it either. So LUCKILY the forum account and game account are seperate. So I am desperately posting here to get this solved. I am 100% stuck.
  • Leggi
    Leggi
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the house of banned!
  • Skarburn
    Skarburn
    Soul Shriven
    Leggi wrote: »

Banned? Don't you have to actually play the game to get banned? :P
  • Leggi
    Leggi
    ✭✭✭
    Skarburn wrote: »

Says you. XD
  • Skarburn
    Skarburn
    Soul Shriven
    Skarburn wrote: »

Says you. XD

Well okay then.

For additional info if a Zenimax employee would respond to this: I can provide the cd-key and everything that came with the collectors edition. I just need the means to do so since to do anything I had to log in, which I couldn't
  • Glip
    Glip
    ✭✭✭
    Fun fact, you can trick the log-in system into giving you your secret question by telling it you forgot your password. After entering your name and email it'll then give you your secret question and ask for the answer.

At least then you'll be able to answer that for the support ticket.

I'm having a similar problem to you where I can't log in because the access code is being sent to an old e-mail account that no longer exists. Still waiting for a response on my tickets/forum post.
  • Skarburn
    Skarburn
    Soul Shriven
    Glip wrote: »
    Fun fact, you can trick the log-in system into giving you your secret question by telling it you forgot your password. After entering your name and email it'll then give you your secret question and ask for the answer.

At least then you'll be able to answer that for the support ticket.

I'm having a similar problem to you where I can't log in because the access code is being sent to an old e-mail account that no longer exists. Still waiting for a response on my tickets/forum post.

Thanks for the reply, but sadly I can't even have it give me that. Because for some reason every combination of my emails and name isn't reckognized. Have noe idea why. Doubt the account is hacked or anything since the new password I set a few months back when I checked in on the game is the one I use to login and it tells me to get the access code. This whole situation just confuses me.
  • Skarburn
    Skarburn
    Soul Shriven
    Could I please get some help with this? Or at least a way to contact the customer support without having to logging since that is my problem.
  • ITPalg
    ITPalg
    This company needs to fix this crap asap.

I paid for this a month ago via Humble Bundle store, played just 2 nights, then tried 3 days later today, and can't login.

It is telling me ID/pw invalid, and can't recognize my first/last name and email combos.
  • Skarburn
    Skarburn
    Soul Shriven
    You know, I am usually a very understanding guy when other people complain about customer service and other stuff in games. People usually pull the trigger even after 1 bad incident or because they can't wait more than 1 hour before complaining. But this time I will say it. The customer service here in Elder Scrolls Online is utter ***.

It now has been over a week. I tried getting the attention of anyone to help me here, I had my girlfriend make an account just to put in a ticket and that way I got an email which they told me to contact them directly. It now has been 5 days and I still haven't heard anything from them. This is lousy and outright HORRIBLE customer support. It's like they don't want my money at all.
  • dazt
    dazt
    Skarburn,

I have a similar issue, own the collectors edition and started my sub again about 2 weeks ago, bought 5000 crowns and started playing.

Last week same deal as you and no response to my forum post. I have re posted my request on this forum today so will see what happens with that. Good luck to all of us as i will probably be cancelling from paypal side if i don't get it resolved by the time the next month sub ticks over.
  • Skarburn
    Skarburn
    Soul Shriven
    I have no problem with there being a login issue. Or any kind of issue for that matter, but it has gone almost 2 weeks and not even a reply!! This is just really REALLY bad customer service.